Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Jul 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3754504)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2018 NASCAR Cup Series silly season

o- Dale Earnhardt Jr will retire, and Alex Bowman will replace him at the #88 Hendrick Chevrolet.
o- Erik Jones will replace Matt Kenseth at the #20 Gibbs Toyota
o- Ryan Blaney will drive the #12 Penske Ford as third driver, and Paul Menard will drive the at #21 Wood Brothers Ford.
o- Matt Kenseth, Ty Dillon, Cole Whitt and Danica Patrick have no rides.
o- Stewart-Haas has the #10 unconfirmed.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3754528)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick no ride? she is sponsor magnet and should get one easy, but not the hot shoe (lots of bad luck too) anyone expected or hoped for.
All for the best, i am sure she can get one- if the #10 is empty still a sponsor deal can get her there.

the dillon either one will always have a ride if they want it. they don't have to be that good, just enough.
i am surprise about kenseth, but like Edwards not doing this anymore, maybe kenseth is over it.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3754549)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring View Post
Patrick no ride? she USED TO BE A sponsor magnet and should get one easy, but not the hot shoe (lots of bad luck too) anyone expected or hoped for.
All for the best, i am sure she can get one- if the #10 is empty still a sponsor deal can get her there.

the dillon either one will always have a ride if they want it. they don't have to be that good, just enough.
i am surprise about kenseth, but like Edwards not doing this anymore, maybe kenseth is over it.
She has had the last two sponsors cut races or leave completely so I wouldn't say there's a line forming at the door any longer for her. I wouldn't be surprised to see her have a mixed sponsor year but everyone on the Cup circuit seems to need at least 1 fill-in sponsor to make it.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 22:09 (Ref:3754585)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danica's not good behind the wheel. Seriously. It's not because she's a women; Neilson, Legge and De Silvestro, off the top of head, are much more talented. Others like Fisher, Guthrie and St. James provided more consistent results with less.

What's the Princess done? Won 1 race on fuel mileage a decade ago? She was Marco Andretti good and was the Elliott Sadler of the IRL. And she's not produced much in Stockcars. A pole a Daytona? What else?

Here's her stats:
5 years of racing in NASCAR
Cup - Races / Top 10s / Poles / Wins
174 / 7 / 1 / 0

Busch/Nationwide/Xfinity - Races / Top 10s / Poles / Wins
61 / 7 / 1 / 0

7 years in IRL
Races / Podiums / Poles / Wins
115 / 7 / 3 / 1

Janet Guthrie had 33 races in the Cup series and had 5 top tens. Janet and Danica both have the highest placement of a female in the Cup series and that's 6th. Good for them!

Fact is, her car isn't on TV unless it's wrecking. Hard to sponsor that now that the "gimmick" has worn off.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3754703)   #5
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Patrick no ride? she is sponsor magnet and should get one easy, but not the hot shoe (lots of bad luck too) anyone expected or hoped for.
She not only lost two sponsors, but also her team had a nasty lawsuit because the sponsor refused to pay. She was advertising a similar product from a competitor.
http://www.espn.co.uk/racing/nascar/...ck-sponsorship
Her car is top notch and her team mates run at the front whilst she is completely average.
She has never won a stock car race in any series, and has only won one car race ever in her entire career. This includes Formula Vauxhall, Formula Ford, Toyota Atlantic.
If Stewart Haas drop her she may get a ride in second rate team desperate for sponsors, but will be at the back.
The fairy story of the pretty little girl taking on the nasty good ole boy rednecks at their own game is nearly over.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3754720)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
She not only lost two sponsors, but also her team had a nasty lawsuit because the sponsor refused to pay. She was advertising a similar product from a competitor.
http://www.espn.co.uk/racing/nascar/...ck-sponsorship
Her car is top notch and her team mates run at the front whilst she is completely average.
She has never won a stock car race in any series, and has only won one car race ever in her entire career. This includes Formula Vauxhall, Formula Ford, Toyota Atlantic.
If Stewart Haas drop her she may get a ride in second rate team desperate for sponsors, but will be at the back.
The fairy story of the pretty little girl taking on the nasty good ole boy rednecks at their own game is nearly over.
All that is true, the stats speak clearly, I am no fanboy either, I just was looking at all racers she is average and more household name, lots of drivers are avg and keep rides for a long time doing nothing- just a glimmer of hope, with her everyone is hopeful it seems from the booth to the media and half the fans.
But look at Michael waltrips career, that was a slog, but in the end a good investment for all I seems

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3754758)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Danica got 34 top sixes in 115 IndyCar races. It's not amazing, but neither a Milka Duno.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 17:49 (Ref:3754795)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
All that is true, the stats speak clearly, I am no fanboy either, I just was looking at all racers she is average and more household name, lots of drivers are avg and keep rides for a long time doing nothing- just a glimmer of hope, with her everyone is hopeful it seems from the booth to the media and half the fans.
But look at Michael waltrips career, that was a slog, but in the end a good investment for all I seems

This is a very valid point - someone who rode something other than actual talent for their entire NASCAR career. However, Mikey got put in the right cars at the right time and won at the only places those cars could. It's possible, but highly unlikely for Danica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Danica got 34 top sixes in 115 IndyCar races. It's not amazing, but neither a Milka Duno.
I work for a Venezuelan (recent US citizen) and have a new level of disrespect for Ms Duno (and Pastor). Way OT, here, but she's on a level all her own on abilities behind the wheel.

