Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3440119)   #1
hanuman
Rookie

hanuman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood Revival 2014

Can anyone direct me to a race programme for this year's Revival meeting? I can't seem to find one on the Goodwood website despite specific races being advertised. There is a special race for Jaguar D Types for instance but it doesn't say what day it's on!

Also, there are only tickets for Sunday left available so either everyone knows something I don't (!) and Saturday is the best day or it's just guess work.

Incidentally, does any other major event sell-out without actually announcing its line up or programme in advance?
Old 30 Jul 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3440135)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Can anyone direct me to a race programme for this year's Revival meeting? I can't seem to find one on the Goodwood website despite specific races being advertised. There is a special race for Jaguar D Types for instance but it doesn't say what day it's on!

Also, there are only tickets for Sunday left available so either everyone knows something I don't (!) and Saturday is the best day or it's just guess work.

Incidentally, does any other major event sell-out without actually announcing its line up or programme in advance?
The Jag race is #7 and must be on Saturday, as Sunday starts with #9. Think at the moment final timetable not anywhere, am just going from paperwork I have received.

Mods, can this be merged into the main Revival thread? Save any of us old codgers getting confused.....
Old 31 Jul 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3440290)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Most of the people who attend Goodwood haven't got a clue what the programme is and are not aware the racing over the three days is balanced with all the other hoopla thrown in .

Probably less knowledge with the punters at Goodwood than any other sporting event in UK. It's in the entertainment industry based on old cars.

Notwithstanding that a very good three days out
Old 31 Jul 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3440364)   #4
hanuman
Rookie

hanuman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for reply and apologies for missing the other thread where this has been debated extensively....

...yes it is pretty remarkable that the event sells out without anyone knowing what it is that they're actually going to get to see. Hence question about whether any other event manages to sell out without announcing the line up!

I've based buying Sunday tickets on previous events but, bar the RAC TT and maybe the Goodwood Trophy, the races have been moving around a lot of late so it's pot luck.
Old 2 Aug 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3440947)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mods, can this be merged into the main Revival thread? Save any of us old codgers getting confused.....
For some reason cannot merge with 'event' threads, so have copied posts over and now closing this.
Closed Thread