Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2791520)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6hrs of Spa Francorchamps - 2011

The annual pilgrimage to Spa:

Support races to be added.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2791549)   #2
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, what is the deeper meaning by FIA 6hrs of Spa? I mean FIA?
Old 16 Nov 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2791562)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good question Esper

you can go back to sleep now
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2791687)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is an FIA event. Or it was. I can always edit it if not.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:38 (Ref:2791690)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats not strictly true Peter,more's the pity! It is alledged to be for FIA Compliant car's,but we all know different to that.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2791697)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It used to be when they ran the Touring Car series but I guess when that fell away they dropped it. I'll edit the title.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2820367)   #7
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa 6 Hours 23-25th Sept 2011

Regulations and entry forms out today.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 14:46 (Ref:2820395)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was just reading them and trying to understand the relevance of some of the regs - 18 mill spark plugs for Ford V8's - will this be bad for Mustangs?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 14:59 (Ref:2820402)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Flipping heck Jeremy you came out of the traps fast. Terry 's been caught napping.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:36 (Ref:2820415)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its his age Iain
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2820418)   #11
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Its his age Iain
What do you mean I get my pension in June. Bet Terry's behind me on that-probably paying for it!!
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2820419)   #12
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
I was just reading them and trying to understand the relevance of some of the regs - 18 mill spark plugs for Ford V8's - will this be bad for Mustangs?
Just means they all have to run period-not WP big valve cylinder heads.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2820420)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I think that translates as "yes" Simon.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 15:55 (Ref:2820421)   #14
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
interesting - will it hinder power or reliability or both?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2820425)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Does it apply to GT40s, Cobras and other Ford V8s too?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2820434)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just read them. It does. Also I note the wheel sizes for GT40s have been defined (for period F).

Looks like a Jag Fest this year then.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2820450)   #17
Jeremy Hall
Racer

For those of you who didn't read the regs last year -Mallet/Drabble etc-they are the same as last year.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2820456)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
You read much younger Jeremy

big valve modern heads are bound to produce less power simon

if they're modern narrow stem ultralight weight nascar type valves then reliability is bound to be an issue as well, they'll go on for weeks!

re regs, hasn't it always been to FiA App K pre66 regs?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 18:01 (Ref:2820459)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
With electronic ignition too! No need to read them before.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2820471)   #20
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hall View Post
What do you mean I get my pension in June. Bet Terry's behind me on that-probably paying for it!!
Cracker.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 19:17 (Ref:2820492)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Flipping heck Jeremy you came out of the traps fast. Terry 's been caught napping.

Caught napping or lack of interest? Germany calling this year.
Your right Jeremy,I am behind you in the age stake's. [Come to think of it,I'm behind quite a few other poster's in that as well.

Looks like a mistake has been made concerning ZZs,there's NO mention of minimum aspect ratio!!
Old 26 Jan 2011, 08:20 (Ref:2820693)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
There's a coincidence I was explaining to Martin about ZZ Top the other day when they were on Radio 2. Sorry Tel "you Young up start"
Old 26 Jan 2011, 08:27 (Ref:2820698)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Bedroom THang . . . .great song from their first album

If silly wheels and tyres crept in ZZ top would probably turn up in Eliminator
Old 26 Jan 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2820700)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Apology accepted Iain I cannot be bothered with Spa this year,becoming much too much like Goodwood for my liking. Very annoying as Vincent and Alaine do not need to worry about filling the grid so why accept Hooky car's ?
If current plan's go north,then I will do Gent Drivers but not the 6hr,probably on my own though.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2820987)   #25
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am happy! with a price gone up to 3000euro we will probably get a 6hours race again instead of the 5 hours versions of the last years