Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:07 (Ref:353622)   #1
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who's your least favorite driver?

Well...the last two days I've had ideas for so many threads...but I just could not resist this one....I am following Jordi's topic because there's always the other side....

So, who are your least favorite drivers????
I'll post it later, when I think of more than one.....
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:20 (Ref:353635)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Personally, I dislike drivers who find it "deliberate but instinctive" to run their opposition off the road. Drivers who are willing to risk other people's lives in the pursuit of a championship. And drivers who demand in their contracts that they always be the "#1" driver.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:25 (Ref:353639)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whiners.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:31 (Ref:353645)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im afraid i have to back up what Macdaddy has just said .
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:36 (Ref:353647)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
zzzzzzzzz....part 3447
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:52 (Ref:353659)   #6
con-rod
Rookie

con-rod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there no one on this forum who actually likes Schumacher?!!

Sure he's done some 'controversial' moves in his time, but i admire his commitment to his work &, as i'm sure you all know, he's still the best there is, possibly the best there ever has been. And i don't care what country he comes from because i'm not racist! :P :P
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:54 (Ref:353662)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:01 (Ref:353668)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly I'm not racist, either. That's got nothing to do with it. "Best there is"? That's very possible. But no one will ever know, because of his #1 status. Put him equally with the likes of JV or JPM, same car, same status, and that's the only way to tell for sure. So I guess we'll never know.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:04 (Ref:353672)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i like him...basically if it wasn't for him you might as well gone out and done the gardening on sunday afternoons from 96-99
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:20 (Ref:353687)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MS cuz he needs team orders to win, he is big headed and he dont put any effort into it- he just lets his car drive him around.

Button cuz he was, and amazingly still is, billed as "britans best chance for a world championship" when he is clearly a talantless nobody, whose carrer is going backwards. well done flavio, getting rid of him was a good move
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:25 (Ref:353692)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher, The greatest dead **** in motorsport since Mansell
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:41 (Ref:353704)   #12
Avid Merrion
Racer

Avid Merrion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
i like him...basically if it wasn't for him you might as well gone out and done the gardening on sunday afternoons from 96-99
NO . its because of him that we have been gardening on sunday afternoons .

whats the point of watching it all when you know that he will be allowed to win even if he isnt leading the race .
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:45 (Ref:353709)   #13
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

Quote:
Originally posted by Avid Merrion
NO . its because of him that we have been gardening on sunday afternoons.
We? Who's we? We certainly pick some other days for gardening. We're busy on Sunday afternoons.

Last edited by Red; 9 Aug 2002 at 09:46.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 09:47 (Ref:353711)   #14
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"when he is clearly a talantless nobody" ( Button )

Got a feeling a few people are going to string you up on that one Down Force !!!!

He new at the start of his first season with wiilliams that there was a good chance Montoya would take his place at the end of the year, I think he did a brilliant job, especially in the races, against his more experianced teammate Ralf, if he'd kept that drive for 2001 he would have bettered ralf and had a good chance of winning races as the williams came on,

Fair enough he should have done a better job in 2001 but having seen many of his drives in the lower formule and having followed him in karting to call him a talantless nobody is a bit harsh.

Again this year he hasnt done a bad job, and has been unlucky to be dropped which is mainly due to the contracts within the team, should be interesting to see how he gets on for the rest of the year without any testing, should be a true test.

Although i do rate Alonso and expect him to wipe the floor with Truli.

each to their own i guess
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:30 (Ref:353756)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That German Fokker.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:35 (Ref:353767)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My least favourite?

Michael Schumacher. Full Stop.
Ralf Schumacer to a lesser extent, but he's OK.
I never liked Jensen Button to begin with, but he's OK now.

That is all really. Most of the drivers I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:44 (Ref:353778)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Squirrel!! with the greatest restraint, I felt I might let you know that this is the sort of thread that leads to driver bashes.
So, to keep this on a happy footing, I would put forth the name of the guy who drives the CLEANWAYS rubbish collection truck that nearly collected me last Friday at a roundabout.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:47 (Ref:353782)   #18
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Cheers VB.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 10:53 (Ref:353786)   #19
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MS - Because of 1994.

DC - Because he blames everyone else and never admits a mistake (he's made a few).

Irv - Because of his outbursts. Second best driver in F1.. Did you have a nice dream Eddie?

RS - Because he can't pass and whinges when people mention it. I'm also waiting for the day when he actually puts up a fight against his bruv.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 11:18 (Ref:353807)   #20
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Much as I'm fed up of Michael's endless success, and of course the manner in which some of it has been achieved, I really have 2 that I feel intense bile towards:

Ralf and DC

Ralf has clearly half the talent of his brother, is a wimp when it comes to close combat, comes nowhere near Montoya most of the time on pace, and is an annoying obnoxious brat who is barely good enough for F1, let alone one of the top drives.

As for DC, his time has passed. Even if the McLaren was on the ultimate pace, he wouldn't be good enough to win the title. Hakkinen consistantly trounced him on performance from 1996-2000, with only occasional glimmers from DC. Now Kimi, a driver with little experience, is outpacing him regualrly. And as for saying "I'll win the title this year" every Februrary, and then "I'll win the title NEXT year" every August. It's liek Pinky & the Brain.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 11:32 (Ref:353820)   #21
Aussiefan

I heard Michael Schumacher puts sugar on his cornflakes. What a p****.

Old 9 Aug 2002, 11:35 (Ref:353823)   #22
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play, But Button come on !!!!! he aint that bad.

Its Got to be Michael Schumacher
Old 9 Aug 2002, 11:46 (Ref:353837)   #23
Legend
Veteran

Legend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have only 1 favourite and I do not have not a least favourite. Ok, maybe Yoong.
To be 100% honest I must say I was not fond of DC in 1998 and 1999 when Schumacher tried to lap him. Never a man being lapped has put up such a brave fight, on team orders.
Besides remember DC's lack of aggression during those year, specially in traffic.
However I must admit, after DC's Jet crashed as he so the light at the end of the tunnel, he emerged as a better person and a better driver.

Last edited by Legend; 9 Aug 2002 at 11:47.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 11:55 (Ref:353844)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Ralf and DC

I'm with you here Boots, your anaylisis is my sentiments entirely!

p.s..... add TGF to my list!

p.p.s...Miss Hardt, should have started a poll!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 12:42 (Ref:353906)   #25
Meroo
Racer

Australia
South Coast NSW
Meroo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be MS, for obvious reasons. Nothing to do with nationality as suggested above (BTW con-rod, the Anglo Saxon race inhabiting England is of German origin, as is the English language, but as you say that is irrelevant).

There was a time when I was quite respectful of MS and his achievements and enjoyed his success, however the attitude of a fair portion of his fans has actually turned me against him, and I now find myself hoping for any other race victor.

It's akin to the Man U syndrome. It must be so easy for some to jump on the bandwagon of success. My preference is to support the underdog in the hope of some variety in race results (i.e. Go Minardi).