Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2019, 23:05 (Ref:3883663)   #46
chunder
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
England
Stevenage
Posts: 8,298
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are these all little costed DLC or freebies
chunder is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Feb 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3883664)   #47
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,394
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Are these all little costed DLC or freebies
If you buy the deluxe edition of the game (about £65), those are all free. Season 2 DLC should contain a similar number of cars and tracks and those are included in the deluxe edition as well.

I believe they will all be available separately if you just buy the regular edition of the game.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3883733)   #48
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 905
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
If you buy the deluxe edition of the game (about £65), those are all free. Season 2 DLC should contain a similar number of cars and tracks and those are included in the deluxe edition as well.

I believe they will all be available separately if you just buy the regular edition of the game.
This is what many companies do within gaming and it really frustrates me. They release a game, sometimes with little content, and if you want more content you need to buy a season pass, a special edition like this one, or DLCs.
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3883739)   #49
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,394
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
This is what many companies do within gaming and it really frustrates me. They release a game, sometimes with little content, and if you want more content you need to buy a season pass, a special edition like this one, or DLCs.
Yeah, annoying isn't it? I do think it's a bit of a double edged sword for game companies now. I know Codemasters got a lot of grief after Dirt 4 came out for not releasing any additional content once the game had hit the shelves, but if they do something like this then they are accused of ripping people off!

The "basic" game has more content than either Dirt Rally 1 or Dirt 4 at release, so at least they don't seem to be holding massive chunks of it back.
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3883766)   #50
chunder
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
England
Stevenage
Posts: 8,298
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its only annoying if you all buy it, if you don't, they sill stop doing it, simple really.

Most of the content is from DR, which is pathetic really. Just offloading old stuff onto fans paying a premium, just like most games like this.
chunder is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3883771)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran
 
tbtstt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Posts: 3,394
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Its only annoying if you all buy it, if you don't, they sill stop doing it, simple really.

Most of the content is from DR, which is pathetic really. Just offloading old stuff onto fans paying a premium, just like most games like this.
At least the "old" content is being released as an optional extra, rather than putting that in the base game and forcing you to pay more for the new environments.

That said I am keen to revisit Monte Carlo and Germany with the R5's. Sweden could be interesting with surface degradation, though I found that the hardest environment to drive in the first DR, so I am not sure I want it to be any trickier!
tbtstt is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3883803)   #52
chunder
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
England
Stevenage
Posts: 8,298
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, so Germany Monte should be optional!! lol.

This is the problem with modern gamers, they are so willing to hand over their money for literally nothing, You already have Germany and Monte in the old game, there is NO WAY you should be expected to pay for that, they are wrapping up a load of old stuff with a couple of new cars and asking you to pay 20 bloody quid, it's literally robbery.

They have written it 4 years ago, it should just be in the game anyway, you should not be paying for it! OK a few new things have changed with regard to surface deg, that is simply a plug in they could easily release for DR1.

Would you pay extra for a book that covered the previous book for 100 pages at the beginning? Or a box set that had the last two episodes in it just for fun? No, of course you wouldn't

Only gamers would which is why people like Codemasters, and many others take advantage of your sorry to say this, stupidity.
chunder is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3883911)   #53
Hickey
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
United Kingdom
London
Posts: 970
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol, so Germany Monte should be optional!! lol.

This is the problem with modern gamers, they are so willing to hand over their money for literally nothing, You already have Germany and Monte in the old game, there is NO WAY you should be expected to pay for that, they are wrapping up a load of old stuff with a couple of new cars and asking you to pay 20 bloody quid, it's literally robbery.

They have written it 4 years ago, it should just be in the game anyway, you should not be paying for it! OK a few new things have changed with regard to surface deg, that is simply a plug in they could easily release for DR1.

Would you pay extra for a book that covered the previous book for 100 pages at the beginning? Or a box set that had the last two episodes in it just for fun? No, of course you wouldn't

Only gamers would which is why people like Codemasters, and many others take advantage of your sorry to say this, stupidity.
I always feel so uplifted after reading your posts. Have you considered doing TED Talks?
Hickey is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3883942)   #54
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
United Kingdom
Posts: 260
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the flip side, most of us picked up Dirt Rally for less than £25 and played the hell out of it.

Good to see those three rallies on the list, and good business by codies to announce it because that's real incentive to buy the Deluxe edition.
SnoodyMcFlude is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3883961)   #55
chunder
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
England
Stevenage
Posts: 8,298
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hickey

If you like giving away money for nothing then feel free, maybe you do.

Sadly I am a little more aware of what goes in with these people.

