Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3893419)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Entry lists available on the french website now.
Old 26 Mar 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3893545)   #27
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good grid for HF1.

GT40 isn’t normally eligible for GD, but is for NKHTGT, hence you’ll notice in a GTP class. GD and the Touring car grids are considerably boosted by the inclusion of the Dutch series cars, luckily.

Why the comment regarding that driver in a T70?
Referencing 'Luckily' Part.

Having looked at the entries I cant help but notice the rather poor entries for the Sports and GT race.I don't know why that could be.Its a modern track that Masters hasn't been to in a while.The similar meeting for PA regularly gets upwards of 50 cars.I note though that PA attracts more Euro drivers than Masters but if it werent for the Dutch vistors it would be quite a poor entry even though on the Masters Website it says that spaces would be in high demand.This is unforntuantely apart from Spa,Silverstone is another Masters meet with quite low numbers of entries which is a little concerning.Anyway anyone going?

As ever with my info please feel free to correct any info on what I've said.👍
Old 26 Mar 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3893554)   #28
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
results page

https://www.its-results.com/cmc/2019...f-1d34c7595ef2
Old 30 Mar 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3894268)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The pré 66 grid Qualy is over. Results show seven yank tanks ahead with one Cortina -Martin/Soper- being forth. The first GTA is 9. Second Cortina is 12th, seven seconds slower than the English one. 21 cars classified one DNS (Mini Cooper).
Old 30 Mar 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3894348)   #30
Willmaz223
Veteran

The Watson/O Connell car 3 seconds quicker than the likes of Calum Lockie in the B8 part,Crikey.

Looks like a good race with the Pole in Sportcars normally doing PA events.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3894393)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
The pre-66 one hour race just ended so results are TBC. It gives Thomas/ Lockie Falcon, Korsten Mustang, Martin/ Soper Cortina. I imagine an epic battle for the podium, the Cortina was second when the race had only 4 minutes to go, fighting against Hamilton's Falcon to the very last seconds. First Mini is Bell/ Ferguson which probably started from the pits having recorded no lap time during Q. Andrew Lawley and his GTA could not finish unfortunately.
I guess we'll see the same competitors at Magny-Cours during the GP de France Historique.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3894407)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
There si something I can't understand with the live timing. See the live page. Up right you have the official time which is ok the count is ok but count down shows strange things like a "floating" second. Anyone can explain this please?
Old 2 Apr 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3894907)   #33
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just had a scan through all the results. Bit of an eye opener to see the biggest starting grid was HF1! (Ignoring, for the sake of clarity, the Dutch entries in other races.)

The first Masters meeting at Imola last year was not well supported either, and that was a month later than this one, so maybe it’s just too early for some UK based folk to be trapesing across Europe?

Off topic, but- Interesting that at Barcelona this weekend, the 60s Endurance has ‘only’ 44 cars entered, whereas CER1 has 50. That’s not the normal way round....
Old 2 Apr 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3894909)   #34
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Off topic, but- Interesting that at Barcelona this weekend, the 60s Endurance has ‘only’ 44 cars entered, whereas CER1 has 50. That’s not the normal way round....
Including 12 Cobras.Lot of big engined cars.
Old 2 Apr 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3894911)   #35
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
First race of the season. Deep south of France. Brexit. Many discovered the Ricard ad it seems they did appreciate their venue. If the pre-66 was moderately supported (compared to HTC or U2TC) the battles must have been fantastic. And Steve S remains a top notch competitor. La qualité était bien présente, les absents ont peut être eu tort… I guess the French organiser is working hard on an English version of the race reports. Personally I do like to read from Henk, so looking forward.
Old 12 Apr 2019, 07:59 (Ref:3896951)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Communiqués de presse for the three days are available through the official website.