Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1227369)   #26
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Careful agwiii... I am a former winner of the predictions competition
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1227377)   #27
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
I am a former winner of the predictions competition
No way....who did you bribe?
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1227378)   #28
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW is there going to be fans competition as well? i finished 2nd last year...and am hoping to see how much i decline after an excellent debut season...
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:05 (Ref:1227379)   #29
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
agwiii should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Careful agwiii... I am a former winner of the predictions competition

I salute your bravery to sit out there on that wispy twig. :-)

I never won, but I was 3rd in the old F1PP and 7th in the old F1Pick6.

I have the tropies in my trophy room. :-)
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1227384)   #30
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
Drivers with something to prove

Quote:
Here are my predictions. ... Come on chickens ... Am I alone on my limb?
Inigo:

This will be a VERY interesting season. There seem to be more drivers with something to prove than usual.

I would include:

Ralf & Jarno
Fisi
Massa
Heidfeld & Webber
Kimi & Wayne

Who else?
Old 16 Feb 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1227386)   #31
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I'd have to say Barichello as well, agwii... Although it'll be tough for him to prove anything while Michael is there!

And of course, Jacques... Perhaps he has the most to prove of all, given that many (including myself) think he is washed up...

Rf- I should clarify that I was the co-winner a couple of years back. It ended up a tie!

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 16 Feb 2005 at 17:16.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1227429)   #32
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
Quote:
I'd have to say Barichello as well, agwii... Although it'll be tough for him to prove anything while Michael is there!

And of course, Jacques... Perhaps he has the most to prove of all, given that many (including myself) think he is washed up...

Rf- I should clarify that I was the co-winner a couple of years back. It ended up a tie!
Oy!

How could I have overlooked JV?

Rubinho? Is his contract up at the end of 2005? Do the Team Owners think he's the second best driver? I have seen flashes of brilliance but ...
Old 16 Feb 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1227465)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are no drivers in F1 called Wayne.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1227489)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And with knowlege like that K-b, you should run the competition. On that note:

We would like to announce that Kicking-back will be taking over the running of the F1 Results Predictions Competition

So any queries or submissions should go to him. He'll deal with this far better than I would.

He'll post all the updates and threads from now on, so kep your eyes pealed.

Thanks k-b and good luck!

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Feb 2005 at 19:15.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1227492)   #35
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for agreeing to this KB. And good luck (you'll need it...)
Old 16 Feb 2005, 22:49 (Ref:1227712)   #36
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
There are no drivers in F1 called Wayne.
KB:

Juan Montoya picked up Wayne as a nickname when he was racing in the US, before he moved to F1. Nicknames are not uncommon in the USA, or in some other countries. For example, Rubens Barichello's nickname is Rubinho, which is a diminutive form of Rubens. Niki Lauda was called the Rat. Alain Prost was called the Professor

When the late, great Henry N. Manney III was alive, he often gave drivers nicknames. Olivier Gendiebien was given the nickname "Jelleybean."

Even the great Neubauer was called the "fat man."

I see many nicknames or nome de plumes here too.

Thank for asking!
Old 17 Feb 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1227954)   #37
ssilviu
Rookie

Romania
Romania
ssilviu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driver1: Fernando Alonso
driver2: Michael Schumacher
driver3: Giancarlo Fisichella
driver4: Rubens Barrichello
driver5: Kimi Raikkonen
driver6: Jenson Button
driver7: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver8: Takuma Sato

team1: Renault
team2: Ferrari
team3: McLaren
team4: BAR
team5: Williams
team6: Toyota
team7: Sauber
team8: Jordan
Old 17 Feb 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1228024)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never knew that some drivers had nick names and who is this Prost that you speak off?

I must admit I didn't know about Montoya's, although that one is obviously not common place in F1.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1228026)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hehe, well done K-B.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1228032)   #40
toot toot
Racer

toot toot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driver1: Michael Schumacher
driver2: Kimi Raikkonen
driver3: Rubens Barrichello
driver4: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver5: Fernando Alonso
driver6: Jenson Button
driver7: Giancarlo Fisichella
driver8: Mark Webber

team1: Ferrari
team2: McLaren
team3: Renault
team4: BAR
team5: Williams
team7: Red Bull
team8: Sauber
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:21 (Ref:1228038)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariFanatic
There, my first ever entry in this competition! Not quite sure why Peter Mallett is on the list, and there are lots of other drivers on there I don't recognise too.
I'm afraid I cannot reveal my plans for the coming season
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1228054)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can reveal one of them....to do very badly in the predictions competitions once again.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1228075)   #43
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done K-b - don't take any nonsense from knowlesy and ralf fan will you?

OK, here's mine:

driver1: Michael Schumacher
driver2: Rubens Barrichello
driver3: Kimi Raikkonen
driver4: Jenson Button
driver5: Juan Pablo Montoya
driver6: Fernando Alonso
driver7: Mark Webber
driver8: Nick Heidfeld

team1: Ferrari
team2: McLaren
team3: BAR
team4: Williams
team5: Renault
team7: Sauber
team8: Red Bull

Sorry, Pete - didn't have room for you, but I'm sure you could make a respectable ninth if you're lucky...
Old 17 Feb 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1228115)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I can reveal one of them....to do very badly in the predictions competitions once again.
That wasn't planned.
Old 17 Feb 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1228155)   #45
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm still working on this one, it's frazzeling my brain, time for my crystal ball methinks, now where did I throw it last September?.............................................
Old 17 Feb 2005, 18:39 (Ref:1228539)   #46
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
You guys change competion runners more than Toyota change drivers...

Best of luck KB...they mustve caught you in a drunken moment....
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1228601)   #47
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blimey agwii.......all you had to say was "Wayne was a nickname"! We didn't need a topical debate on what a nickname is! Hehehe.....
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1228631)   #48
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
Quote:
Blimey agwii.......all you had to say was "Wayne was a nickname"! We didn't need a topical debate on what a nickname is! Hehehe.....
Made you chuckle, eh?

Where's that drink?

And while we're at it, how do you feel about Habanos?
Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1228635)   #49
agwiii
Racer

United States
Paradise
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I never knew that some drivers had nick names and who is this Prost that you speak off?
He showed some success in earlier decades, but ended up with terrible blues, and vanished!

Old 17 Feb 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1228641)   #50
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
We didn't need a topical debate on what a nickname is! Hehehe.....
What was topical about it? Remember there is parc ferme for the off topic stuff

I'm going radical and having Michael first, but for the sheer hell of it not Ferrari. I'm chosing my season bets too. Montoya is 10-1 and I think those are pretty good odds.

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Feb 2005 at 19:50.