Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1562735)   #51
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Short term fix, with only 4 events you can't hang on forever.

Monza has hardly been a success.

Now if we could have a race in Holland or Spain/Portugal that would be great.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1562737)   #52
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From a historical POV this is a loss, but looking at the last two years' attendance, who cares? The locals don't deserve such a great event anyway. Put it somewhere that the fans will care, and come.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 27 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1562760)   #53
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I have a feeling Monza will hold on, if Ferrari has anything to say about it.

Was there any real promotion of the Italian LMS race?

So, is that it, or could the Italian round perhaps be moved to Enna, Misano, or Mugello?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 06:25 (Ref:1563034)   #54
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think they should move it to Zandvoort - there is a lot of support for sportscars in Holland so it may just draw a better crowd.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 06:58 (Ref:1563054)   #55
hgb
Racer

hgb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please sign the petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/m0nz4/petition.html
Old 28 Mar 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1563317)   #56
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
I think they should move it to Zandvoort - there is a lot of support for sportscars in Holland so it may just draw a better crowd.
That would be a very good choice, but just checking out their website it appears as though some race calender adjustment would be neccesary on the circuits behalf. Also how many Pit Garages does the circuit have, could they accomodate 40+ cars in the pits?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1563358)   #57
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think there are noise issues at Zandvoort as well, and they can only host a few events each year...

But they would be on my list....

I'd add the following as well:

Brno
Barcelona
Valencia (maybe)
Assen

FWIW

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1563400)   #58
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brno and Assen sound good.

Personally I'd stay away from F1 circuits.

This may also be the last year for Istanbul, nobody seems to like the circuit, plus it's in the middle of nowhere.

Suggestion on DSC is a link up with the ALMS for PLM and Laguna, with split LMP/GT fields on alternative days.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1563427)   #59
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
I think there are noise issues at Zandvoort as well, and they can only host a few events each year...

But they would be on my list....

I'd add the following as well:

Brno
Barcelona
Valencia (maybe)
Assen

FWIW
Brno and Barcelona: both good circuits and very different in nature. Without a fly-away race (Dubai, Bahrain etc), these would be my favourites.

Valencia and Assen are too tight IMO--more motorbike than big wide cars.

six hours of Laguna Seca (complete with travel budgets for the teams) would be my wish--into the night.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1563428)   #60
ROB81
Rookie

Italy
ROB81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame, the only Race I plan to go to see is going to be cancelled (and GP Master too). Something is moving but, doubling the shame, maFIA races are saved.
Obviously there are "other intere$t$" in closing FOR EVER Monza, rumors says... building houses... i dont know if it's better for the "green minded" to have a motor race here and there or a block of ****ty perifercal city houses....

Last edited by paul-collins; 28 Mar 2006 at 16:26.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1563430)   #61
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Brno and Barcelona: both good circuits and very different in nature. Without a fly-away race (Dubai, Bahrain etc), these would be my favourites.

six hours of Laguna Seca (complete with travel budgets for the teams) would be my wish--into the night.

Assen underwent major renovations so that it would be more suitable to race cars....massive renovations over the past few years...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1563455)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which ever circuit can draw a crowd would be nice.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1563456)   #63
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
They could have a race at the old Norisring ? That could hold the required amount of cars i think , but it may be a bit on the narrow side ?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1563488)   #64
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB81
It's a shame, the only Race I plan to go to see is going to be cancelled (and GP Master too). Something is moving but, doubling the shame, maFIA races are saved.
LoL, "maFIA" - Nice one, very true.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1563492)   #65
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Assen underwent major renovations so that it would be more suitable to race cars....massive renovations over the past few years...
I would love Assen too. Only one hour to go. And there is nothing comparable in the north of the netherlands/germany.
Maybe the weekend together with the "Open Drents Kampioenschap Klootschieten" event ?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1563515)   #66
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
David L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
**** greenpeace!!!, {snip} besides there arent any residential area's near monza anyway {snip} a diesel racing car because its nice and quiet, {snip} the green party stop thinking about mother earth as they call it and think about other people's feeling's
Just about nothing in your post is relevant to the facts..

a) it's nothing to do with greenpeace.. b) No housing..? You've obviously never been there.. c) it's not diesel because it's quiet.. d) I suspect that the green party thinking about Mother Earth is them thinking about others.. the future genrations for a start..

