Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Aug 2001, 19:50 (Ref:126267)   #151
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
all my car pictures are of dan eaves or paul o'neill..... oh! there's one of hyla...

now it's time for bed. been up for faaaaaar too long now....
Old 5 Aug 2001, 20:16 (Ref:126278)   #152
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent weekend both on and off the track! Great racing (best one yet me thinks) and great party in the evening followed in the morning by finding Chris Y's keys to the mini where all others failed!

Thank you to people for being so patient with my "difficult weekend" (I think Bella put it oh so gracefully! ). I'll apologise now if I bit anyone's head off!

Many thanks to B&Q team for hospitality. Must have more night races....

Saw friend after I left you lot and stayed as long as I could string sentences together. Lynda packed me off on my way with a Red Bull in my hand in the end

Found mum really poorly when I got home so have been running around. I am really ready to sleep now!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 20:35 (Ref:126280)   #153
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic weekend!!!!!!!!!

Me and Minardi Fan arrived home safely ........ the look on his mums face when he got the bumper out the car was funny as you can all imagine I fell about laughing again.

Thanks to everyone for making it another weekend to remember .... and to Mr B&Q for his wonderful hospitality!

Roll on the photo evidence.
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:07 (Ref:126292)   #154
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guys, you forgot to mention the yelling airhorn-mob at the bomb hole duirng the Lotus race...wish I could have joined you there and witnessed it first-hand Roll on Oulton!!!!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 21:33 (Ref:126305)   #155
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
miss bella what is this photo of me exciting women apart from kimi i dont remember exciting anyone else

if you would kindly send your photos to the below address i will glady scrutinise all photos and am open to bribes if anyone thinks they may have some rather interesting photos taken of them!!

gallery@ten-tenths.com
Old 5 Aug 2001, 22:25 (Ref:126324)   #156
Hyla Breese
Rookie

Hyla Breese should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Night Fever

G'day all!! Glad to read you all had a bloody G-R-E-A-T time lastnight at Snet. Pitty I can't say the same really but there you go.
Pitty about the weather too. I tell you, that created hell in the awning before going to the collecting area. It rained....stopped, Touring cars went out on wets but the sky was looking OK for dry.
We all had to make a decision on wets or slicks and at the last moment everybody went to wets. Mechanics had airguns and hoses and wheels all over the place.....stress city I tell ya!!

I guess you all want to know what happend at the start? Well I got a poor start due to a new clutch that wasn't bedded in. Pole man Jon Tee got a worse start and I got alongside but Mark Cole from 6th came along my left side and passed me, but before he cleared me he went right violently colliding with my front left. This squeezed me into Jon and this caused Jon and I to spin into the barriers. I hit them hard and was lucky to find the car still driveable.
The steering was all out of alignment and bits of the splitter and body were hanging off but I just said to myself that I will have to just fight my way back up!! Visability was poor. Following another car so closely covered the windscreen in muck and I couldn't see. Had to go down the back straight looking out the sides of the car for the white lines to make sure I didn't run off the edge of the track.

I made up quite a lot of places and got into 3rd at one point but two non championship runners were fighting it out and were trying stupid moves to get by each other and myself so I thought it better to go for points. I knew that my rivals (except Fullalove) were out of the race and I must finish as high up as possible and not get punted off and out aswell.

However, the incident at the start has caused some problems. Cole has blamed it on me and went complaing to the Clerk of the Course. So video evidence will be looked at and I had to write a report of the incident before I left the circuit lastnight. Hopefully the TV will show it all?
Jon Tee says it was Coles fault too.

Anyway. I gotta go to bed now too. So tired!! It was a hard weekend. The busiest for me with TV and radio interviews and the 100's of PR cards I signed for people all crammed into the two days instead of 3.

Speak to you all again soon. Will you be going to Croft also??

Les.....I'm sorry I didn't get to sign your picture. I was chatting with my engineer and then a journalist from Motoring News came up to me to talk. Please come and find me at Croft and I'll put down whatever I'm doing and sign the picture for you.......with the right spelling so I'm told :-D haha
See you then!
Old 5 Aug 2001, 22:41 (Ref:126328)   #157
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After Snett I don't think we have the energy (or money) for Croft...

Be warned however - Oulton Park will see another small Ten-Tenths army harrassing drivers once again!

Hmmmmm, perhaps I can have one of Mr. Eaves' wheels next time?

