Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Sep 2017, 23:17 (Ref:3770408)   #26
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame about the Cadillacs. I haven't been able to watch the last few seasons thanks to their terrible streaming/media deal but I've always wanted to, mainly because of that car (and the NSX this season). I like the series that actually have unique GT3 entries instead of the same-y feeling mix of R8s and Huracans and AMG GTs and so on that every series has a half-dozen or more of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
No more Caddies and Realtime potentially dropping down to TCR... might be time to go back to mixed GT3 & GT4 fields?
This, please.

Honestly, when they first split the classes up it killed a portion of my interest for the series. It was a good idea at places like St. Pete and Long Beach, but the rest of the schedule didn't need it.

It would really add some excitement back into the series and make it a bit unique again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
DSC are suggesting PWC really want some Callaway C7 R's on the grid next year, and DSC seems to be optimistic GM will now allow that to happen
Back when it was announced that GM was blocking entry of the Callaway cars in US series, it was mentioned that it caused some backers of the project to withdraw their support, which delayed the car a bit. Maybe if it's allowed entry those same parties would be interested again?
Old 28 Sep 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3770409)   #27
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bummer about the Caddies. I didn't really want to like the ATS-V, but after seeing it in person I couldn't help but be impressed. Hopefully Johnny O can land a ride with another team. (how about in a GT3 Vette.)
Old 29 Sep 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3770416)   #28
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
News about the Cadillacs really sucks. Leaves a really big hole in the paddock.

Hopefully the drivers and crew will be able to get more work soon.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3770603)   #29
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
DSC are suggesting PWC really want some Callaway C7 R's on the grid next year
What PWC really wants is just to have a committed field of 25 cars in GT for the whole season and then another 5 that drop in once in a while. They want BMW and Lambo because those cars are residing here in the US right now and come with support. Plus they really want GT4 to have 30 full time cars running too. They really want Ford and more Camaros. Then wanting to have 15 TCR cars on the grid and make sure that TC doesn't turn into Spec M235iRacing (which it is). That's what they really want, not to spend their time on a lone C7 that probably won't pan out anyway and short sighted.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 19:05 (Ref:3770614)   #30
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
WELL SAID

With the Caddy news, they must be more accessible or they risk losing the great product they have put together.

I honestly never liked the Caddy programme, it was against the customer style of GT3

I'm fine with Factory support and factory drivers, but if you don't even sell your cars it's completely against the original ethos of GT3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fairness, Cadillac was in World Challenge long before they adopted GT3 regulations. I was surprised they built the car at all.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3770629)   #31
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
In fairness, Cadillac was in World Challenge long before they adopted GT3 regulations. I was surprised they built the car at all.
So was Porsche. Caddy got around the whole thing because you can actually run a GT3 car for about a year to develop it and then start selling it to others. It's that "we are not homologated yet but we want to race". If I run a Porsche, I have to run it as homologated by Porsche. Not just keep changing things because they car is not good enough. Plus if I run a Porsche, it's pretty obvious that if I change something as opposed to every other one out there, the word will get out. As for a Caddy, what do you compare it to? It's not like the competition will figure it out.

As for BoP to fix it, that doesn't happen plus GM knows they can't decimate the competition because they learned that lesson years ago (remember WC when they started or the GT1 Corvettes) as all of the competition goes away.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3770632)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
So was Porsche. Caddy got around the whole thing because you can actually run a GT3 car for about a year to develop it and then start selling it to others. It's that "we are not homologated yet but we want to race". If I run a Porsche, I have to run it as homologated by Porsche. Not just keep changing things because they car is not good enough. Plus if I run a Porsche, it's pretty obvious that if I change something as opposed to every other one out there, the word will get out. As for a Caddy, what do you compare it to? It's not like the competition will figure it out.

As for BoP to fix it, that doesn't happen plus GM knows they can't decimate the competition because they learned that lesson years ago (remember WC when they started or the GT1 Corvettes) as all of the competition goes away.
GM provided a lot of support to World Challenge after Audi left and they desperately needed it, is my point. I'm not sure who will take that up but I haven't followed PWC closely in several years. I'm sure Cadillac was allowed to bend some rules, but I'm positive I read that the ATSV.R was homologated.

I remember GT1 well. I remember Viper kicking everyone's teeth in for years. Corvette "domination" is not what led to that class' downfall, but that's a conversation for another thread.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3770638)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
GM provided a lot of support to World Challenge after Audi left and they desperately needed it, is my point. I'm not sure who will take that up but I haven't followed PWC closely in several years. I'm sure Cadillac was allowed to bend some rules, but I'm positive I read that the ATSV.R was homologated.
It is, via the Ladoux homologation tests.

