Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Dec 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3784571)   #626
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Good point.
yeah pretty lame thing for TCT to predict.
since when hasnt there been some changes to the line up year on year?!
Old 1 Dec 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3784575)   #627
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Other than that Parker is the only other team I could see leaving, or perhaps changing car. IMO the Focus was probably the least competitive car for the majority of last season.
The Stephen Jelley tweet mentioned a few pages back does seem to hint at that.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3784577)   #628
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
since when hasnt there been some changes to the line up year on year?!
Would make the off-season pretty boring!
Old 1 Dec 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3784595)   #629
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think there will actually be less changes than this season.
I read it that TCT are claiming that there will be some changes from the 2017 line-up - which is not really a stretch to imagine considering that we already know about the Alfa.

From the 2017 grid, it wouldn't surprise me to see the only new chassis' to be 3x Honda and 1x Alfa-Romeo.

No new teams - with a downsize of the overall BMR/888 construct and an expansion at Eurotech and Speedworks.

My prediction for the entry list is:

PMR 2x Vauxhall
WSR 3x BMW
BMR/888 4x Subaru
TD 3x Honda (new cars)
Motorbase 3x Ford
Parker 2x Ford
AmD 2x Audi
HMS 1x Alfa (new car)
HARD 3x VW
Laser/Cicely 2x MB
BTC 2x Chevrolet
Eurotech 3x Honda
Speedworks 2x Honda

The upside to this is that all of the Honda-haters can complain again about dominance, which will give plenty of discussion for 2018.
well at least one of your predctions is wrong

http://www.btcc.net/2017/12/01/team-...brisky-racing/
Old 1 Dec 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3784596)   #630
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Hard Brisky running 4 cars, so someone is either gone or one down from last year
Old 1 Dec 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3784606)   #631
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Not really a fan of these big teams.
The VW is still the best looking car on the grid.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3784608)   #632
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Hard Brisky running 4 cars, so someone is either gone or one down from last year
I don’t expect to see 6 cars fielded out of the BMR/888 fold in 2018.

It will be interesting to see what Matt Simpson decided to do with his TBL, if Honda do change cars as rumoured, will he pay up for a new model or stay with his current car, either still run by Dynamics or take it elsewhere?
Old 1 Dec 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3784615)   #633
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
well at least one of your predctions is wrong

Damn it! I'll refine then and say that Eurotech will stay at 2 cars, and Simpson will run a year-old Civic.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3784617)   #634
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
i bet they bought the Welch licence.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3784632)   #635
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't Gilham refused the 4th TBL a few years back?

Hopefully that means we'll see Burns back, but I hope Hill and Epps move to a front running team. There already seems to be about 5 drivers rumoured for the 2 seats at WSR but I do remember seeing Epps do some BMW track days a few months back...

At this point, I would be very suprised (and disappointed) to see the MG's back.

I know there are rumours of TPR moving away from the old Focus, but are there any chances of Motorbase doing so as well after a disappointing performance last year? There is also at least 1 race winning Avensis unused now (possibly 2 if SW change) so that could be a candidate for a team wanting to change car.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3784636)   #636
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gilham being a megalomaniac again ?

don't think Scott will bail him out again
Old 2 Dec 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3784720)   #637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to wish my best to the team and the drivers for the season, they are going to be a great more fun to watch
Old 2 Dec 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3784798)   #638
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

The irony here could be that Tony now has one of Warrens 6 TBLs.

I am speculating but seriously expect a maximum of 4 cars for Warren. There will be no MGs: again that is speculation but given the state of those cars, the departure of ATS and the chaos that is MG UK it would fit.

JP hopping ship is still on my speculation radar...
Old 2 Dec 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3784799)   #639
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Wasn't Gilham refused the 4th TBL a few years back?
Mr Gow discouraged it: Tony accepted it. I suspect Mr Gow has softened the stance possibly to help ensure a full grid.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3784804)   #640
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

Scott couldn't bail his own teams out in 2017.

And 2018 looks like Scott and Gilham will both have the same amount of cars on the grid. So who's the bigger megalomaniac?
Old 2 Dec 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3784817)   #641
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Mr Gow discouraged it: Tony accepted it. I suspect Mr Gow has softened the stance possibly to help ensure a full grid.
I don't think so. Mr Gow is not that obssessed with having a capacity 32-car grid. He said earlier this year that he wouldn't mind 24-car grid.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3784818)   #642
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
it’s the opposite. Gow has actually been saying he wants to reduce the grid. he said in his speech at the TOCA awards (i was there) that he would like the grid number to fall by at least 4 cars
Old 3 Dec 2017, 06:59 (Ref:3784857)   #643
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There already seems to be about 5 drivers rumoured for the 2 seats at WSR but I do remember seeing Epps do some BMW track days a few months back...
He also does track work for Fiat/Abarth/Alfa and many other manufacturers, but that doesn't means it's anything to do with a BTCC drive, it just helps to pay the rent.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 08:50 (Ref:3784864)   #644
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope Lines can find somone decent to put in his Focus

The car ran well with Cook driving, no reason why that can't be a top 10 outfit.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3784869)   #645
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
By teaming up with Brisky, they are entered as two teams running two cars each, so they got round the maximum of 3 cars per team!

I think Warren Scott has decided to keep Mr Gow happy too by not running 4 cars from one team 😉
Old 3 Dec 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3784881)   #646
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
By teaming up with Brisky, they are entered as two teams running two cars each, so they got round the maximum of 3 cars per team!

I think Warren Scott has decided to keep Mr Gow happy too by not running 4 cars from one team ��
Are we beginning to see an era of 'stables'?

BMR/888 stable,
HARD/Brisky stable,

With the number of Hondas and Fords on the grid, perhaps TD and Motorbase may look at bringing teams into their stables?
Old 3 Dec 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3784893)   #647
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well it might be a temporary thing, but we’ll see
Old 3 Dec 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3784906)   #648
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
it’s the opposite. Gow has actually been saying he wants to reduce the grid. he said in his speech at the TOCA awards (i was there) that he would like the grid number to fall by at least 4 cars
I didn't know that; thanks for the info. Quality over quantity? Having said that, there were less lame ponies last year.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3784907)   #649
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
I think Warren Scott has decided to keep Mr Gow happy too by not running 4 cars from one team 😉
If I'm reading into your post correctly with what I think I know then there will be 2 × BMR Subarus and 2 × 888 Subarus.

Unless a fifth Subaru is being readied...
Old 3 Dec 2017, 14:54 (Ref:3784908)   #650
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Are we beginning to see an era of 'stables'?
It's a convenient 'distorting' of the rules in NASCAR, but it does allow smaller 'seperate' teams to benefit from the big boys know how. Case in point being Furniture Row this year. No bad thing in my opinion.