Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2003, 14:12 (Ref:685071)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heritage GT?

does this championship series have it's own website? If not could somebody point me towards anywhere that has any info?
Old 11 Aug 2003, 17:41 (Ref:685259)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Try http://www.heritageracingsupport.com/ that should help - it is great series and they where well worth watch at the Snetterton at the weekend. It was a real shame the final race was red flagged due to a first corner accident.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 18:07 (Ref:685304)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was it not stopped due to the big V8 Aston (driven by Heritage boss Roger Bennington) blowing up after the startline? With so much oil down and such a big clear up job, fading light too, they thought it safer to cancel the restart.

Shame as there were so many mouthwatering cars. My favourite was the lovely little silver Lotus Elan twin-cam of Nick Faure, complete with old style 'C' reg registration plate and individual numbers on the grill. It looked the part with 'off white' number roundels on the doors as they were in those days, even though it has only been a race car for a few years - having previously spent its life as a street classic.
Old 11 Aug 2003, 18:15 (Ref:685313)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was stop because of an off at turn 1 certainly a Aston and MG both came through the campsite on the back of low loader just as I was getting my BBQ going.........
Old 11 Aug 2003, 18:47 (Ref:685357)   #5
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i saw the championship at silverstone btcc earlier this year- fantastic racing, and a refreshing lack of Porsches! (though a 356 would be welcome)