Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1053820)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lydden Hill CTCRC Aug 7th and 8th

Has anyone got their race entries yet . . . .I've not yet seen anything, provisional timetable put the classic saloons on Sunday morning and the allcomers sunday afternoon . . . . I dont want to roll up Sun morning and have missed it becvause it was Saturday !
Old 2 Aug 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1054234)   #2
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have received nothing apart from confirmation of entry.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1054348)   #3
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't think they started until 12:30 on Sundays at Lydden, or has that changed now?
Old 3 Aug 2004, 07:45 (Ref:1054746)   #4
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Morning of 3rd and I still don't have my final instructions, but then the post has been rubbish recently so not too worried. Don't think anything has changed about Sunday... no running before midday.

My provisional programme with the entry form puts the BARC/CTCRC Classic saloons as first race on SATURDAY and the Allcomers Saloon & Sports on SUNDAY AFTERNOON
Old 3 Aug 2004, 10:07 (Ref:1054867)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
bloody hell . . . .so no one knows whats going on ? Ive called the BARC and left a message, I'd like to know what day to turn up at least !
Old 3 Aug 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1054892)   #6
Flat Out Farr
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Denham, Bedfordshire
Flat Out Farr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
As far as I am aware, the Track and Race Car races are on Saturday.Finals should be coming through today or tomorrow. If you are races are designated to take place on Sunday, there is no racing until 12.00, due to the planning requirments for the circuit. The church service takes place in the local village, so it is a deal that exists; Diplomacy and tact must occur to save the anti-noise people from ruining our days out racing. We cannot afford to lose any more venues. We should be able to race at Goodwood, which is a brilliant circuit I have sprinte at many times in the past, but cannot, due to the NIMBIES influencing the local council!
Old 3 Aug 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1055107)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I think scrutineering at 10.30 and practice at 11.30 on Sunday as the rules have been relaxed slightly. I still havn't got anything yet but then again I didn't enter until last night.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1055351)   #8
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the saloons, except Classic Thunder and some Jags, are on Saturday (including the allcomers, which has been combined with open sports and saloons). On Sunday nothing can happen until 12.30 and must finish by 6 pm.Finals were posted by first class Royal Snail yesterday.
Old 3 Aug 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1055435)   #9
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Joe you are race one Classic Sal. and Hist. Tour. Sign on Sat 07.30. Qually 09.00
Old 3 Aug 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1055646)   #10
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it all gets sorted out quickly - cos I'm looking forward to this - it should be a cracker!
Old 4 Aug 2004, 07:09 (Ref:1055811)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
thanks all . . . .info recieved last night, early start Sat, but the allcomers is race 7 and race 11 . . . .so that could mean 3 signatures on one day ??? If so Its Nat A here we come . . .and Spa here we come :clap:
Old 4 Aug 2004, 10:19 (Ref:1055959)   #12
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm entered for Grp1, but for the first time in 5 years I'm a reserve (and 2nd reserve at that!).
I hate to cast misfortune on another fellow competitor, but is anyone privy to info that may mean that 2 folks are unable to compete?
Its a long way for me to travel if I'm not going to race!
Old 4 Aug 2004, 12:27 (Ref:1056085)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
are you suggesting sabotage, if so how much are you willing to pay !

only joking . . . .you can bet your bottom dollar someone will crash and or burn, if my last CTCRC meet was anything to go by there where more cars in paddock hill bend gravel than in the paddock by the end of the day !
Old 4 Aug 2004, 14:59 (Ref:1056225)   #14
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Does anyone know the race number for the JEC Proteus and Revival on Saturday?
Old 4 Aug 2004, 17:06 (Ref:1056318)   #15
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Yes
Old 4 Aug 2004, 17:29 (Ref:1056348)   #16
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by dtype38
Yes
That's OK then
Old 4 Aug 2004, 17:36 (Ref:1056352)   #17
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
Pleased to have been able to help. Any other info you'd like to know from the final instructions sent to those who have actually entered the meeting, please feel free to ask.
Old 4 Aug 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1056504)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by dtype38
Pleased to have been able to help. Any other info you'd like to know from the final instructions sent to those who have actually entered the meeting, please feel free to ask.
Its OK, i'll wait till someone sensible comes along
Old 4 Aug 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1056556)   #19
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't be there with the Golf after the new engine didn't work out at Snetterton - its back at the builders again. However I do intend to pop down on Saturday to take photos and video of the racing.

Hopefully these will be on the website soon afterwards.

www.spnracing.com
Old 5 Aug 2004, 07:29 (Ref:1056741)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
excellent spnixon . . .I'll try and flap a few wheels in the air and wave whilst I go past then
Old 5 Aug 2004, 08:12 (Ref:1056770)   #21
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'll be there now.

A string of related events has resulted in 3 withdrawals from Grp1 and fortunately there are 3 reserves - so we all get to race
Old 5 Aug 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1056821)   #22
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news. The club would have found you another race anyway, so that you would have got at least one race even if it was an allcomers event.
Old 5 Aug 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1057080)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think the allcomers race s a bargain, ok theyre only short sprints, but 2 races for £90 is by far the cheapest Ive encountered this year :clap:
Old 5 Aug 2004, 14:58 (Ref:1057099)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by apguy
Well I'll be there now.

A string of related events has resulted in 3 withdrawals from Grp1 and fortunately there are 3 reserves - so we all get to race
Er. Can you tell us what those related events were?
Old 5 Aug 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1057424)   #25
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Quote:
Originally posted by falcemob
Does anyone know the race number for the JEC Proteus and Revival on Saturday?

Is this the Miller Oils/JEC sports cars?

If so, the entries listed total 9.