Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Sep 2000, 05:48 (Ref:37787)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Wow, I thought I was watching one of those Ferrari and McLaren F1 blowouts today. Jeff Burton led every single lap of the Dura-Lube 300 at Loudon. Leading every lap of a race has surprisingly only happened 6 times in NASCAR's history. The last time this happened was in 1978 when Cale Yarborough did it at Nashville.
Old 19 Sep 2000, 21:06 (Ref:38056)   #2
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the other extreme from his win there last year, isn't it? There he worked from 37th to the front and only led the last two laps after Stewart ran out of fuel.

It seems a bit of a surprise as Roush drivers Burton and Martin have won a lot of races by being patient early and positioning themselves to go for the win late.
Old 23 Sep 2000, 20:26 (Ref:38824)   #3
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figured as much. I thought that someone would hit on something that no one else would get, due to the short amount of time to develop/test the engines with the plates. Thought someone would run off and hide, and Burton proved me right. Even though I'm happy that a Ford won, being a diehard Ford fan, and I like Jeff Burton, it made for an extreamly boring race!