Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Apr 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2859975)   #1
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Global rallycross on espn

Sorry if posted elsewhere, but just noticed on the freeview tv guide, that for those with espn, they are showing global rallycross at 2.15 am till 4am on Monday the 18th april 2011.
Old 7 Apr 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2860037)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the heads up Stephen. I knew it was going to be shown on ESPN, but I wasn't sure when. Cheers!
Old 7 Apr 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2860155)   #3
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's great that you guys can get ESPN now in the UK. We don't record the show till next Wednesday (!) before a mad dash for the crew to Seattle for round 2. It was a long weekend on Livestream but edited down it should make a great 2 hour show.

Fingers crossed......

Mark
Old 7 Apr 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2860197)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't personally get ESPN, but if the GRC is getting coverage on a major channel like ESPN then it should be fairly easy to track the footage down after the programme televises.

I was expecting an hour programme, so two hours is a bonus.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:40 (Ref:2860713)   #5
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I can't personally get ESPN, but if the GRC is getting coverage on a major channel like ESPN then it should be fairly easy to track the footage down after the programme televises.

I was expecting an hour programme, so two hours is a bonus.
The only danger is it the slot it is in.

ESPN on freeview isnt very good at keeping to their schedule.

Many times in the evening I`ve set a timer and got something completely different. Worse on freeview if recording things in that time slot, is that they just go off air in the middle of a programme.

So fingers crossed that they dont have problems airing the rallycross footage.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2861400)   #6
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Another showing of the global rallycross is listed for

weds 20th April between 2pm and 4pm,

being an afternoon slot, its more likely that they will stick to the scehedule and not cut it to fit what time is left before they closedown for the night
Old 10 Apr 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2861406)   #7
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great i will be watching
Old 10 Apr 2011, 17:44 (Ref:2861465)   #8
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
MiniMadness should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
It's great that you guys can get ESPN now in the UK. We don't record the show till next Wednesday (!) before a mad dash for the crew to Seattle for round 2. It was a long weekend on Livestream but edited down it should make a great 2 hour show.

Fingers crossed......

Mark
Mark when is it on in the US ? Any ideas ?
Old 10 Apr 2011, 23:47 (Ref:2861616)   #9
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Yes, in the US it is on Sunday 17th on ESPN2 at 10pm EST. It will follow NHRA, which I think is live, so may be late. We record it on Wednesday so I will ensure it is worth recording!

Future programs in the US will follow NASCAR Nationwide Series races which will be more Saturday prime time and ensure better audiences.

Love to hear feedback as we want to get this right.

Mark
Old 12 Apr 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2862395)   #10
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
Thanks Mark.
I'll let the guys at work know aswell, as they have never seen RallyX.

I had a chat with John Binks at Lydden. Great to see David's car out in Best Buy colours. I think it looks smart. I saw your Dad aswell.
Old 14 Apr 2011, 19:56 (Ref:2863429)   #11
USRallycross
Racer

United States
We finished the program last night and while I haven't seen it end to end it looked great.

The Producer told me that ESPN UK is likely to air it in its original format which would be great news for everyone on here!

Mark
Old 15 Apr 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2863559)   #12
not12listen
Rookie

not12listen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my wife and i were at the GRC event. we had a great time watching the 2WD and 4WD cars putting it all out there!

it was also very nice to meet and talk to Marcus Gronholm, Tanner Faust, Michael Jernberg, Lauchlin O'Sullivan and Andreas Erickson. they were all very pleasant people, and Marcus was especially surprised that when we asked for his autograph, we gave him the WRC 2000 and 2002 Yearbooks for him to sign.

i am uncertain if all of the races that took places both days will be televised. my wife and i did take our own footage, and i'll be posting it up on YouTube as time permits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJXLs9PyHBQ

this video is my personal favorite (and the only one i've posted so far).

we really hope that RallyCross becomes a big sport out here in the US. its great to see something other than carb'd V8's only making left hand turns...
Old 17 Apr 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2864956)   #13
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed today while looking for WRC on ESPN its repeated tonight at 4.00am - 6.00am so thats me with the timer set.
Anyone know which round it is please
Looking forward to seeing this
Old 17 Apr 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2864967)   #14
M.Lowe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by not12listen View Post
my wife and i were at the GRC event. we had a great time watching the 2WD and 4WD cars putting it all out there!

it was also very nice to meet and talk to Marcus Gronholm, Tanner Faust, Michael Jernberg, Lauchlin O'Sullivan and Andreas Erickson. they were all very pleasant people, and Marcus was especially surprised that when we asked for his autograph, we gave him the WRC 2000 and 2002 Yearbooks for him to sign.

i am uncertain if all of the races that took places both days will be televised. my wife and i did take our own footage, and i'll be posting it up on YouTube as time permits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJXLs9PyHBQ

this video is my personal favorite (and the only one i've posted so far).

we really hope that RallyCross becomes a big sport out here in the US. its great to see something other than carb'd V8's only making left hand turns...
Enjoyed that footage
Old 17 Apr 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2865328)   #15
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Lowe View Post
Just noticed today while looking for WRC on ESPN its repeated tonight at 4.00am - 6.00am so thats me with the timer set.
Anyone know which round it is please
Looking forward to seeing this
Sorry to say its disappeared off the schedule - typical for espn this week - the advertised singles seater turned out to be rallying, and the drag racing ice hockey. Now the rallycross has turned into MLB, whatever that is!

