Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2001, 20:25 (Ref:65593)   #1
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have read the other posts but could not bring myself to reply to any of them.
I feel as if I should pay my own small tribute to the legend that is Dale Earnhardt.
I have for obvious reasons (limited TV coverage in the UK) been a NASCAR fan for about 5 years but was immediately inspired by Dale's forceful driving style that gave him the "Intimidator" handle and was a fan from day one.
He gave me and many others a great deal of excitement, enjoyment and controversy during his 20 odd years of Winston Cup starts and has contributed greatly to making the sport what it is today.
A true Champion, he will be greatly missed for a long, long time by many..... my thoughts are with his wife, Teresa, Dale Jnr and his family and friends at this tragic time.

Old 19 Feb 2001, 21:13 (Ref:65609)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amen.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 01:40 (Ref:65657)   #3
dei3fan
Rookie

United States
Stockbridge Ga.
dei3fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been a fan of Dale Earnhardt almost from the beginning with a few years in between when because of a bad marriage I lost track while dealing with matters closer to home.For the last seven or eight years I have followed closely,almost every race. Even though I never met him I felt I knew him. through watching him on tv, at the track, on commercials and public appearances etc., and just watching him race.it's hard to think of a race without him, and since this happened it's just dawning on me how much my whole enjoyment of nascar racing was tied up in dale. there are other drivers I like but none gave the thrill that I got watching dale and I was proud to display my support. almost every cap I own has a three on it somewhere and my truck has a red '3' tag on front.I have quite a bit of earnhardt memorabilia and clothing.A neighbor who is also a fan came by tonite and we spent an hour telling tales and talking Dale. It seemed to help ease the pain somewhat just talking about and remembering him. There will never be another Dale Earnhardt so we have only those memories to sustain us. God Bless you dale as you race that biggest of all tracks in the heavenlies,with no restrictor plates and no death. give our regards to Alan and Davey,Adam and Kenny,nemecheck and fireball.And oh yeah,mr. Bonnet and any others I forgot too.
I know you're having a blast driving whatever they have up there.I just hope we don't send ya'll anymore company up there for quite some time to come, we really need them all down here.
My deepest sympathies go out to the family and friends of Dale which are many. Little E, it's up to you now.
Old 20 Feb 2001, 05:23 (Ref:65673)   #4
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Invader, one of the things that I really wished people over in Europe could have gotten to see was Dale Earnhardt racing at one of the new oval tracks there. He was a true legend and icon for the sport of stock car racing. His imtimidator image matched his driving style. He always made a race interesting if he was towards the front near the end of a race.

I think Europeans would have enjoyed seeing him race in person. At the Atlanta race a few years ago, I sat right next to a man who was from Austria and he loved to watch bot Michael Schumacher and Dale Earnhardt. He laughed when I told him that I seen a pattern there.

He will be missed tremendously here. I don't think many truly comprehend his status here in the U.S. At the Earnhardt autograph session that I mentioned on another thread, the line at this rather good sized shopping mall looped back around from one end to the other. I had never seen so many people for an autograph session in my life. And my area isn't in the heart of NASCAR country and we didn't even have a Winston Cup race at that time. Big E was huge here.