Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Oct 2018, 07:46 (Ref:3858559)   #876
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
sold to a team for btcc
To run or use as donor cars to build up ‘new’ cars?

Thinking PMR want the TBL(s) as they have a 3rd car in build.

Or is it BTC Racing running 2 more cars alongside the Norlin Team? Hence the recent social media hype?

Not sure who else would want more cars unless wanting the parts & TBL’s, unless you are called Tony of course
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3858563)   #877
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
To run or use as donor cars to build up ‘new’ cars?

Thinking PMR want the TBL(s) as they have a 3rd car in build.

Or is it BTC Racing running 2 more cars alongside the Norlin Team? Hence the recent social media hype?

Not sure who else would want more cars unless wanting the parts & TBL’s, unless you are called Tony of course
to run as the two mg's
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3858568)   #878
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
to run as the two mg's
Ooooh! Thanks. Very interesting, good to see there will still be MG’s on the grid
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3858570)   #879
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Ooooh! Thanks. Very interesting, good to see there will still be MG’s on the grid
MG doesn't add much to the grid IMHO, but I'm curious who could be interested in running them as there aren't honestly many teams where these would be a "step up" from what they have been running in 2018
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3858573)   #880
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With who though?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 11:55 (Ref:3858596)   #881
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
MG doesn't add much to the grid IMHO, but I'm curious who could be interested in running them as there aren't honestly many teams where these would be a "step up" from what they have been running in 2018
Just looking at the Indie Teams' results from 2018, the MG's outscored:

Laser Tools
DUO Motorsport with HMS
Trade Price Cars with Brisky
Simpson
Ciceley
AmD with Cobra
Team HARD with Trade Price
Team Parker

From that least, Parker and HARD could be seen as realistic possibilities...
Old 23 Oct 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3858601)   #882
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just looking at the Indie Teams' results from 2018, the MG's outscored:

Laser Tools
DUO Motorsport with HMS
Trade Price Cars with Brisky
Simpson
Ciceley
AmD with Cobra
Team HARD with Trade Price
Team Parker

From that least, Parker and HARD could be seen as realistic possibilities...

Parker only just took on the BMW, I cant see them chopping and changing the car again, the driver may be a different story. That's assuming they even continue as its not worked out for them with either the Ford or the BMW and considering their GT success I can see them canning the project

Hard/Brisky, im sure TG has said somewhere that they are continuing with the VWs, could we see them running 2 VW + 2 MG? wouldnt be the first time they have split the garage with different cars, but would the MG be offering anything different, both are long wheel base, long in the tooth cars, if they were to change surely something different would be in order not a car older than the one they have
Old 23 Oct 2018, 12:36 (Ref:3858605)   #883
Robin Marriott
Veteran

It has to be a new team. No BMR, No Subaru, someone running the two MGs in their place?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 12:39 (Ref:3858609)   #884
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Plato Tesco Clubcard Fuelsave KX Momentum Academy Adrian Flux MG Racing Racing?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3858628)   #885
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Plato to take a number of BMR staff with him? He did nothing but whinge about the MG towards the end tho, would he really be going back?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3858632)   #886
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Plato to take a number of BMR staff with him? He did nothing but whinge about the MG towards the end tho, would he really be going back?
Did he complain about the MG specifically, or just that it wasn't as good as RWD?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3858633)   #887
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Did he complain about the MG specifically, or just that it wasn't as good as RWD?
hmm good point, i cant remember now, his moans rolled into one around that time!
Tho, he couldnt win the series in one then, why would he think he will win now when the cars are at the end of their cycle compared to the newer cars which are generally beating it. Surely if JP was doing a sneaky to set up on his own it would have been the Eurotech cars to finally get one over on the Neals beating them in the older Honda
Old 23 Oct 2018, 15:00 (Ref:3858634)   #888
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm sure that over time he will have complained about the car, the team, the FWD advantage, the RWD advantage, the weather, the number of crunchy nut in his corn flakes, the....
Old 23 Oct 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3858639)   #889
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Anything the man says is purely for marketing himself/a car. If he was slating the MG, chances are it wasn’t actually that bad (which is has proved since) and he was just ‘selling’ the deal for the following year.

