Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Driver of the Day?
Skaife/Tander 8 7.41%
Canto/Holdwsworth 7 6.48%
Bright/Winterbottom 35 32.41%
Lowndes/Whincup 31 28.70%
Kelly/Kelly 6 5.56%
Owen/Longhurst 3 2.78%
Jones/Bowe 5 4.63%
Bargwanna/Baird 4 3.70%
Johnson/Davison 4 3.70%
Other 5 4.63%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2006, 08:51 (Ref:1701327)   #51
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
Craig Baird was another who was impressive. He and Bargs will be a strong combo for Bathurst. As for the other car, Max did more than his fair share. I just hope Gorey and Larko are on the lookout for a new co-driver for the #8 Falcon for Bathurst...
Yes Maxie might have to go. In the car all year and only 2 tenths faster then
the lunch timer seat warmer during the race.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1701333)   #52
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Boxy]Natsoft mentions 27 second penalties for cars #10 and #18. Anyone know what they were for?
QUOTE]

Im guessing #10 penalty would be for the dangerous re-entry from Bargs when he pulled out in front of Jack Perkins at Dandenong corner.
And the #18 penalty im guessing is for when Ellery got spun around at Dandenong corner #18 gave him a touch up. ( When Ellery had his colourful language)

Last edited by ford boy; 4 Sep 2006 at 08:59.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1701347)   #53
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon the Kelly brothers were good. Lowndes and Whincup were brillant to get on the lead lap and get 3rd. Brighty and Winterbottom were brillant, they will be brillant at the SCA 1000. Even though I am solider of the general, I think Ford are going to have a win.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1701427)   #54
mjt57
Racer

mjt57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully, this is the right thread. Apologies if not. Just a question regarding the drivers' helmets. I noticed that they had round pink-like stickers with letters on them. Any idea what that was about?

Also, do drivers have their blood type on the lids, these days?
Old 4 Sep 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1701439)   #55
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Tander was the pick of the individual drivers. Had the car not had dramas, no one would have touched them... not even 888.

Lowndes did do well to recover - the safety car put him down a lap, and it also gave him a lap back. So while he didnt drive a lap back, he did have to work through a lot of people - the relentless move up reminded me of the mindset of champions of past.

I dont think Steve Johnson did a bad job - 4th place is nothing to sneeze at. Someone else mentioned the maturity of Rick Kelly. I agree, those last few laps would have presented him many opportunities to crash and barge through given he had a quicker car - but he used his head.

I think the two kelly's in the toll cars next year would be a fantastic match, and GT in a red car next year would be even better.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:17 (Ref:1701546)   #56
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57
Hopefully, this is the right thread. Apologies if not. Just a question regarding the drivers' helmets. I noticed that they had round pink-like stickers with letters on them. Any idea what that was about?
The pink stickers on the helmets are to identify who is the driver under the helmet. EG: Todd Kelly had letter "C" on his helemt, that will be recorded as the driver under the helmet.

Quote:
I don't think so. I know that on Skaifey's race suit it's got AB after his name. I think AB is his blood type. So drivers must have their blood type name on their race suits.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 13:29 (Ref:1701552)   #57
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13
This may sound a little biased, but Dean Canto and Lee Holdsworth drove a great, although not spectacular, race. They simply did what endurance racing requires you to do: stay on the lead lap and out of trouble. If they drive like that at Bathurst, and with the carnage you usually get up there, a top 5 result is not out of the question.
I don't believe that is biased at all... That is absolutely right. They drove a brilliant race, truly worthy of a great mention. Let's hope Bathurst can get a right royal Garry Rogering this year from those two boys .

#10 getting a penalty? Excellent! No offence to Bargs, but you can't just come onto the track right in front of someone like that, even if it is a rookie. Perkins and Price might have gotten a bit higher had they not been stopped for so long. Tratty (or D'Alberto, whoever was in the car) did the right thing and went off into the horse track to get back to racing. Sorry Bargs, great race, but you had that penalty coming.

Actually now that I re-read that, that does sound biased it's 'cause I'm a Perkins fan.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Sep 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1701893)   #58
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As mentioned they usually have it on their race suit, although it's not compulsary, remembering the helmet is the first item removed by medical staff on scene but then again hospitals would do a blood type test and confirm the blood type.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1701899)   #59
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of a driver wearing someone else's ovies, complete with name and blood type...

Just back from holiday, so I missed the live coverage we got (and the wife commandeers all the video tape available whenever we go away). We get the rerun at midnight Tuesday UK time. Video already set.
Old 5 Sep 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1701992)   #60
Formula 5000
Rookie

Formula 5000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were many great drives and yes some quetionable moves and decisions. But you have got to agree that the Sandown 500 had everything and was so close right to the end.

We didn't see all the action but at least Ch 10 stayed with the front runners towards the end. Surely one of the closest and heart stopping finishes for along time.

Great race.
Now if we can just do a little work on the SBR brakes!!!!!!
Old 26 Sep 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1720135)   #61
stewie
Rookie

stewie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kelly brothers

what a race they pulled off at sandown.
And second thats gooooooood!
Old 27 Sep 2006, 03:57 (Ref:1720858)   #62
stewie
Rookie

stewie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bright and winterbottem

the win for jason and mark in the cat ford
at the sandown 500 has stirred my
emotions -I actuallty find it hard to sleep
Old 27 Sep 2006, 04:00 (Ref:1720859)   #63
krusty1
Rookie

krusty1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon they could be in for a chance at Bathurst!!!

"If you really think about, in the great scheme of things all you do is manage to take this lump of steel around in a circle several times a day. You are not that special..." JC- I love it when she puts them back in their box!!!
Old 27 Sep 2006, 05:47 (Ref:1720878)   #64
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Garth Tander no contest. He had that race by the throat, HRT let him down big-time. Tander is a very under-rated driver, in my opinion he is one of the best out there, right up with everybody's crowd favorite Lowndes.
Old 27 Sep 2006, 06:15 (Ref:1720894)   #65
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah GT always comes across as a nice, welcoming sort of guy. Lets hope HRT give him a better car for Bathurst (even though I want the JDR guys to win!)!.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 27 Sep 2006, 06:32 (Ref:1720904)   #66
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Agreed, I think GT could well be the new Holden hero after Skaife.