Still advertised on the guide for the weds afternoon between 2pm and 4pm, 20th april, so fingers crossed that doesnt change
Old 18 Apr 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2865524)   #16
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i forgot to sky+ it last night so glad i didnt miss it.

Hope its on weds then
Old 18 Apr 2011, 15:08 (Ref:2865786)   #17
USRallycross
Racer

United States
MLB = Major League Baseball

Definitely try and catch the show as it got really good reviews over here last night and this morning.

The past weekend at Old Mill Rally Park was even better than at Irwindale and the A Final was absolutely incredible. The course was much more like a rallycross course as we know it (jump aside) and the weather was Lydden Hill in February so the cars actually got dirty!

Then we had great action, some carnage, three wheel races and a car on fire. Shame you guys can't get ESPN3.com over there because it makes great entertainment but glad you will be able to get it on tv. ESPN UK has been chasing for the film so it will definitely air.

Mark
Old 18 Apr 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2865818)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Fairly good highlight video of the Twin Peaks AWD "A" Final on the X-Games You Tube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YVRUMpH2Ak

Hopefully they will post the full "A" Final up there rather then just a highlight clip. And the jump bites more drivers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUEbFGp-tNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tMNDKVoDg

As spectacular as is it is to watch, the worry of completely trashing your car on the jump must be off-putting to the privateer entrants?
Old 18 Apr 2011, 18:18 (Ref:2865930)   #19
MiniMadness
Veteran

Canada
Glen Allen VA/Kent UK
Hi Mark ,

Haven't had a chance to see it yet, I was working all weekend again.
I'll let you know what I think. Btw I can get ESPN3.

I'm getting quite into my American sports although I like to watch them live, baseball and ice hockey anyway, even still get to see good old English soccer.
Old 18 Apr 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2866091)   #20
USRallycross
Racer

United States
The risk of trashing your car on the jump is less than colliding with a tree on a stage rally and that is where all of our privateers are coming from right now.

Andi's crash was horrific but probably avoidable. He already has another 'real' rallycross car planned so didn't put him off.

Mark
Old 18 Apr 2011, 22:58 (Ref:2866144)   #21
M.Lowe
Veteran

Enjoyed it as it was different.
Good commentary from Emille and fair play to Mark Williams for doing the knowledge on the European drivers and cars as it brings interest to the Americans who are following this for the first time
Those Hyundai Veloster's are nice bits of kit.
I hope we can see more this year and the tracks become moree like Rallycross tracks here, but you have to start somewhere and hats off to the Americans for carrying this through
Old 18 Apr 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2866158)   #22
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Good commentary from Emille and fair play to Mark Williams for doing the knowledge on the European drivers and cars as it brings interest to the Americans who are following this for the first time
Those Hyundai Veloster's are nice bits of kit.
I hope we can see more this year and the tracks become moree like Rallycross tracks here, but you have to start somewhere and hats off to the Americans for carrying this through
Has it been show already as it was not in the originally advertised time slot?
Old 19 Apr 2011, 03:05 (Ref:2866210)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I found this a couple times by mistake...once when looking for the streaming for ALMS and the other during what has been become my Sunday ritual; finishing a full day of racing by watching Drag Racing on ESPN2.

Great to see some big names from International Rallying and some of the American sideways/extreme "cult" hero drivers. Was an interesting format but was an intriguing event.

This is something that has the "potential" to catch on in the states. If track promoters/owners can find a way to profit on this, I think all racing fans could get into it. Will be interesting to see how it gets on.

I enjoyed the viewing.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2866218)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I found this a couple times by mistake...once when looking for the streaming for ALMS and the other during what has been become my Sunday ritual; finishing a full day of racing by watching Drag Racing on ESPN2.

Great to see some big names from International Rallying and some of the American sideways/extreme "cult" hero drivers. Was an interesting format but was an intriguing event.

This is something that has the "potential" to catch on in the states. If track promoters/owners can find a way to profit on this, I think all racing fans could get into it. Will be interesting to see how it gets on.

I enjoyed the viewing.
Certainly much better than the boring tripe served up in most other motorsport these days. And judging by the spectator and tv figure drops for those series, I'd reckon people are up for something different like Rallycross.

Something similar has already been successful in the USA(Mickey Thompson Series) so I don't see any reason why Rallycross can't do well.
Old 19 Apr 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2866295)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross
The risk of trashing your car on the jump is less than colliding with a tree on a stage rally and that is where all of our privateers are coming from right now.
Thats a fair point. I wondered what the privateers thought about it, as it seems that any mistake on the jump are always very costly! As you say though, no more expensive than hitting a tree.

I read elsewhere on the internet that Mancin had no boost when he went for the jump, is that true?

Quote:
I managed to pick up a recording of the live stream of day 2 yesterday and the commentary seems a lot better than the first round.

Only watched a couple of races last night, but the circuit layout is (in my opinion) far more interesting then the first round, plus the off road sections are "proper" this time as well.