Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

View Poll Results: Who will ride the Camel next year?
Max Biaggi 5 38.46%
Carlos "Charlie Chucker" Checa 6 46.15%
Other 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Nov 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1456852)   #1
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poll: Pons Honda? Checa? or Biaggi?

Seems that Checa is in the pound seat but surely Max is 1000x better.

I hope Max.

p.s. Maybe someone can make this a poll?
Old 10 Nov 2005, 05:00 (Ref:1456932)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Carlos tested for Pons at Valencia, i'd tip him to be "the man".
Old 10 Nov 2005, 06:03 (Ref:1456948)   #3
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If ability means anything, Biaggi.

p.s. thanks for making this a pole Hazza
Old 10 Nov 2005, 08:16 (Ref:1456987)   #4
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope it is going to be Max, not just because I believe he is the more talented rider, but because there is always something going on with Max which makes it the more entertaining to watch.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1457013)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I'm thinking Biaggi too. Checa is a good rider but Biaggi is that bit better IMO, despite having a relativly poor season by his standards.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1457021)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Slightly biased poll options don't you think?

Biaggi did fairly well on the Camel Honda in 2004, and did have some good runs for Repsol this year, but you have to wonder how Honda would react to the team if they did hire Max. Certainly you couldn't picture himg etting as much support from HRC as he did in 2004.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1457046)   #7
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
As Carlos tested for Pons at Valencia, i'd tip him to be "the man".
Even though he binned it?
Old 10 Nov 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1457101)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Slightly biased poll options don't you think?
I woulda given Biaggi a nickname, but this is a family forum and all...
Old 10 Nov 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1457255)   #9
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Max's situation is bad. Carlos Checa is telling everyone he has a contract, HRC is not yet telling everyone that they have signed Stoner... Sito Pons is telling everyone that he will be testing Stoner/Checa pair for next months. Where's Max's place then

I do not think he will want to ride on d'Antin's Ducati, for principals - he would rather terminate his MGP career than run underrated, underfinanced, underperformed team. Japan Italy Racing, wow! Who knows, yet they have a rider, but who knows, maybe if Max would find the backing in Italy, than, maybe, the Monaco based team would run a bike or two for him. But will Honda give them two 2005 spec bikes just for Max
Another option, Yamaha Factory Racing. Let's say, Vale is running in one man team, he doesn't want it, but he may be forced to do it. Than CEII would run the factory backed bikes under different sponsorship, who would parner Colin Maybe Max, but with much less payment from yamaha, and maybe 2005 spec bikes... The fact is that both Colin and Vale will have 2006 machinery, all other Yamaha clients will not run on 2006 machinery.

Brivio said few months ago, that he wants four, five bikes next year. Tech 3 is almost dead, don't think Xaus will run a mile more than he was in 2005... and I don't think Max would want to run in Tech 3 team, after what we saw this year.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1457299)   #10
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Checa is signed, I can see Max taking a sabbatical at the very least. He wouldn't want to ride for a non-works team, there's no space at Ducati, he'd never allow himself into direct competition with Valé, and Kawasaki isn't an option
Old 10 Nov 2005, 19:33 (Ref:1457473)   #11
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope it isn't the end for Biaggi. He's been my favourite rider since I first became interested in motogp, back when he was in 250's. If he does have a year out, I can't see him getting back in....which would be a great shame. Nice work by Honda to steal a march on Yamaha by getting hold of Stoner now, while he was been linked with Yamaha. Good coup, but you have to wonder if they can find Stoner a seat, why not Vermulen? They've been grooming him for a couple of years then let him go!?! Insane. Elias has been looking impressive in testing, just 1.2 seconds off Hayden on his first outing. Fortuna could have a great shot to push Rossi and Repsol next year with melandri's form.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 08:05 (Ref:1457874)   #12
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was reading MCN at work earlier and they had a story about Max. Apprently Max p*ssed of the japanise Honda board with his constant moaning and poor result in Turkey. The board are fed up because he has been whinging since pre-season, even refusing to do a pre-season test because he felt they'd made no progress with the bike. HRC don't want him on a Honda next year so unless Camel can put their weight behind him, that'll be it for Max. Everyone else is pretty much confirmed, the only other option open is Yamaha.....with Rossi there thats even less likely than him getting back on a Repsol bike any time soon!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1457885)   #13
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Rossi and Edwards are confirmed in Yamaha Factory Racing, but Rossi may run in one team and Edwards + in other... it's still factory bikes.

Biaggi may choose to run in tech 3, for a less money, and he must find sponsors, which would not be a problem for him... He is still a star with name.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1458012)   #14
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Checa. Personally Biaggi has *****ed and moaned far too much this season and has done stuff all. Hayden has done far better this season than he did and the future - Pedrosa, Stoner - are already on the grid.

Checa at Pons for '06 as a swansong.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1458145)   #15
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Just a thought, but what if Camel decide they want to ride with Max, would they be able to get Pons to switch bikes, from Honda to Yamaha? That way Yamaha still get Stoner as well!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1458391)   #16
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Yet we do not know if Camel will sign with Pons. There are no adverts at Pons' Hondas.

I assume Pramac and Camel may go with Max, and it is his only chance, the backing that he has... I wonder, maybe if Poncharal sign Rolfo and Biaggi, plus he will have good backing from camel and Pramac, maybe he will get 2006 spec Yamahas and sign a deal with Michelin, or at least Bridgestone
Old 11 Nov 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1458481)   #17
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just a thought, but what if Camel decide they want to ride with Max, would they be able to get Pons to switch bikes, from Honda to Yamaha? That way Yamaha still get Stoner as well!
Apparently Casey's contract is with HRC not Pons, so if Pons did move to Yamaha Casey would not be included in the move.