In an attempt to bring this back, how many more years does Kennseth have? He's consistently been his consist self, but I'm sure a team would put him in their car for at least one year.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3754802)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
This is a very valid point - someone who rode something other than actual talent for their entire NASCAR career. However, Mikey got put in the right cars at the right time and won at the only places those cars could. It's possible, but highly unlikely for Danica.

In an attempt to bring this back, how many more years does Kennseth have? He's consistently been his consist self, but I'm sure a team would put him in their car for at least one year.
Mikey def rode the Daytona specials for all he could and managed to get wins in them, sadly she could not do the same and seems to have let it get to her with her team.

If they went back to the old rules Kenseth could drive forever but the new rules just don't favor the Kenseth/T Labonte championship runs of few wins but lots of finishes.
Old 28 Jul 2017, 05:27 (Ref:3754948)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Mikey def rode the Daytona specials for all he could and managed to get wins in them, sadly she could not do the same and seems to have let it get to her with her team.

If they went back to the old rules Kenseth could drive forever but the new rules just don't favor the Kenseth/T Labonte championship runs of few wins but lots of finishes.
I really don't know what is going on, NASCAR needs to have guys who will last another generation and win, then we will talk about Jimmy the great, and such.
But who do we have coming up from Xfinity or Trucks, with the cup teams still playing in that sand box it is hard to get new drivers up front alot.
I am surprised jj yelley hasn't turned his immense talent into something more off dirt. Where is he and no one is coaching him? And what of Trevor bayne he wins the biggest race and don't hear much- is he a lock for next season?

Old 28 Jul 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3755188)   #11
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And another shoe drops, Target leaving CGR in Nascar as well, although with them leaving his Indy team was this much of a surprise?

From the article:

SBD reports that CGR has a multi-race sponsor for the season that is new to both the team and the sport that it will introduce in the coming weeks.

Target isn't leaving the sports landscape; the company announced in January it would shift its focus to soccer.
"As we looked to evolve our sports marketing program, soccer provided Target with a unique opportunity to reach our guests in new places, and at all levels of the sport," Target said in a statement. "Through partnerships with Major League Soccer, Minnesota United FC, US Youth Soccer and the U.S. Soccer Foundation, Target has been able to create meaningful connections with players, fans and families, no matter how they participate in the sport."
Old 28 Jul 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3755194)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And another shoe drops, Target leaving CGR in Nascar as well, although with them leaving his Indy team was this much of a surprise?

From the article:

SBD reports that CGR has a multi-race sponsor for the season that is new to both the team and the sport that it will introduce in the coming weeks.

Target isn't leaving the sports landscape; the company announced in January it would shift its focus to soccer.
"As we looked to evolve our sports marketing program, soccer provided Target with a unique opportunity to reach our guests in new places, and at all levels of the sport," Target said in a statement. "Through partnerships with Major League Soccer, Minnesota United FC, US Youth Soccer and the U.S. Soccer Foundation, Target has been able to create meaningful connections with players, fans and families, no matter how they participate in the sport."
Well, that seals the deal with my youngest. He won't care about any racing now.

He cheers for the Target car. Was a Dixon "fan" and now a Larson "fan" because of the Target of hood / sidepods (and because Kyle does donuts with the steering wheel hanging out the window).

Sad day.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3755427)   #13
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
I really don't know what is going on, NASCAR needs to have guys who will last another generation and win, then we will talk about Jimmy the great, and such.
But who do we have coming up from Xfinity or Trucks, with the cup teams still playing in that sand box it is hard to get new drivers up front alot.
I am surprised jj yelley hasn't turned his immense talent into something more off dirt. Where is he and no one is coaching him? And what of Trevor bayne he wins the biggest race and don't hear much- is he a lock for next season?

