Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Nov 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3780786)   #551
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
He’s confirmed in FB that he’ll be in BTCC next year too, just won’t give anything away on who with! Just hope he has better luck in 2018.
No sign of a HARD hashtag and nowt from Tony that I've found.

As Tonys style is bigging up publicity then reasonably safe assumption it's not HARD.

I'm thinking Mr Hollamby...
Old 16 Nov 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3780792)   #552
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
No sign of a HARD hashtag and nowt from Tony that I've found.

As Tonys style is bigging up publicity then reasonably safe assumption it's not HARD.

I'm thinking Mr Hollamby...
But... Spine Eyewear and HARD have been interacting on social media, so still possible?

Jake Hill's reference to 'title' could mean a new title sponsor, and Spine may have placed a publicity embargo?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3780820)   #553
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Entirely possible Mr Malcolm.

I know TG really rates Jake and would be doing anything in his power to retain him.

Waiting game...
Old 17 Nov 2017, 02:32 (Ref:3780874)   #554
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
In other news PMR have offered Alex Rullo a test

http://www.btcc.net/2017/11/16/pmrs-...ung-gun-rullo/
Its going to be interesting to see how he adapts to the car as its the complete opposite to a V8 Supercar. Sure he was there mainly because his dad paid his way but he did make some improvement over the season so there is some talent there. Maybe its a different path that brings better results for him.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 05:00 (Ref:3780885)   #555
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Its going to be interesting to see how he adapts to the car as its the complete opposite to a V8 Supercar. Sure he was there mainly because his dad paid his way but he did make some improvement over the season so there is some talent there. Maybe its a different path that brings better results for him.
Perhaps some time in Pomgolia might lead to a well needed attitude adjustment.
Heaven forbid he should develop a work ethic what with Daddies $$$ and all
Old 17 Nov 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3780932)   #556
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The BTCC is chockers so may not be room. If there is, a switch from RWD to FWD and the short sprint races will be a massive culture shock. Hope he has a ripper season and adds a hard edge to his driving.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3780991)   #557
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slightly O/T, but demonstrates the ability in BTCC right now (and one to hush the Honda-haters). Shedden has nabbed pole on his TCR debut.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3781003)   #558
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Slightly O/T, but demonstrates the ability in BTCC right now (and one to hush the Honda-haters). Shedden has nabbed pole on his TCR debut.

Not surprised, he is one of top tin top drivers in the UK, so no surprise it translates overseas
Old 17 Nov 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3781009)   #559
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not surprised, he is one of top tin top drivers in the UK, so no surprise it translates overseas
Yeah,
Despite all the accusations he has received lately about being a dirty driver, and that Honda only win because of Gow's support, he has shown that he has genuine talent.

It also helps to raise the profile of BTCC as a whole, when someone who finished outside the top 3 can perform so well elsewhere.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3781015)   #560
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I’m still not sure why Shedden wasn’t drafted into Hondas WTCC car as a replacement for Monteiro.
Old 17 Nov 2017, 16:09 (Ref:3781020)   #561
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I’m still not sure why Shedden wasn’t drafted into Hondas WTCC car as a replacement for Monteiro.

Guerreri seemed a safer option
Old 17 Nov 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3781093)   #562
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yeah,
Despite all the accusations he has received lately about being a dirty driver, and that Honda only win because of Gow's support, he has shown that he has genuine talent.
Has there ever been much doubt that Shedden has talent? I haven't seen it if so. That's what makes it all the more disappointing when he (and Plato, and Neal, and others) go for a 'special move'.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3781194)   #563
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Has there ever been much doubt that Shedden has talent?
Not to call out the posters, but this was posted only today in the TCR thread:

Quote:
Shedden - World beating skills who deserves more international recognition.
Quote:
Really?
Admittedly it doesn't seem to be a majority, but there are still some who question his talent.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3781629)   #564
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's always surprised me with Shedden, is that he hasn't done more international stuff. If you look back at Neal's career, he's done Bathurst a number of times, the ETCC, and even races out in Moldova (or Macedonia or somewhere else exotic, I forget, I know it was to help the new owners of one of their old BTCC Hondas get to grips with it).

