Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give this year's Canadian Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 0 0%
6 2 4.76%
5 2 4.76%
4 8 19.05%
3 13 30.95%
2 11 26.19%
1 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2018, 06:56 (Ref:3828020)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Canadian Grand Prix 2018

What score do you give this year's Canadian Grand Prix?
Old 10 Jun 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3828033)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3828169)   #3
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I gave it a 3. Boring — I nearly fell asleep watching the race.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3828170)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even Montreal produces a dull 'race' with the 2018 cars and tyres, surely a new low.

Old 10 Jun 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3828172)   #5
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a crap race.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3828181)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I woke up between laps 30-35, I'm pretty sure I saw an attempted pass, so I'm going to have to give this one a 9.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3828189)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2, it was dull.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 03:29 (Ref:3828249)   #8
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a chance to go to the race this weekend. I am glad I didn’t. 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 Jun 2018, 03:58 (Ref:3828253)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Circuit / atmosphere / Oh Canada = Awesome
Race =

2.5 for me so rounded up - 3
Old 11 Jun 2018, 04:28 (Ref:3828259)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There isn't a zero option.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 05:08 (Ref:3828265)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting start but then fizzled out. It started at 4:10am where I was and after the first pitstops I decided to go to bed and catch up on sleep.

So I'd give it about a 4 for an interesting start plus being at Canada (which is one of my favourite tracks)
Old 11 Jun 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3828278)   #12
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I gave it a generous 5. Not one of F1's greatest days.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 07:08 (Ref:3828279)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't see it from where I am in Le Mans but from the above comments and the race report I read, I'm rather glad I didn't.....
Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3828307)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm afraid it was dire. I'm sure I've seen similar races in previous decades so I wouldn't say it was due to the technology/aero stuff but frankly nothing happened until Bottas ran wide when passing a back marker. That was the sum total of interest.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3828323)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
3, hardly anything happened. No wonder the chequered flag came out early. Needed rain
Old 11 Jun 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3828423)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Circuit / atmosphere / Oh Canada = Awesome
Race =

2.5 for me so rounded up - 3
back on the same page, 3 sounds right to me as well!

tough weekend all around for Canada and Canadians!
Old 11 Jun 2018, 22:29 (Ref:3828524)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it a 6, but then I don't seem to agree with the 10/10 consensus. It was pretty tedious. I even found myself hoping for a safety car .
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3828874)   #18
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Winner of the race, and driver of the day has something to say to all the people complaining that the race was boring.

Sebastian Vettel: “I don’t know why people today are so short-sighted.

“We had seven races this year, I think some were phenomenal, some were boring – but next week the World Cup is starting and I promise you that a lot of the games will not be exciting – but still people will watch it – but some games will be incredible. That’s what we always look forward to – but it can’t just always continue to go up and get better.

"So, I don’t know, there’s no reason, don’t even look for an answer, don’t write anything. Write about something else.”

Old 14 Jun 2018, 09:14 (Ref:3829230)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But F1 must make it easier for cars to follow, as it is just not working the way it is at the moment
Old 14 Jun 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3829258)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Winner of the race, and driver of the day has something to say to all the people complaining that the race was boring.

[SNIP]

He's talking out his ass.