I would have to disagree. I have watched every Xfinity and Truck race this year, and to me the field is full of great young drivers. The racing has been really good and they are all very professional.
Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, and the Dillon boys are in their early twenties. Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, Erik Jones and Alex Bowman have already made it to Cup. Cole Custer looks set for the #10 because his father is a VIP at SHR, and he can wheel a stock car just fine.
William Byron beat Menard, Logano, and Busch to win the Xfinity at Indy.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3755469)   #14
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
I would have to disagree. I have watched every Xfinity and Truck race this year, and to me the field is full of great young drivers. The racing has been really good and they are all very professional.
Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, Ryan Blaney, and the Dillon boys are in their early twenties. Bubba Wallace, Chris Buescher, Erik Jones and Alex Bowman have already made it to Cup. Cole Custer looks set for the #10 because his father is a VIP at SHR, and he can wheel a stock car just fine.
William Byron beat Menard, Logano, and Busch to win the Xfinity at Indy.
Yes I will did see Indy and that was a good race too. But as always the up and comers have to deal with the bushwackers, there is a good crop of new drivers there always is, it is the nurturing of track heros out side of a few and some we get pushed at us for new demographic hopes, Danica being I think the best example, a good driver an ok racer, a woman to capture alot of the other halves- more so than a super talent,
The target new is terrible, after 30 years with CGR, a great sponsor and look to the race cars, Indy and otherwise, yes sponsors come and go but this was an institution like Budweiser, Martinit or Gulf on racecars. It'll go on, the sting for me is in the 'soccer' move, the USA doesn't play the sport to push it, generations don't care and it is a popular fun game but not despite the effort going to be the premier or seria A or bundesliga, it was ignored for a century and will take a century to bring it back, target is moving less money to sponsor soccer than one team in Nascar, they may as well mention the spiralling costs there, every year it goes nuts, but this may be a different topic.

Any one hear rumors of Amazon sponsoring Chip Ganassi ? I just read it, a story friend of a friends cousin sort of thing from Chip's shop.

Old 1 Aug 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3756769)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ask and you shall receive, les bushwhacking in store for 2018.

Drivers over 5 years experience in Cup are limited to 7 Busch and 5 truck events a season now. And: "Additionally, Cup drivers, regardless of experience, will be ineligible to compete in "Dash 4 Cash" races in the Xfinity Series. Those same drivers are also not allowed to compete in the regular-season finale or playoff races for each of those series."
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3756779)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Kurt Busch will not be renewed for the #41 SHR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...rt-haas-racing
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3756781)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Drivers over 5 years experience in Cup are limited to 7 Busch and 5 truck events a season now. And: "Additionally, Cup drivers, regardless of experience, will be ineligible to compete in "Dash 4 Cash" races in the Xfinity Series. Those same drivers are also not allowed to compete in the regular-season finale or playoff races for each of those series."
The two lower series (especially the Xfinity) are just so watered down with the 4 or 5 Cup drivers dominating the series but not in championship. This is the first positive I've seen from these clowns in a while.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3756990)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Kurt Busch will not be renewed for the #41 SHR.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cu...rt-haas-racing
They basically said not renewed but he will be with them next year in the same car so maybe a pay cut is in store for the elder sister.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3756995)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
They basically said not renewed but he will be with them next year in the same car so maybe a pay cut is in store for the elder sister.
Huh. Well, I don't give flying ....

Old 5 Aug 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3757537)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Mixed feelings about this. Yes it's annoying when Cup drivers are dominating the races but on the other hand it's making the series more interesting when talents drive against Cup drivers.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3757542)   #21
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Mixed feelings about this. Yes it's annoying when Cup drivers are dominating the races but on the other hand it's making the series more interesting when talents drive against Cup drivers.
Me too. I like seeing the Cup drivers in the Xfinity and Trucks. If someone can sweep the weekend at Bristol and win 1000 laps of racing, that's awesome, and maximum respect to them.
I'm not particularly fond of him as a person, but Busch in the black Monster #54 will always be my favourite stock car.
Old 5 Aug 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3757564)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I don't mind one in every other race and I get why they do it; they want to race and win and win money and race. Who wouldn't? It's just taken so much away from those series, especially when they start effing around with the championships, not that there's really a true "champion" anymore...
Old 5 Aug 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3757574)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
After Gordon, Dale and Edwards retired, Nascar needs new starts. It's important to have Xfinity winners to graduate to Cup.

Who knows Kevin Conway, Stephen Leicht and Brett Moffitt? They were Nascar Cup Rookies of the Year this decade.

Austin Dillon was the 2013 Nationwide champion, and he didn't win any race. How could anyone promote him?
Old 6 Aug 2017, 03:26 (Ref:3757660)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, NaBUru38 makes a great point.

I just watched Keso, Capt Snothead and Sliced Doosh dominate a feeder series race. Again, I get why they do it (I would, too), but didn't hear about any of the other drivers during the race unless they were spinning. Not doing well to get younger drivers more air time and more popularity. Not good for the future of the series; any of the three.
Old 8 Aug 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3758108)   #25
gttouring
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
After Gordon, Dale and Edwards retired, Nascar needs new starts. It's important to have Xfinity winners to graduate to Cup.

Who knows Kevin Conway, Stephen Leicht and Brett Moffitt? They were Nascar Cup Rookies of the Year this decade.

Austin Dillon was the 2013 Nationwide champion, and he didn't win any race. How could anyone promote him?
This is a big deal to me too,why not promote these guys, and see what works and use it. The Glen road race was a sell out and freaking awesome to watch, but they can't or won't do other races like this but try rovals?!
Anyway,Kasey kahne wins the Brickyard is in the championship automatically and can't keep his ride? And truex is putting on a master class this year and if he doesn't win the championship well silly season all year

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk