Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jan 2001, 07:56 (Ref:55926)   #1
Splatz
Rookie

Splatz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to you all that I did not give daily updates of the race in Adelaide as I said that I would. I had hoped to watch the days action and then rush home to tell you all what happened. But alas, things did not turn out as planned.

I might see if I can get some of my 168 photos on to the forum, including one taken after a highly animated discussion between Greg Murphy and two Panoz crew members. Didn't know it happened? I was on hand to see the moment which caused Murphy to head back to the Panoz car minutes after crashing it.

Sorry goes also to MtPanarama for not meeting you on Saturday as we planned.

Lastly, I hope you all enjoyed the Adelaide show, (for what coverage you've been able to get.) I think next year will be even better. Here's a big congratulatery cheer for Mr Panoz. Hoorah!
Old 3 Jan 2001, 12:38 (Ref:55950)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
all is forgiven Splatz..I hope you enjoyed yourself during the weekend and I am most definately looking forward to seeing some of your pics.

maybe you could post some more info on what went on behind the scenes or even write an article for the newsletter...entirely up to you of course.

but look forward to the pics anyway.
Old 5 Jan 2001, 03:01 (Ref:56177)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll second that! If you want to post your thoughts here first, I can just copy and paste them into the newsletter. We do that all the time.

I want to hear all about it though - I can't wait to get to the ALMS races this year!
Old 5 Jan 2001, 22:29 (Ref:56406)   #4
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Splatz,
Dont worry about not meeting on saturday as i thought i was going to have to appologise to you because i didnt make it either. My daughter was a little bit sick ,from the heat i think , so we had to take her back to the hotel room.
Excellent weekend though. Spent most of my time at the hairpin coming onto the main straight. Excellent at night with the brakes glowing , exhausts popping flames and being blinded by headlights. Also had the Coopers beer tent right there as well.
mtpanorama