Old 6 Aug 2001, 10:22 (Ref:126525)   #158
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
mr spooner, sir as soon as my daddy dearest invests on a scanner i will have those pics winging their way to your inbox...

great weekend, my olds are getting a bit bored of the badly told anecdotes i keep coming up with...

got some good car shots, but the dark made it a bit tough to get semi-decent ones.. i still can't understand how that flippin dan eaves peugeot managed to crop up so many times....

hurrah for b&q for tolerating us... and letting us drink all their wine...

i'll be at oulton, fingers crossed for a decent replacement for the disco car....
Old 6 Aug 2001, 14:16 (Ref:126628)   #159
AlrightTreacle?
Rookie

AlrightTreacle? should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

My enjoyment of the weekend was spoiled when i couldn't see much of the feature race at Russell due to massive B&Q flags and bloody annoying airhorns going off. :down:
Old 6 Aug 2001, 16:49 (Ref:126659)   #160
WoodyTJ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AlrightTreacle?
My enjoyment of the weekend was spoiled when i couldn't see much of the feature race at Russell due to massive B&Q flags and bloody annoying airhorns going off. :down:
Pity as the Massive flag was at the bomb hole .... and Kaz and me were the only ones at Russell wearing B&Q flags.

I thought the view of the crash was excellent at Russell - it certainly made you jump, was also glad no one was injured.

Roll on Oulton Park!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 17:51 (Ref:126684)   #161
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
well AlrightTreacle? if you were a keen ten tenther then you would have joined us and then u would of seen!! and joined in on the fun!!
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:03 (Ref:126688)   #162
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
AHHHH WE have some evidence i know we dont like links to other sites but i really do think Mr B&Q should provide a few more flags this pitlane could be a sea of them in future!!!
http://www.tocatour.com/gallery/snet...es/image32.htm
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:14 (Ref:126691)   #163
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew I should have taken my Lexus flag on the pitlane walkabout now.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:18 (Ref:126694)   #164
WoodyTJ
Veteran

He he he - excellent picture of Spoonerbro & flag - but Minardi Fan could have smiled for the camera
Old 6 Aug 2001, 18:20 (Ref:126695)   #165
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
he was to busy dribbling!!!!!!.........
Old 6 Aug 2001, 19:42 (Ref:126738)   #166
just_phil_01
Rookie

just_phil_01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B&Q flags ok by me

Quote:
Originally posted by AlrightTreacle?
I have to agree with Woody, i was also standing at Russell (nr the B&Q flags) and from what i could see i had no obstruction of the view of the track and as for air horns I cant see how you can say they ruined the race, i never heared one and correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they all part of the racing experience!! (also you couldn't hear the airhorns over the top of vibe fm!)
Old 6 Aug 2001, 22:21 (Ref:126794)   #167
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Exactly.

We want to show who we support, and we're going to bloody well go and do it!

YOU CAN DO IT WHEN YOU B&Q IT!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Old 10 Aug 2001, 19:56 (Ref:128629)   #168
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I must say I'm really sorry to you all about what happenend at the BTCC Snetterton night races. As all of you probably know I use the BTCCPages aswell as 10/10ths.
Up until a few days before the meeting I thought it was only 10/10ths were camping. When I knew the BTCCPages crowd were camping I explained the situation to Craig. I hoped to be the first to get to Snetterton then every else could have set up camp where they wanted to.
I have many good friends on each forum and it is very silly to have to deceide between them. I was hoping at Snetterton to try and get both groups talking, but it didn't happen.
So for Oulton I'll be there when the gates open on the Friday night and wait to see who camps nearby as I welcome people from both forums.
Thruxton and Donington were great with you people and I hope to do it again as I really enjoyed it. BTW sorry to Nigel and Lorna about the bbq lighter fluid.
Old 10 Aug 2001, 22:56 (Ref:128687)   #169
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BBQ lighter fluid was not a problem. Only having one bbq to cook on was. WoodyTJ did not bring hers on the understanding that you were.

Can't really answer on the rest because I was not with the group all day so did not see intentions. But enjoyment was had by all at yet another memorable Snetterton Night Race!
Old 12 Aug 2001, 21:58 (Ref:129363)   #170
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Daz, why not invite some of them over, we don't bite, honestly. Just tell them to bring a case of beers and a large bottle of babysham, or whatever it is that Minardi Fan drinks.
Old 12 Aug 2001, 22:02 (Ref:129367)   #171
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
It's Archers, the 'ladies' (or Nigel's) drink.

Although Maisie did introduce me to the delights of dry Martinis and coke at the weekend.

Old 12 Aug 2001, 22:20 (Ref:129373)   #172
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
It's Archers, the 'ladies' (or Nigel's) drink.
Close enough
Quote:
Although Maisie did introduce me to the delights of dry Martinis and coke at the weekend.
I think I'm going to be sick
Old 14 Aug 2001, 11:38 (Ref:130246)   #173
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
One too many Nige???