Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:02 (Ref:1464952)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tragedy at Macau

I personally have never heard of this rider before today, but today in the Macau Warm up for the Motorcycle Grand Prix Bruno Bonhuil fell heavily from his bike and later died in hospital from his injuries despite receiving immiedate medical attention at the track. May he rest in peace. Full story can be found here.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1464970)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP
sorry IoM fans .. but Motocycle racing on city streets is just over the limit in term of safety

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Nov 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1464992)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No-one forces them to take part, and they know the risks.

Why should we stop them.

RIP Bruno
Old 19 Nov 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1464994)   #4
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
have to agree with you there, and as for the IoM, everytime I've watched it on the tube with sweaty hands, I wonder why its still around. Now, I'm not overly Nanny about risks in life, and ultimately figure that the people doing the IoM have the right to choose to do it, but I really can't fathom taking the risks. One little mistake, one little wet spot a bit more wet than you expect, and well, we all know what the various scenery consequences are.....

same general views on a street course.

all this said with a RIP for the poor fellow and his family.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1465039)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
RIP Bruno. Clearly racing on streets is dangerous, and there's little that can be done to make it safer for bikes, which is surely a part of why races like the Isle of Man TT are not championship rounds anymore, and entry is thoroughtly voluntary.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1465060)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A damn shame. As K-B says, however, they all know the risks and accept them in order to experience the challenge of racing at tracks like Macau and the Isle of Man.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1465065)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its absolutely dreadful that yet another rider has to die in such a needless way. I knew some of the people who died road racing bikes over the years and feel very strongly that the IOM, the NW200, Skerries and all the others be banned. Anyone who condones this insanely barbaric form of death dodging seriously needs to take another look at their conscience. Its not good enough to say that its a voluntary choice and therefore people should be allowed to do it. Can you imagine the situation if all the safety features we have today in motor-racing were made voluntary and drivers/riders began dying because they chose not to use them. It would be an outrage.

I'm sorry but motorcycle road racing is horrifyingly dangerous and should be banned RIGHT NOW ! We do not need any more deaths.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1465109)   #8
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought we lived in a (relitively) free country. The IOM TT race is a classic. I think you will find that most of the riders take part because of the thrill and the danger, that is the BUZZ factor.
Motorcycle racing is one of the most dangerous forms of motor sport, should it be banned altogether. I think not.

More people are killed fishing than in motor sport maybe that should be banned.

By its nature "MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS" thats what gives it its attraction.

To Bruno and his family i express my deepest condolences. But remember this man died doing what he loved.

Last edited by Hazza; 20 Nov 2005 at 07:26.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1465176)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so why aren't drugs legal ??

I understand motorsport is dangerous .. and i like IoM&Macau .. it's just .. i don't know . too much .. and i would be sad if those would disappear ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Nov 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1465177)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest in peace BB
Old 19 Nov 2005, 22:10 (Ref:1465179)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree Cybersdorf, when I opened the thread I opened it because a great tragedy has occured. Not because I thought it would turn into a discussion about whether or not street races should be banned.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1465182)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My mistake, and definitely an embarrassing one - I somehow thought this was the tribute forum where such a discussion wouldn't have been appropriate. Edited my initial post, my bad, sorry for the mishap.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 00:35 (Ref:1465275)   #13
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tribute to Bruno Bonhuil

I am sad for the pilot from Reims and his family.
Bruno Bonhuil
Old 20 Nov 2005, 01:49 (Ref:1465307)   #14
DEMENTOR
Rookie

United Kingdom
22 Acacia Avenue, Kent
DEMENTOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was shocked to hear a fatal accident had occured earlier today.
Respects go out to his family.
I'm not sure if racing on the street circuits for bikes should be banned or not, because they all know the danger of the risks, and that anything could happen.
But also if bikes are increasing their speed as time goes by, im predicting anyway, then there maybe a line to draw to.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1465322)   #15
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Tributes on http://www.racecorporation.co.uk (front page) and BB's own site http://www.bike70.com/BB.htm
Old 20 Nov 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1465381)   #16
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So sad. He was a former Bol Dor winner and the World Endurance Champion of 92. R.I.P
Old 20 Nov 2005, 06:54 (Ref:1465386)   #17
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
Tributes on http://www.racecorporation.co.uk (front page) and BB's own site http://www.bike70.com/BB.htm
The race corporation site has a nice tribute on him. He was a true racer.

