Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Aug 2002, 13:52 (Ref:362055)   #1
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

JohnnyBravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull Team USA (nee Jaguar Racing!)

Well the rumour mill is red hot again, has anyone out there got any news of a more substantial nature as to the potential new home of Mr. Red Bull's money.
He spent a lot of time with Mr. Lauda at the weekend and speculation mounts of an Austrian buyout??????????
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:10 (Ref:362073)   #2
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lauda is quoted on F1-live as saying that he has a firm contract for 2003, so yes, he will be moving on
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:32 (Ref:362083)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lAUDA just said that the reason they were talking is because they were old friends !....anyone beleive that ?
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:41 (Ref:362088)   #4
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

In a word......
No!
It doesn't look good for Lauda. I would guess the only contract he has is the one that ensures he get a multi million dollar pay off when he gets sacked!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:43 (Ref:362090)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If that happens, sadly, Lauda will destroy another stable team...
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:49 (Ref:362096)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know weve been over this a million times before....but i really think Lauda jumped into quickly with the attitude that he knows better . They should have at least gave Rahal the chance to show what he could do...they only gave him 10 months or something .
and that is Lauda's fault.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 14:58 (Ref:362103)   #7
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why do all the rumours around at the moment involve Jaguar ok there doing **** and ok thats partly due to Lauda jumping in an put his big feet in. But has no one ever heard the saying ROME wasn't built in a day.
Before anyone says it I know its been 3 years but 3 different managers as well there starting to move forward!

For example before Irvine went out on sunday he was the 4th fastest man on the track so I have every faith in Jaguar for next season theres already been a marked improve so will everyone please get of our backs
Old 20 Aug 2002, 15:04 (Ref:362108)   #8
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its not really been just 3 years. This is a team which was inherited (bought) from Jackie Stewart. Stewart were starting to go places and with Jaguar's money, they should by now be competing for wins. I'm a fan of Lauda, much as I was a fan of Prost, but great drivers don't always make great (or even good) team bosses.

It'll be interesting to see how MS goes, when and if he moves into management!! I've no doubt he will be well able to master the management side too.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 15:34 (Ref:362136)   #9
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

"Get off our backs" BennyBoy, do I detect a certain amount of vested interest?
It may be 3 years and 3 Bosses but they're still headless and as I stated in an earlier thread, at the crucial time for development of a new car they have changed desinger chiefs again!
Stability is the key, how long before they realise this?

Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:22 (Ref:362163)   #10
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
"Get off our backs" BennyBoy, do I detect a certain amount of vested interest?
Sorry get of there backs

but I have every faith the boys will be better next year
even in the top 5
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:26 (Ref:362165)   #11
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by BennyBoy1978
but I have every faith the boys will be better next year
even in the top 5
Bennyboy: as the song goes "things can only get better"
(well they could get worse, but not much worse)
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:28 (Ref:362166)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry bit naive there BennyBoy. If Jordan get equal engines to Jaguar, they will be well ahead. There's no evidence that next year's car will be any better than this year's monstrosity that Arrows beat with earlier engine evolutions and no money.

Stability is the key, and on that note I think Luada shoulg get a bit longer to turn it around. Sacking Bobby Rahal was defiantely the wrong move.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 17:15 (Ref:362200)   #13
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back to the topic: I see nothing unusual about Mateschitsz and Lauda speaking. They are two Austrian Businessmen of a similar age. However, with the probable demise of Arrows, Marteschitz selling of his shares in Sauber, the desire that Deiter M. has of creatiung an "American" presence in F1 may be best served by a new sponsorship deal with Jaguar, that most "American" of F1 Teams due to Ford ownership. Couple that with Ford's recent declaration that each division must be financially self-sufficient and I say we have the makings of a plausible rumour.

What Jag needs more than anything is stability. I was a big fan of Niki the driver but so much of Niki the manager, but additonal money, an Austrian Sponsor and a Mark Webber just might be the ticket for improved fortunes in 2003.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 17:25 (Ref:362208)   #14
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The word on the street is that Richie Hearn and Terry Borrcheler will be testing an F1 car later this year. I assumed it was minardi or Arrows, but maybe it's Jaguar.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 17:36 (Ref:362221)   #15
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
WHO???
Old 20 Aug 2002, 18:33 (Ref:362266)   #16
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Terry Borcheler! Maybe not Hearn, because he got hurt during an IRL race! Terry Borcheler is a bad ass!
Old 21 Aug 2002, 08:07 (Ref:362708)   #17
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry Borchelors a sportscar driver isnt he?
Old 21 Aug 2002, 14:45 (Ref:362999)   #18
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either Vasser or Andretti would eat Hearn/Borchelors lunch. As Jacques proved, it doesn't take all that long to make the transition to F1.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 14:19 (Ref:363688)   #19
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

Those names cannot seriously be mentioned in connection with an F1 seat, can they...........
Old 22 Aug 2002, 15:47 (Ref:363724)   #20
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Borcheller may not be _so_ unlikely. Hearn's probably just a PR thing.

Sports car and touring car drivers _should_ have a fair shot in the driver search.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 16:00 (Ref:363731)   #21
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trouble is nobody wants to design for Jag, particularly after the Jordan announcement, as they feel that it's only a matter of time before Ford kick it into touch altogether and it end's up as a privateer effort on half a shoestring.

Lauda's even considered Oastler as a designer for goodness sake.......I read he is trying to tempt John Barnard, but he and the cars he designs eat cash.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 16:17 (Ref:363740)   #22
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

M.O. would be about par for the course! After Steve Nichols!!!
Better off trying a new young talent (are there any?????)
Old 22 Aug 2002, 16:39 (Ref:363751)   #23
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
heres a question ....if anyone knows the answer ?

?approx how much money has Jaguar spent in the last 3 years ? because they do have a healthy budget dont they .

anyone know ?
Old 22 Aug 2002, 19:37 (Ref:363870)   #24
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Emm...the mentioned drivers aren't even good enough for Cart... mind you they're probably as good as some of the people that have been stuck in Minardi's over the past few years...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 22 Aug 2002, 20:38 (Ref:363916)   #25
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
http://sports.yahoo.com/m/sm/news/re...ingjaguar.html

Ford-owned Formula One team Jaguar is not for sale, the company's group vice president Richard Parry-Jones said.

The BBC reported that Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz, boss of soft drink company Red Bull, was in talks with Ford's top-level management about buying the team, but the American motor giant denies it is on the verge of pulling out of the project.

"Ford Motor Company management is not in negotiations and is not planning on the sale of Jaguar Racing," a Jaguar spokesman, speaking to Reuters on Thursday, quoted Parry-Jones as saying.

Jordan will run with Ford's blue oval on the side of their car next year, but it is not a full works deal.

It is now likely that Ford will work with Jaguar for at least the next year while providing some funding to Jordan before deciding which team to back in the long term.