Please explain what the incentive is to buy three events you have ALREADY played to death? I would like to be enlightened.
chunder is offline  
Quote
Old 13 Feb 2019, 22:35 (Ref:3883968)   #56
crossfades
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Sweden
Posts: 905
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
On the flip side, most of us picked up Dirt Rally for less than £25 and played the hell out of it.

Good to see those three rallies on the list, and good business by codies to announce it because that's real incentive to buy the Deluxe edition.
With DR and D4 having shortcomings in content rallying wise (they are rallying games after all), announcing beforehand that there will be more content if you are willing to pay for it minimises the base game itself. There isn't even snow in the base game for example, something that was even present on Colin McRea games on PS2.

It makes you wonder if they have taken out things from the base game, or things that could have been in the base game, just so they can sell it. DLCs should be developed after games are released, not before.

When it comes to rally games there is not much to choose from; WRC or Dirt, otherwise it's arcade games or going back to the 2000's for older rally games. I have played a lot of DR but it is somewhat repetitive and D4 might as well be an arcade game in many aspects. So basically it's either this, which looks to be a very good game, or taking a chance with WRC. It really annoys me that they have decided for this "season" stuff, it reminds of the practices of EA and Activision.
crossfades is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Feb 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3884127)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran
 
BertMk2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Posts: 9,503
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm kind of with chunder on this - if I'm paying for a game I want the whole game - not bits of it with the chance to buy the rest later. I thought the way Gran Turismo 6 handled things worked well - the core game was released and you could work your way through that, extra content was available as updates - but didn't cost any more.

I won't be getting DR2 - mainly because I still don't have a latest generation console (there aren't enough games I'm interested in to justify the cost). If I already had the console I'd probably pick it up when the price dropped and just play what's there in the out of the box version.
BertMk2 is online now  
Quote
Old 14 Feb 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3884141)   #58
Hickey
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
United Kingdom
London
Posts: 970
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Hickey

If you like giving away money for nothing then feel free, maybe you do.

Sadly I am a little more aware of what goes in with these people.

Please explain what the incentive is to buy three events you have ALREADY played to death? I would like to be enlightened.
I don't own Dirt Rally 1, that's why.
Hickey is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Feb 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3884146)   #59
chunder
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
England
Stevenage
Posts: 8,298
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair enough

But as you can see above I am not alone in my view here.

I understand that people want content, and this is good stuff, but the game costs 40 odd quid on release yes, the DLC will probably be released in dibs and drabs costing a few quid each, and by the time you get to 70 quid you have paid nearly two thirds again for the game.

When all that content was written 4 years ago, and has simply been modded to adapt to the new game. If you didn't have the old game, where have you been its been dirt cheap for years!! And it was brilliant, (apart from RX).

Does this happen in any other industry? You pay for something and then to be able to use it fully, you have to keep buying extra things for it? it is pure nonsense.

It's your money of course, you can buy what you want obviously. But the precedent you set and most gamers set by doing it is dangerous.

You are not backing a company, helping them to make better games, these companies believe they will always get bigger and this is their way of maximising profits and basically robbing from you.

Simply, if nobody bought the DLC, everyone grouped together and said f*** you. It would stop.

The only company doing it right are Ployphony, they release a game, OK it was not complete on release, but the DLC has ALL been free.

All they did was basically exclude the dearest cars from the daily reward and force you to either earn in game credits or use real money to buy them if you want.

THAT is the way forward, reward grinding, and if you are impatient, charge a small fee for content. A SMALL fee. pence.
chunder is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:32 (Ref:3884184)   #60
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
United Kingdom
Posts: 260
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
With DR and D4 having shortcomings in content rallying wise (they are rallying games after all), announcing beforehand that there will be more content if you are willing to pay for it minimises the base game itself. There isn't even snow in the base game for example, something that was even present on Colin McRea games on PS2.

It makes you wonder if they have taken out things from the base game, or things that could have been in the base game, just so they can sell it. DLCs should be developed after games are released, not before.

So donít buy it? If you donít like something then thatís the only way that games companies will change it, if you make a point of telling them that youíre not going to buy it. And tbf the Dirt team do seem to pay at least a bit of attention to the community, hence the announcement that VR will no be an option.

Personally l prefer the route they took with DR and Kunos took with ACC, where taking a gamble early means that you can get a good deal. Although ACC was virtually unplayable due to issues in the early stage.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SnoodyMcFlude is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DiRT Rally tbtstt Virtual Racers 9 15 Apr 2016 17:05
Winston Cup should have one Dirt Track! philip_woody NASCAR & Stock Car Racing 5 19 Aug 2003 17:17
Steve Kinser On Diggin In The Dirt nunga National & International Single Seaters 3 4 Apr 2003 12:49


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 15:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.