Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jan 2001, 18:46 (Ref:58858)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I have only been around the BTCC for a few years can anybofy tell me what happened to Keith O'dor.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 19:16 (Ref:58863)   #2
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keith O'dor was racing in a touring car meeting at the Avus track in Germany in 1995, he spun and was T-boned by somebody and was killed.
Old 16 Jan 2001, 21:04 (Ref:58895)   #3
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it was Frank Biela who hit him
Old 16 Jan 2001, 22:04 (Ref:58911)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A tragic incident.. a great driver - always almost on the end.. remember that accident at Donnington??

Was pretty much my hero, as he grew up in my home town - Salisbury, and his dad runs the tuning company Janspeed - who also used to run the Nissans in the BTCC.

He came up from National Saloons, think it was a monster Nissan Skyline that he got his best results in..
Old 16 Jan 2001, 23:02 (Ref:58920)   #5
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Janspeed are back in the British Touring Car Championship with a couple of Alfa 156's.

Gary Ayles Racing are preparing the cars, and they are also to field a Honda Accord ST car in selected rounds of the ETCC.

Is the first time that Janspeed have been directly involved with a race effort sice Jan lost his son to racing?

Either way, I wish them every success.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 08:54 (Ref:58982)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My first memories were of him trying to keep up with the Golf GTi 16v hordes with a 205 1.9GTi in mid 80's production saloons. And he was terrific in that Skyline. A good driver and by all accounts a good engineer.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 17:14 (Ref:59031)   #7
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was ashame to lose such a talent. I remember back in '94 when the Nissan was not the best car in the field but he was the one dragging it up the field for results, putting Eric Van Der Poele and Tiff Needell in the shade.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 20:37 (Ref:59071)   #8
Peter.S
Rookie

Peter.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met Keith on a couple of occasions. He always had time for everybody who approached him, I dont think that any of his fellow competitors had a bad word against him. After being at Donington and seeing his accident when he flipped over the spectator fence at the bottom of the Craner Curves, I was convinced he was indestructible. When the news of his death came through many people were devastated. I saw the accident on Sky or Eurosport, Frank Biela could not avoid him.
Keith has been missed by many.
Old 17 Jan 2001, 21:13 (Ref:59087)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I can also comment on Keith's generousity (if that's the word)

After being made redundant from my first job, I did a bit of courier work for five or six weeks, one of my drops was Janspeed in Salisbury. One day I bumped into Keith there and he positively delighted in showing me around the workshops, the transporters and the cars - a throughly bloody nice bloke

I was really sad that I had to go back to work that day (and he seemed genuinely disappointed that we couldn't speak for longer too) and that I never got the opportunity to meet him again
Old 23 Jan 2001, 21:41 (Ref:59993)   #10
Greg
Rookie

Greg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kieth O'Dor

Well in my Touring Car book, it says that the Primera was t-boned at high speed in Berlin sorry, not the Le Mans. It actully says that he died in Berlin.