Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Dec 2005, 04:58 (Ref:1489884)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We Wish You A Merry Christmas! (Gauloise & Yamaha split)

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Dec/051223a.htm
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Dec/051223b.htm

Camel out. Galouise Out. Telefonica Out.

Who's next?
Old 25 Dec 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1489910)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Telefonica were out last year anyway but were back in the form of Movistar. Camel was probably looking for a way out anyway due to the tobbaco advertising laws coming into play here in Europe and Galouise is out because Rossi doesent want to be connected with tobbaco companies anymore.

Im sure everyone concerned has new sponsors lined up, if they didnt as much as people like Rossi hates tobbaco sponsorship they woudnt allow him to cover up the branding on his race suit like he has done. See this related article.
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view...d=6&nid=123513

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 25 Dec 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1489933)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Telefonica are getting on the Alonso bandwagon and you cant blame them to be honest, F1 is a new market in Spain and bike racing is a set audience. Plus Pedrosa and Honda pulled the rug from under tham by signing for Repsol which still amazes me to be honest after all it was Telefonica monsy that funded and set up his early career!
Camel would still be there if Max hadnt talked himself out of a ride aswell, still theink they are very shortsighted to link up with a rider so closely, after all its not the rider that seels the fags surely! And they won a race this year without him receiving far more coverage. I had no idea Max was personally sponsored by Camel and I know my stuff, that shows how low key their deal with him was!
Regarding Altadis and their situation, it has been known for a long time that Vale and fair play to him hates fags and sposorship form them, it must have been non negotiable when he moved as surely he wouldnt have done otherwise.
Also there are the Barros ramifications to consider. He still i think owes them a large sum of money whilst being a flop on the Yam, albeit very injured!
They are still involved through Fortuna, but Gauloises are obviously a little bitter about the release from Yamaha being made before they had concluded the deal! Which you can understand.
My fear with all this is that yes we dont want fag companies anywhere ideally, but who else can put that much cash in, historically it has usually bee the fag companies. Its up to Dorna to try and get the T Mobiles, Vodafones and IT companies invovled, or maybe beer!
Old 25 Dec 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1489936)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its not a matter how they're going. What i'm saying is they are going, and it's a lot of money!

One thing I have to say: Har Har, Alonso to Vodaphone McLaren.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1489963)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, kind of shoots the Telefonica thing to pieces really.
Old 26 Dec 2005, 01:20 (Ref:1490070)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well Im sure yamaha have another sponsor.

heck if Rossi cant attract a big name big paying sponsor in this day and age then the whole sport is doomed really isnt it ?

maybe the chicken farmer will make a return ?