Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2006 Moto GP Riders Championship??
VALENTINO ROSSI 16 72.73%
MARCO MELANDRI 3 13.64%
SETE GIBERNAU 0 0%
COLIN EDWARDS 0 0%
NICKY HAYDEN 2 9.09%
MAX BIAGGI 0 0%
DANI PEDROSA 0 0%
LORIS CAPIROSSI 0 0%
ALEX BARROS 0 0%
OTHER (PLEASE SPECIFY) 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Dec 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1485740)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who do you think will win the 2006 Moto GP Riders Championship??

This year Rossi was clearly the dominant force in Moto GP for most of the year but towards the end of the season we started to see challenges from people like Marco Melandri and Nicky Hayden whilst people like Sete Gibernau and Max Biaggi struggled to find form. With Gibernau now at Ducati and seemingly much happier could he be back to the kind of form we saw from him in 2004? Ducati showed this year what they can do when at the right kinds of track to suit the tyres, or maybe Dani Pedrosa may challenge Rossi next year? A bit soon I admit, but its a possibilty. Personally I would put my money on Melandri.

Please note, the poll options have a limit of 10 so I have therefore listed the riders I feel most likely to win the championship in 2006.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1485748)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One thread about the subject would've sufficed, y'know.

On subject, it's difficult to look beyond Rossi as an absolute title challenger.
So I vote Rossi, with Dani a close second.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1485771)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure Pedrosa can adjust to 1000cc bikes all that quickly, especially as he's quite a small guy. Unless he is immediately faster than Hayden, Nicky will probably get the bulk of the team's support, at least until the title is out of reach. Melandri might be the clsoest challenger to Rossi, unless the Ducati is really impressive - if it is, Loris might outperform Seté, at least at first. Realistically I think 2007 is a bigger chance for Rosasi to be beaten, if he's still on 2 wheels by then.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 20:50 (Ref:1485874)   #4
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Rossi. He won't walk it again like this year but he'll win it. Between Melandri, Hayden and Pedrosa for next 3 slots. Edwards will mix it with the Ducati pairing for 5th.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1485876)   #5
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi.

He may not win as many races as this year, but he will win most races I think. As he's also so consistent, he will take the title again.

More interesting fight is about Rookie of the year award between Stoner and Pedrosa.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1485898)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Rossi, he is the king really - but hopefully, he'll be ran closer this next season.

PAUL
Old 18 Dec 2005, 00:33 (Ref:1485921)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I voted for Marco, simply coz i want to see someone get in there and have the confidnece to beat Vale. Coz I thnk thats a huge thing. Sete, Marco, Loris and maybe even Nicky have got the speed to beat him, he is not superhuman after all.
As Micky D said, "what Vale has is what I had and that is consistency, banging in the podiums eveyr weekend, thats what wins you championships."
I think Marco's attitude of just trying his hardest to forget about where Vale is and what he is doing really worked in Turkey and Spain, he just got his head down and rode away more or less (from Rossi). I think if he can take that form into the new year then he will push Rossi.
Sete and Loris deoends solely on tyres in my book. Was the Duke a brilliant bike hampered by Bridgeys? Who knows, Or were the tyres miles quicker in Motegi and Sepang, i doubt it, cowz where were Shinya and Hopkins. I think the tyres are the key!
Nickey is soooo close to being there but he needs to start the season better and bang in a load of top fours first few races, he has the speed and i really like the bloke, but his loose style just upsets the bike!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1486009)   #8
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

To be fair to Rossi, in Valencia anyway, he had to come from the back of the field. But no discredit to Melandri, he did an excellent job in the last few rounds and if he can get off to a good start, he will push Rossi hard, but Rossi has something special that can take him away from anyone.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1489964)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rossi.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1490031)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
always hard to go past rossi - but i will go for nicky hayden....

looking forward to seeing how gibernau goes against capirossi too!