L.P.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 22:59 (Ref:3770642)   #34
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
DSC are suggesting PWC really want some Callaway C7 R's on the grid next year, and DSC seems to be optimistic GM will now allow that to happen

That wasn't about next year specifically but rather in general.

The short of it is not only the Corvette the only American brand in GT3, because Callaway actually has its main operations in the US for selling modified GM vehicles through dealers they also have and plan to use the capability to have one of only a couple GT3 cars built in America. That means it could become to North America what the Nismo GT3 is to Japan.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:05 (Ref:3770644)   #35
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Callaway now cleared by GM to sell C7 GT3 into IMSA GTD and PWC - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...n-the-usa.html
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3770649)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Callaway now cleared by GM to sell C7 GT3 into IMSA GTD and PWC - http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...n-the-usa.html
I think that is pretty damn good news!

L.P.
Old 29 Sep 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3770650)   #37
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I think that is pretty damn good news!

L.P.

Well I second that, cracking looking and sounding car

Hope to see it in PWC then next year

Old 30 Sep 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3770653)   #38
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Wow, that's fantastic to hear! Hope PWC gets one or two!
Old 30 Sep 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3770736)   #39
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice to hear that there is a silver lining to the Cadillac news.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 16:15 (Ref:3770756)   #40
jjvincent
Racer

Too bad the C8 is coming out next year. So a tuner C7 is nice but now the real trick is if someone will actually buy one and run it (remember how excited we all were when the Reiter Camaro was allowed to run in PWC). Sort of like a BMW or Lambo. Nobody runs one in PWC, yet they could.
Old 2 Oct 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3771283)   #41
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Too bad the C8 is coming out next year. So a tuner C7 is nice but now the real trick is if someone will actually buy one and run it (remember how excited we all were when the Reiter Camaro was allowed to run in PWC). Sort of like a BMW or Lambo. Nobody runs one in PWC, yet they could.
DIME ran a Lambo at VIR. Wasn't it 3R that bought the Reiter Camaro after they lost the KPAX deal, they were just looking for a customer or something.
Old 3 Oct 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3771548)   #42
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
-
Old 5 Oct 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3771898)   #43
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
full spec TCR confirmed http://nasportscar.com/pirelli-world...for-new-class/
Old 5 Oct 2017, 00:41 (Ref:3771902)   #44
jjvincent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
DIME ran a Lambo at VIR. Wasn't it 3R that bought the Reiter Camaro after they lost the KPAX deal, they were just looking for a customer or something.
I'm not talking about a one off or something dreamed up in their head, but actual cars that are actually running over a season.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3773287)   #45
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Via Eversley ....

L.P.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3773522)   #46
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Blackdog Speed Shop might be interested in this:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/do...r-in-imsa-pwc/

Hopefully we'll see this car in PWC next year!
Old 20 Oct 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3775313)   #47
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope that we don't lose CRP Racing to IMSA for next year, although this seems less likely:

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14515...ototype-switch

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/cr...witch-to-lmp2/

And Magnus Racing also, although this seems more likely:

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ma...eturn-in-2018/
Old 25 Oct 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3776402)   #48
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Some good news for the GTS class. ST racing and Fast Track Racing (aka.Classic BMW) have apparently purchased GT4 spec M4s. Also Turner motorsport claims that they will be racing in both PWC and ctscc.
http://sportscar365.com/other-series...iveries-begin/
Old 25 Oct 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3776407)   #49
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Some good news for the GTS class. ST racing and Fast Track Racing (aka.Classic BMW) have apparently purchased GT4 spec M4s. Also Turner motorsport claims that they will be racing in both PWC and ctscc.
http://sportscar365.com/other-series...iveries-begin/
Precision Driving also has a BMW GT4
Old 5 Nov 2017, 02:38 (Ref:3778686)   #50
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
STR has a render of their BMW M4 GT4 in team colors (Tap the right hand arrow on the picture):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbCm3x_H...worldchallenge

Also, looks like Nicolai Elghanayan, who drove a Lotus in TC at Laguna, has a KTM XBow GT4. Could be an ex-Mantella car, based on his other Instagram posts. https://www.instagram.com/p/BbAECSJA...by=nicolai0912

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 5 Nov 2017 at 02:48.