Aside from Goodwood and a recent TCR race IIRC, Shedden hsn't done much outside of the BTCC.

I'm guessing with so few paid drives out there, his budget doesn't stretch to overseas?
Old 20 Nov 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3781643)   #565
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
What's always surprised me with Shedden, is that he hasn't done more international stuff. If you look back at Neal's career, he's done Bathurst a number of times, the ETCC, and even races out in Moldova (or Macedonia or somewhere else exotic, I forget, I know it was to help the new owners of one of their old BTCC Hondas get to grips with it).

Aside from Goodwood and a recent TCR race IIRC, Shedden hsn't done much outside of the BTCC.

I'm guessing with so few paid drives out there, his budget doesn't stretch to overseas?
Probably juggling a fulltime job and family life has some bearing on it too. I'm really surprised Shedden, Turkington and other drivers in that 30-40 year old bracket haven't done more internationally. but perhaps they aren't able or willing to sacrifice their personal life and employment for that sort of thing like Rob Huff, Tom Chilton and others have.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3781648)   #566
S griffin
Veteran

Also different tin top series run to different regulations now, unlike the days of Group A, Super Touring and Super 2000, so it's not as easy
Old 20 Nov 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3781663)   #567
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turks did a fair bit from 2007-11ish, and always looked a class act in whatever field he was in, even if he wasn't out and winning everything.

I too would enjoy seeing some of the frontrunners (and even midfielders) going out and racing elsewhere on occasion. Adam Morgan has raced and won in China iirc, so it would be great to see what the likes of Sutton, Goff, etc could do in an occasional outing. The potential TCR/WTCC merger could well help in this regard, especially if they have a UK round (however likely).
Old 20 Nov 2017, 12:44 (Ref:3781683)   #568
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
willing to sacrifice their personal life and employment - Tom Chilton
LOL.
Old 20 Nov 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3781689)   #569
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Turks did a fair bit from 2007-11ish, and always looked a class act in whatever field he was in, even if he wasn't out and winning everything.
last time he did WTCC in the BMW the organizers changed the rules just because of him , cos he was putting every privateer to shame and even some of the works guys that if rules stayed he would have been able to become INDY champion even if doing just a few races...

more exactly the rule that a privateer was getting extra points for finishing ahead of works drivers
Old 22 Nov 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3782224)   #570
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just read Michael Epps comments on the new driving standards penalties. He seems to want to be able to crash into everything!

"“I worry that some of the new rules introduced within the BTCC may exaggerate some problems. The field is very close and there is always going to be inevitable contact… I respect their ideas and it could settle things down, we will see, but it also raises the risk of having your championship badly affected in the stewards room and that is always a bit of a put off for drivers and teams. Political stories of bans and result changes don’t do much good for anyone."
Old 22 Nov 2017, 17:00 (Ref:3782231)   #571
S griffin
Veteran

I don’t know what he means, they ignore the rubs and doorhandling anyway
Old 23 Nov 2017, 11:27 (Ref:3782402)   #572
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The Epps comment does seem odd... from what I've seen he is both talented and clean.

I am hoping the rules - if properly enforced - will reduce the hair brained driving exhibited by several drivers this year: Cook and Aron Taylor Smith in particular were very bad at making judgements. Not saying I wouldn't be a lot worse, but then nobody has thrown the keys to a race car in my direction!
Old 23 Nov 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3782416)   #573
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone remember Snetterton 2015 ? surely nobody really wants that ....

simple thing would be to make the cars just dam more sturdier so contact doesn't results in punctures or broken axle assembly
Old 23 Nov 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3782420)   #574
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
simple thing would be to make the cars just dam more sturdier so contact doesn't results in punctures or broken axle assembly
They are well known for being pretty sturdy anyway.

Beefing them up a bit more will only eliminate a tiny proportion of some accidents. If drivers will still go into a closing gap far too quickly, or turn in when someone is halfway by them, there will still be shunts

You never know, giving people likely to make dumb or desperate moves, an even more substantial battering ram, will only succeed in them being able to punt more than one person off per race.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3782500)   #575
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
So to discourage bad driving, we should... lessen the consequences? Brilliant!