Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Oct 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1725968)   #151
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walk up to any motorsport fan and they won't be able to tell you what NRL stands for.

There are no other sports.

Fishing maybe.

OK I watch the Tennis in summer, thats it. No egg shaped balls for me. Or "wickets" (whatever they are). Let alone boofheads in short shorts that are for some reason looked upon as heroes.

Last edited by RotorFan; 3 Oct 2006 at 07:30.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1726031)   #152
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=RotorFan]Walk up to any motorsport fan and they won't be able to tell you what NRL stands for.
[QUOTE]
What a load of crap.

One thing about the Bathurst ratings, they may be a bit misleading, particularly as they only count TV's turned onto the event, how many of those TVs will be watched by 5-10 people having a BBQ or an all day drink?
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1726158)   #153
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[quote=mayhem]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
One thing about the Bathurst ratings, they may be a bit misleading, particularly as they only count TV's turned onto the event, how many of those TVs will be watched by 5-10 people having a BBQ or an all day drink?
That is spot on the money. Can't tell you how right you are. We might only have 1.3 odd million TV turned onto the event, but if we have say, an average of 7 people watching every TV, that's...

9.1 million people!! That's nearly half of Australia!

Even with only 5 people watching, it's 6.5 million!!
Even with only 3 people watching, it's 3.9 million!!

Mind boggling when you think that these would probably be the actual figures...

You also have to remember that people would be holding BBQs when the AFL G.F was on too...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Oct 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1726170)   #154
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the rating system works by signalling to the system how many people are watching the tv. this figure is then extropalated out to get the numbers
Old 3 Oct 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1726177)   #155
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In another thread most people who are not going to the race said they will probably watch it alone, as will I.

For the AFL Grand Final I was at a BBQ with twelve blokes and two naked women serving drinks.

I would only get the same guys to a Bathurst BBQ if I guaranteed the girls and I doubt any would be looking at the cars.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1726242)   #156
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heck how do i get invite to that afl grannie party next year! I too went to a bbq with about 15 people. In the past ive been to pubs jam packed. There would be far more grand final partys and pubs would be far more crammed for a footy final compared to bathurst parties im afraid. Same deal goes for me, i would go to a bbq for bathurst and be lucky to get a third of what turned up grand final day.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 23:19 (Ref:1727039)   #157
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So footy bbq's are an intellectual affair I gather?

I wonder what the collective IQ was at that BBQ!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1727079)   #158
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
So footy bbq's are an intellectual affair I gather?

I wonder what the collective IQ was at that BBQ!

I'm not sure anyone wins if you start comparing the IQs of football and V8 crowds.

But if you want to compare naked girls serving drinks and grid girls holding umbrellas I know what I prefer. I’m getting thirsty thinking about it.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 01:22 (Ref:1727086)   #159
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
I'm not sure anyone wins if you start comparing the IQs of football and V8 crowds.

But if you want to compare naked girls serving drinks and grid girls holding umbrellas I know what I prefer. I’m getting thirsty thinking about it.
I'm with you dsg.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 05:57 (Ref:1727177)   #160
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a measure of comparison; the mighty $

Is there anyone out there who buys advertising - how do the rates for the events compare?

Can they be compared as the footy codes have different appeal by state?

You can speculate, but do you know?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1727370)   #161
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Is there anyone out there who buys advertising - how do the rates for the events compare?

Can they be compared as the footy codes have different appeal by state?

You can speculate, but do you know?
This info is 12 months old but gives you an idea.

A 30 second advertisement during peak television ratings period costs an average of $13,000 to $25,000. Off peak periods, or during television programs with lesser viewer ratings, the same 30 second advertising slots attract fees of around $600 to $1300.