Given that there was a deal for very competitive Hondas floating about for most of last year, I think he would be mad to go back to MGs if he was going at it alone but stranger things have happened!
Old 23 Oct 2018, 16:40 (Ref:3858642)   #890
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato won't be back in the MG IMO. he called the car a turd after all.

But as said nothing is impossible but I highly doubt it myself unless it was his only option available, if it was the MG or nothing then I could see why he might consider it.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3858644)   #891
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
He said it had reached the end of it's development path, or words to that effect, at the Snetterton meeting.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3858684)   #892
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Don't take everything Plato says so seriously. It's classic marketing-speak 101. Last year's team / car was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen; next year's car / team is the best thing ever.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3858712)   #893
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Don't take everything Plato says so seriously. It's classic marketing-speak 101. Last year's team / car was the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen; next year's car / team is the best thing ever.
Let's not kid ourselves about the MG, yes AMD did a decent job, but is it really as good as or better than the new Honda's, the old Honda's, the BMW's, the Ford Focus, the Mercedes or the Avensis?

This would be a waste of time for Plato as it will be another season messing around in the lower half of the points.

He may get lucky on a reverse grid but is that why he's here? What's he going to get out of battling for a 7th place here and there.

Unless he has twisted an arm at MG, but we have all said in the past why would they invest in promoting a car they can't sell you
Old 23 Oct 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3858745)   #894
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
There will not be any manufacturer support on the MG, it'll be commercial sponsorship. Which is what AmD had this year. Cars need money, it doesn't matter whose money as long as there is money. And real money, not Andy Neate money!

Talking of which - money, not Andy - BMR have not sorted their Companies House strike off action yet. They have about 5 weeks otherwise they will be exterminated and any assets will be ceased. I suspect there may not be many/ any assets to cease?
Old 24 Oct 2018, 06:02 (Ref:3858776)   #895
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
There will not be any manufacturer support on the MG, it'll be commercial sponsorship. Which is what AmD had this year. Cars need money, it doesn't matter whose money as long as there is money. And real money, not Andy Neate money!

Talking of which - money, not Andy - BMR have not sorted their Companies House strike off action yet. They have about 5 weeks otherwise they will be exterminated and any assets will be ceased. I suspect there may not be many/ any assets to cease?
I think the Plato in an MG is a non starter, however I think he will be back with a new team he has formed.
From your last comment I wonder how much BMR stock, staff and equipment he has now aquired if this is true
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3858778)   #896
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMD confirmed to have bought the Civics & TBLs from Eurotech, with more money/involvement from Cobra Exhausts. Also confirmed that the MGs have moved on

http://www.btcc.net/2018/10/24/cobra...tcc-programme/
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3858780)   #897
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
AMD confirmed to have bought the Civics & TBLs from Eurotech, with more money/involvement from Cobra Exhausts. Also confirmed that the MGs have moved on

http://www.btcc.net/2018/10/24/cobra...tcc-programme/
No surprise there! The livery looks awesome and just imagine if Hill and Butcher got the drives...
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:31 (Ref:3858784)   #898
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The wording is "set to move on". Which I will take at face value as the press release is very well written.

So, set to move on = currently sat at AmD or having work done at AmD. Or maybe even at Willie Pooles?

Which possibly suggests the new owner does not yet have a suitable workshop and possibly does not yet have staff and equipment.

Or am I reading too much into those few words?
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:32 (Ref:3858785)   #899
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The wording is "set to move on". Which I will take at face value as the press release is very well written.

So, set to move on = currently sat at AmD or having work done at AmD. Or maybe even at Willie Pooles?

Which possibly suggests the new owner does not yet have a suitable workshop and possibly does not yet have staff and equipment.

Or am I reading too much into those few words?
Yes following the earlier conversation, i wonder if they will have a workshop and equipment in, I don't know, maybe say 5 weeks?
Old 24 Oct 2018, 07:44 (Ref:3858787)   #900
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Another shrewd move by Mr Hollamby. Hopefully this will move AMD further up the grid. Wonder what will happen to the MGs now, as he says he won't run them?