Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Nov 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4186650)   #101
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From what I can gather, existing customers have (rightly) been given preference and provided that they have ordered the same as before, they're likely to be successful. People who have asked for things they haven't asked for before and new customers are less likely to be as successful.
Old 20 Nov 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4186687)   #102
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After being irresponsible and missing out on tickets to the centenary this year, I decided to sign up for ACO membership to try and get a better shot at tickets for 2024. Which seemed a good idea, unfortunately though the date of ticket sales opening coincided with a longtime coming overseas trip!

Smash cut to Nov 7th standing around a busy street in Kyoto at 7pm local time trying to get into the ACO ticket sales page line on a rental wifi router, which took around 2 hours, and an orphaned seat in T17/18 that was snapped up before I could complete checkout.

In the end, I ended up with 1 week general admission ticket and 1 grandstand seat in T16. Not too bad, I suppose. Happy to be back for my second ever Le Mans in person, even if this one will be another solo outing, and thinking after the sellouts of this year and next that the next time will probably be when the manufacturers have left and attendance returns to being rather more casual...

I do have a question though - after hearing Aysedasi espouse the benefits of the ACO grandstand (toilets/showers/etc.), if one does not have seat tickets in the ACO stands, would you still be able to access the George Durand area for ACO members in T17 by purchasing the club pass?
Old 20 Nov 2023, 21:54 (Ref:4186695)   #103
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post

I do have a question though - after hearing Aysedasi espouse the benefits of the ACO grandstand (toilets/showers/etc.), if one does not have seat tickets in the ACO stands, would you still be able to access the George Durand area for ACO members in T17 by purchasing the club pass?
Yes indeed - if they're still available.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 15:33 (Ref:4186771)   #104
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So, I now have my tickets in my sweaty paws......

No sign of any stickers for the parking tickets though.......

Several full week general entry tickets on the resale site today.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4186787)   #105
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I had a moment of celebration when I saw what I thought was a return to the old style parking tickets...then read the smallprint.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4186788)   #106
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I had a moment of celebration when I saw what I thought was a return to the old style parking tickets...then read the smallprint.
Actually, closer inspection suggests the Mulsanne/Arnage parking ticket is to be displayed 'old school' in the enclosed old style sticky ticket holder, whereas Expo parking tickets will need to be exchanged for a sticker, per last year.
Old 21 Nov 2023, 22:29 (Ref:4186801)   #107
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Actually, closer inspection suggests the Mulsanne/Arnage parking ticket is to be displayed 'old school' in the enclosed old style sticky ticket holder, whereas Expo parking tickets will need to be exchanged for a sticker, per last year.
Exactly right, I hadn't read the blurb on the tickets. I hope they'll send them out in advance like they did (for me at least) last year. I still wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go stickers for them all.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 11:03 (Ref:4186859)   #108
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone actually had their Mulsanne/Arnage parking ticket checked? We have Mulsanne camping so asking for a friend as they say.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 11:30 (Ref:4186866)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Has anyone actually had their Mulsanne/Arnage parking ticket checked? We have Mulsanne camping so asking for a friend as they say.
Yes, most years. I know there are those who say they haven't had tickets checked and have got into the Mulsanne and Arnage car parks without a ticket, but certainly over the last few years we've had our ticket checked every time.
Old 22 Nov 2023, 16:14 (Ref:4186896)   #110
KlBD
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes indeed - if they're still available.
I purchased the race Club access last night and it appeared as an extra line on my ACO memberships list on the website. Do you know if they mail out any kind of physical accreditation for the members' area, or do they just check this using your ACO membership card?
Old 22 Nov 2023, 17:03 (Ref:4186905)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They just check your card. You will have received an email acknowledgement though. Once you sign in at the circuit you'll have your wristband for the rest of the event so you won't have to show your card each time.
Old 23 Nov 2023, 06:29 (Ref:4186969)   #112
KlBD
Racer

I see, thanks for the info as always!
Old 23 Nov 2023, 09:46 (Ref:4186982)   #113
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You're very welcome!
Old 24 Nov 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4187123)   #114
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I see the ACO have a black friday sale, with 75% off some stuff, pity they have not got anything much to sell
Old 24 Nov 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4187134)   #115
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I took a quick look but there's nothing there I want....
Old 4 Dec 2023, 15:29 (Ref:4188261)   #116
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have confirmed for 2 x Goodyear GS through agent now - did have a scare as that GS was missed off the list of GSs they sent!
Old 4 Dec 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4188271)   #117
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Have confirmed for 2 x Goodyear GS through agent now - did have a scare as that GS was missed off the list of GSs they sent!
Nice one.

Quite a few full week general entry and Hippodrome camping up on the resale site today.
Old 7 Dec 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4188565)   #118
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ended up turning down the Epinettes camping pitch from my agents. The mark-up was just nuts. So this year we will be in Hippodrome for the first time it looks like.
Old 6 Feb 2024, 11:55 (Ref:4195334)   #119
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A ticketing question, but not about the 24 Hours.

My old pals the Tourists have elected this year to forego the 24 Hours and have decided instead to do the Classic next year. I will probably source their tickets for them as I normally do for Le Mans. For those who went to the Classic last year, did the ACO require an entry ticket to be bought with grandstand seats?
Old 6 Feb 2024, 16:05 (Ref:4195372)   #120
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No but i bought the aco package that included race ticket, grandstand and entry to the paddock, that is best as they will certainly want paddock as that is a real must for the classic. i got grandstand 17/18 so had access to the facilities there and the food there is better than else where TBH
Old 6 Feb 2024, 18:31 (Ref:4195399)   #121
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Agreed! That makes sense Simon.
Old 9 Apr 2024, 11:33 (Ref:4204316)   #122
jchicharro
Rookie

jchicharro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi!
The only grandstand ticket I could manage was T03-bis Chapelle, which is a non covered, non numbered grandstand. Does anyone knows how it works? I mean, I guess there are only as many T03bis tickets as seats in the grandstand, even if they are not numbered, aren´t they?
Thanks! So few weeks left for Le Mans!!
Old 9 Apr 2024, 11:40 (Ref:4204318)   #123
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've never had a non-numbered grandstand seat - in fact, I've never encountered it before this year and that stand. I wouldn't put it past the ACO to sell more tickets than seats though in which case it will then become a case of first come first served, I suppose....
Old 9 Apr 2024, 12:28 (Ref:4204326)   #124
jchicharro
Rookie

jchicharro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I decided to write to ACO, let´s see how it goes...
Old 9 Apr 2024, 15:24 (Ref:4204362)   #125
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The support staff there are normally very helpful and quick to respond - in my experience.