*plonk* (sound of user hitting killfile)
Old 28 Mar 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1563521)   #67
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
not just that all football is is full of chav's and lout's that are deep down rude, iggnorant and violent people and the fans are just as bad!, football fans are horrible people (most of them are anyway) they shout abuse at one another, start fighting with each other over nothing and it results in the police being called in to control the situation and people are killed and injured often because the fans cant control their feelings {snip} nothing is said about 300,000 violent and vicious louts ina football stadium screaming at one another

thank you and good night
You sound well read on football.. News of the World perhaps..?

300,000..? Which Stadium have you been in then..?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1563525)   #68
David L
Racer

United Kingdom
Lancashire, UK
Clearly an emotional topic..

One thing that does not seem to have been mentioned is the fact that that the track lies within the boundaries of a National Park (or similar).. I dare say that it would be somewhat difficult to hold racing in, say, the Peak District..
Old 28 Mar 2006, 18:41 (Ref:1563544)   #69
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David L
Clearly an emotional topic..

One thing that does not seem to have been mentioned is the fact that that the track lies within the boundaries of a National Park (or similar).. I dare say that it would be somewhat difficult to hold racing in, say, the Peak District..
Let us hope is does not get closed down permanently. There are quite a lot of books about the Brooklands motor circuit....Perhaps a foretaste of things to come???

I would normally get upset by the 'oppression of the minority by the majority' but here it may, in fact, be the opposite--but the majority doesn't live around the circuit and, more importantly, they didn't turn up to watch the race last time round (and increase revenues in the local community). Keep in mind, Le Mans is the race.

Despite my preferences for the two B's: Brno and Barca, the race should be at a circuit where there loads of fans and an 'understanding' environmental health officer.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 18:46 (Ref:1563548)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interestingly work was stopped a few days after they started building Monza in the first place for environmental concerns.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1563551)   #71
canam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Interestingly work was stopped a few days after they started building Monza in the first place for environmental concerns.
Excuse my ignorance, but please don't leave me in the dark. This sounds like a good story.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1563715)   #72
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
According to DailySportsCar it appears Estoril is in the running as a replacement venue in addition to Brno.

As regards the cancelling of the race well the quote from the LMS says that "A Tribunal Order has ordered the circuit to skim its calendar, starting with the noisiest competitions. Obviously the 1000Km for Prototypes and GTs was at the top of their list!"

Well excuse me!, but F1 is clearly the loudest Motorsport on the Monza 2006 calender, coming in at an ear splitting 130Db! But I suppose just because F1 gets more "bums on seats" and TV coverage then it gets the nod ahead of LMS.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1563729)   #73
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
Ever been to Assen? It's wider than Spa (IIRC) and they host autoraces for a while.

I've watched German Touringcars, Dutch Supercar Challenge (including Vipers and Moslers), Italian F3000 there and they all did well.
They even had a Truck Grand Prix in 2005
Old 28 Mar 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1563746)   #74
ROB81
Rookie

Italy
ROB81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something is moving, politics are trying a project of law to approve a previous law about "limitation of sound emissions" (this is italy......).
Main aim is to save F1 event and if possible to allow 37 days a year of motorsport events (including testing).
Link: http://www.regione.lombardia.it/wps/...=off&PRLso=off
Old 28 Mar 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1563774)   #75
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
According to DailySportsCar it appears Estoril is in the running as a replacement venue in addition to Brno.

As regards the cancelling of the race well the quote from the LMS says that "A Tribunal Order has ordered the circuit to skim its calendar, starting with the noisiest competitions. Obviously the 1000Km for Prototypes and GTs was at the top of their list!"

Well excuse me!, but F1 is clearly the loudest Motorsport on the Monza 2006 calender, coming in at an ear splitting 130Db! But I suppose just because F1 gets more "bums on seats" and TV coverage then it gets the nod ahead of LMS.
True but Monza's hardly a loss.

They are F1 obsessed, just like Silverstone.

Better to race at quality circuits were the LMS is one of, if not THE headline race in the calender.