Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Jul 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3432590)   #1
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
switching from historics to AO32's

I am debating whether to use Dunlop Historics or Yokos in Swinging 60's next year. I have 6 no 8J x 15 wheels..Ideal size is 225/60/15 but tweaks website recommend a max 7J rim.

Does anyone run 225's on 8J's ? any expected problems going 1 inch over..

Other option is to stick with Dunlops??

I would welcome opinions on which class to have the most fun in??

N.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3432591)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've run 032rs on 7 and 8X15 inch rims and I didn't notice much difference apart from slightly better times on 7J rims. They will easily fit on 8Js and in theory the tyre should roll less as it's splayed out more to the rim.
Where are you getting them from?
Old 10 Jul 2014, 20:59 (Ref:3432597)   #3
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I've run 032rs on 7 and 8X15 inch rims and I didn't notice much difference apart from slightly better times on 7J rims. They will easily fit on 8Js and in theory the tyre should roll less as it's splayed out more to the rim.
Where are you getting them from?
Not sure yet..
Still mulling over whether I should stick to M sections for swinging 60's or go over to the AO32..There seems to be a class for both.. Don't fancy replacing 6 wheels just yet but I don't want to be the only one out on histories if everyone is running AO32's

Will have to give someone in Swinging 60's a bell.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3432624)   #4
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I run 225/60/15 A032's on my Mustang in Swinging Sixties. The yokos will last longer, are slightly cheaper and for a 'modern' tyre reasonably progressive. They are not as much fun as Dunlops if you prefer to drift. There's not normally too many peeps running Dunlops in Swinging Sixties as they are normally AppK cars and can run in the AppK race, you do get a few doing both though.

Funnily enough I've only ever used the yokos on 7'' wheels but as I've just had some Dunlops fitted to those wheels I'm now going to fit the Yokos to my 8'' wheels. Not expecting much difference but will have to wait and see!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 11 Jul 2014, 06:21 (Ref:3432685)   #5
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
I run 225/60/15 A032's on my Mustang in Swinging Sixties. The yokos will last longer, are slightly cheaper and for a 'modern' tyre reasonably progressive. They are not as much fun as Dunlops if you prefer to drift. There's not normally too many peeps running Dunlops in Swinging Sixties as they are normally AppK cars and can run in the AppK race, you do get a few doing both though.

Funnily enough I've only ever used the yokos on 7'' wheels but as I've just had some Dunlops fitted to those wheels I'm now going to fit the Yokos to my 8'' wheels. Not expecting much difference but will have to wait and see!
Be very interested to know the results.
It sounds like I will be better off with the Yokos for Swinging 60's then ?
Old 11 Jul 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3432737)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Be very interested to know the results.
It sounds like I will be better off with the Yokos for Swinging 60's then ?
Yes,Unless you intend doing another race or series where you need to run Dunlops and want to save on tyre cost.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3432821)   #7
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Yes,Unless you intend doing another race or series where you need to run Dunlops and want to save on tyre cost.
I think thats the decision made.
N.
Old 12 Jul 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3433106)   #8
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil,

When will you be coming out to join us in the Swingers?
Old 12 Jul 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3433133)   #9
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Next season Dave.
I have the car somewhere near reliable now and I am a little more confident behind the wheel.
I was getting warm oil temps after 25 mins so trying a few things with ducting and chin spoilers

Testing at Croft on 1st August and probably another session before end of year then full on finishing the old fellas road car.

I was contemplating doing anglesey but think I will be happier with some more seat time in testing.

HSCC boys will be out at croft so I should get some benchmark times??

This was at Cadwell recently

N.

Last edited by Heightswitch; 12 Jul 2014 at 09:57. Reason: pic
Old 12 Jul 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3433147)   #10
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Next season Dave.
I have the car somewhere near reliable now and I am a little more confident behind the wheel.
I was getting warm oil temps after 25 mins so trying a few things with ducting and chin spoilers

Testing at Croft on 1st August and probably another session before end of year then full on finishing the old fellas road car.

I was contemplating doing anglesey but think I will be happier with some more seat time in testing.

HSCC boys will be out at croft so I should get some benchmark times??

This was at Cadwell recently

N.