Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Feb 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3508960)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Should be a great weekend
Hope that means you've ordered a repeat of last year's weather, John?

Old 26 Feb 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3509106)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I will not be there,

In the good old days Race of Champions used to be about same weekend and weather usually ok but one year snow on the ground.About 65 ,the year of the Gurney / Cark duel with Clark crashing. All that from memory so may be wrong.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 06:50 (Ref:3509135)   #53
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I bought a ticket for Sunday. Have you guys in UK received your tickets yet? And how strict they are about the dress code stated on the Goodwood website? Just asking, it's not a problem to me, I wouldn't wear my Motörhead t-shirt anyway.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 07:46 (Ref:3509150)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I will not be there,

In the good old days Race of Champions used to be about same weekend and weather usually ok but one year snow on the ground.About 65 ,the year of the Gurney / Cark duel with Clark crashing. All that from memory so may be wrong.
That's a meeting that should be brought back . I first marshalled at race of champions in 1970 . Happy days
Old 26 Feb 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3509165)   #55
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
I bought a ticket for Sunday. Have you guys in UK received your tickets yet? And how strict they are about the dress code stated on the Goodwood website? Just asking, it's not a problem to me, I wouldn't wear my Motörhead t-shirt anyway.

There aren't any ticket as such - entry to the event is by a metal tag with a bar code thingy on the back. Mine turned up at the weekend.

The dress code is not obligatory, but you are encouraged to be smart and in keeping with the Members Meetings of the past. If you don't you may feel conspicuous.....

The recommendation from the GRRC is to make sure you have something waterproof, and Wellington Boots are eminently acceptable. Let's hope they are not needed - last year the weather was lovely.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 08:55 (Ref:3509171)   #56
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The recommendation from the GRRC is to make sure you have something waterproof, and Wellington Boots are eminently acceptable. Let's hope they are not needed - last year the weather was lovely.
Alright, I'll keep this in my mind. I've visited twice at the FOS but on both occasions it wasn't rainy though in 2012 camping grounds were a bit muddy.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 06:23 (Ref:3509529)   #57
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
R D P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Impressive entry list although what that 4.5 litre Blower Bentley Rep in the Pre War race is odd unless someone is looking for a cheap bed in La Chartre sur la Loire.

Should be a great weekend
Is the entry list online somewhere ? Could not find anything yet.

Ralf
Old 27 Feb 2015, 06:39 (Ref:3509537)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R D P View Post
Is the entry list online somewhere ? Could not find anything yet.

Ralf
No, can't see on line, and not received either. Maybe JR has inside info of the Pre War race entries.

BTW, I see on website that our Peter M's co-driver is a 'Former Formula One Ace'......
Old 27 Feb 2015, 06:50 (Ref:3509541)   #59
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
OK - thank you, Mike.
Will wait and see - I also just hope for good weather. Having to bring Wellies with me on Ryanair would compromise my other luggage ! :-)

Ralf
Old 27 Feb 2015, 07:27 (Ref:3509545)   #60
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
they were emailed a few days ago to competitors - I dont know how to post images but Mr Mallett and other regular posters and fellow pilotes shoudl be able to help
Old 27 Feb 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3509551)   #61
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Simon - thank you.
It is not that urgent, I am just curious what/who will be there besides the already publicised entries.

Ralf
Old 27 Feb 2015, 08:20 (Ref:3509554)   #62
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Simon says, the entry list arrived by email during the week.

Hopefully - this will work

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 73MM Entry List.pdf (72.0 KB, 122 views)
Old 27 Feb 2015, 08:25 (Ref:3509560)   #63
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Brian - great, it does work !
Thank you for that.

Ralf
Old 27 Feb 2015, 08:56 (Ref:3509567)   #64
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank Brian, looks to be a good entry again.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3509691)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
they were emailed a few days ago to competitors
Not all they weren't! Grrrrr.........
Old 27 Feb 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3509715)   #66
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R D P View Post
OK - thank you, Mike.
Will wait and see - I also just hope for good weather. Having to bring Wellies with me on Ryanair would compromise my other luggage ! :-)

Ralf
Wear your wellies and stick your ordinary shoes in your coat pocket. I presume you're sending your race gear ahead by carrier as it's cheaper than Ryanair's excess baggage?
Old 27 Feb 2015, 17:39 (Ref:3509731)   #67
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
No race gear - I am just a tourist !
But might be interesting to see other peoples' reaction if Daniela and myself will walk through Nuremberg Airport
Old 27 Feb 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3509749)   #68
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
Will there be a stagecoach service from Chichester station as there is during the FOS and Revival or do I need to rent a car?

****Left hand shifting****
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:35 (Ref:3509941)   #69
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can anyone tell me about traffic arrangements volumes etc, please?

Is it anything like Revival proportions with massive queues?

What would be a good time to arrive to avoid waiting?

I have a congenital dislike of siting in traffic, and will go to any lengths to avoid it.

In anticipation of a plethora of information,

Many thanks,

Bauble.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:40 (Ref:3509944)   #70
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Last year there has been no waiting in traffic at all ( we drove there every day at about 9-9.30).
No queuing at all except at food vendors during lunchtime and on Saturday evening at the party.
My experience - the nicer (=uncrowded) Revival.

Ralf
Old 28 Feb 2015, 08:57 (Ref:3509950)   #71
Remus
Racer

Remus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
As Simon says, the entry list arrived by email during the week.

Hopefully - this will work

Whenever I try and open this, I get the login page and explaniation that I am logged out...? Do i need some kind of extra permission to download?
Cheers
Old 28 Feb 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3509965)   #72
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ref traffic query - agree with Ralf's comment, got there between 8&9 both mornings driving from near Chichester very light traffic, brief traffic control stop at car park entry and no delays getting out at end of the day.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3509967)   #73
R D P
Racer

Germany
Schwabach - Germany
Have to add - we left the car park Saturday evening before the fireworks and watched those outside the track.
Equally spectacular and again easy exit from the car park.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3509972)   #74
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks chaps, driving down form Bucks so good to know what to expect.

Now - any ideas about the weather?

Oh! While the Goodwood site gives a lot of information I can't find any times for the different races, am I missing something?

Ta,

Bauble.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3510027)   #75
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
am I missing something? Ta, Bauble.

Sorry Bob, couldn't resist.....

Timetable seems only to be in final instructions booklet, and in very small print. Too small for someone of your or my age to decipher without making a visit to SpecSavers! If no-one beats me to it I'll try and scan it into a post later.