"I prefer to live intensively for my passion, rather than to die in front of a small fire in my armchair..." This was a quote that was taken from the race corporation piece. That quote says it all right there.......
Old 20 Nov 2005, 11:56 (Ref:1465524)   #18
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
so why aren't drugs legal ??

I understand motorsport is dangerous .. and i like IoM&Macau .. it's just .. i don't know . too much .. and i would be sad if those would disappear ..
They are or don't you drink or smoke?

Regards

Jim
Old 21 Nov 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1466533)   #19
Clive McNeil
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Clive McNeil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Bruno was a wonderful person...he wasn't the fastest rider on the track but he was one of the most utterly reliable and was always chosen as an "anchor" for a team. He was the kingpin on which many teams would rely.
Michel Marqueton's Zongshen Team had the organization and the budget...but Bruno was the glue that held the team together and I feel that without him, the internal troubles that the team had would have prevented them from winning the 2002 World Championship.
For the past two years, Bruno has been training the young Chinese team that have been trying to qualify for the 250 GP races. To be honest, he might not have had the best talent to work with but he would never give up and never be disheartened by poor results from his trainees, always being supportive and upbeat, always being there.

Bruno has put in so much hard work since he started racing 23 years ago. I remember him from the early World Superbike era, fighting with Mertens, Pirovano, Bontempi, Roche and many of the hard men of the sport.

He also participated in the 500 Grand Prix on a ROC Yamaha but I remember most his win with partner Igor Jerman at the 2003 Assen 200 Miles, beating the Phase One Team of Jason Pridmore and James Ellison by just 1.8 seconds.

As to all the talk about banning road racing...I've lost a lot of friends over the years but still agree with Bruno.
Stop trying to stop us doing what we love. I have also raced at Macau and knew precisely what I was doing and exactly what the risks were...why do you think I did it?

When I finished the race, I can honestly say that I've never before or since felt more alive. I would JUMP at the chance to do it again, even at my age (52).

Yes, I've lost a lot of friends...
Steve Hislop in a helicopter accident.
"Ronnie" Smith on a scooter going to the shops for some chips.
Gas Scott when a track marshall stepped out in front of him.
Lee Pullan when a track marshall stepped out in front of him.
They were all personal friends.

Let's also remember that losing his GP ride contributed to Jaroslav Hules taking his own life. It means that much to us.

We all get two certificates when we're born, one signed, one unsigned. It was Bruno's intention to fill the gap between his two certificates with a rich and full life. I celebrate that and will always remember him. He created a lot of love.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 15:53 (Ref:1466588)   #20
wanarace
Rookie

wanarace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Bruno.

These Guys are all adults and know the risks they are taking. As already said Motorsport is Dangerous!
Old 21 Nov 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1466602)   #21
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
thanks Clive for sharing your thoughts with us . and welcome

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Nov 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1466894)   #22
jim69
Racer

jim69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clive,

Very well said.
I got in trouble for trying to make the point you have so wonderfully put.
This is a sad loss, and hope it will not cause the knee jerk reaction that some people have mentioned in this thread.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1466968)   #23
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.I.P. bruno

my opinion has changed on this argument over the last while especially with the recent passing of richard britton that while they are all getting on their bikes voluntarily it may be just insanely dangerous to the point that it has to be banned
Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1466983)   #24
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RIP Bruno.

So sad to have another rider killed road racing.

Hopefully the line will be drawn soon.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1467122)   #25
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Clive, thanks for such a moving tribute to Bruno here and on the racecorporation site. He was a great man who enjoyed life to the full and will be very sadly missed. My very deepest sympathies and thoughts are with his family and friends.