Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2644717)   #2501
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirl View Post
I hate the way they keep on skipping number 13. Superstitious nonsense.
I wonder whether the FIA skip it or whether they give the team / driver due to receive it a choice.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2644986)   #2502
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The FIA skip it, IIRC it's part of the sporting regulations.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:03 (Ref:2645018)   #2503
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut7 View Post
Entry List

Hispania Racing (Esp) – HRT-Cosworth
20) Karun Chandhok (Ind)
21) Bruno Senna (Brz)
T) Jose Maria Lopez (Arg)
Is this right?

BTW, I saw that Adam Khan was listed as the second driver on the forix team-by-team site yesterday??!!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2645019)   #2504
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Is this right?
2 racers, yes. Lopez isn't confirmed, though. Racenut7 didn't include the italics to show unconfirmed drivers when he copied and pasted my line-up. Baguette isn't confirmed as Sauber reserve either

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
BTW, I saw that Adam Khan was listed as the second driver on the forix team-by-team site yesterday??!!
Almost certainly a mistake. However he was down as an official tester for Renault last year
Old 4 Mar 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2645066)   #2505
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I think all Adam did was drive the previous year's car at the WSR meetings. He was hoping to get a run out when they they held the young driver test towards the end of last year, but it didn't happen as there were more important things to think about it.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2645081)   #2506
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he did the odd straight line test as well
Old 4 Mar 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2645085)   #2507
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, you're right, he did, but that's not really a big deal is it?
Old 4 Mar 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2645094)   #2508
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Not really, but the point is he was an official tester

Don't worry, I'm not suddenly advocating him to be a race driver
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2645192)   #2509
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Actually I'm hoping he does and becomes incredibly famous!

I went to Enstone during the season as a member of a group. This was before Crashgate and it was very interesting. Adam was the driver for the day and a very professional job he made of it, too.

I had known him a few years ago, so we had a little chat and he offered me a personally signed and dedicated poster, so go, Adam, go!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2645200)   #2510
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Fair enough. I thought you were suggesting he shouldn't. I have no problem with him myself - I don't think he's a lost talent but he was competant enough in A1 GP and never really got the chance to drive at a level higher than that or F3
Old 7 Mar 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2646772)   #2511
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope he was taking the Michael!!

Quote:
Mansell, now aged 56, even floated the idea of a return to Formula One.

He is currently involved in the Le Mans series driving for Team LNT alongside his son Greg.

But, when asked if he might return, said: "Never say die. If there's a good Formula One seat, who knows? Why not, it would make a bit of history, wouldn't it?"

"We're pulling four to four and a half G in these cars so who says anything can't be done these days? It's about having the opportunity."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8554302.stm

But, Imagine that, Mansell comes in to replace Petrov or Alguersuari or Chandhok or someone else, who (perhaps) won't be that good, you said Schumi was a great comeback
Old 7 Mar 2010, 18:09 (Ref:2646787)   #2512
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Oh God...

I hope people would be under no illusions if he ever came back...he just doesn't know when to give up. He should just say "I've retired"

I'm talking just about F1 here. Sportscars is a different kettle of fish. He'll probably still be quicker than a lot of the drivers out there. But not F1...please no
Old 7 Mar 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2646823)   #2513
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Awesome, I would love to see Mansell back.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2647288)   #2514
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
haha Why the hell not....

Selby
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:47 (Ref:2647290)   #2515
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby
Would he fit in the cars these days?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:51 (Ref:2647292)   #2516
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmao He didn't 15 years ago, plus the cars these days seem skinner than ever! Chances arn't great...

Selby
Old 9 Mar 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2647860)   #2517
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post

Selby

He is too old Dan.. it's not really a good idea is it, as great as he was...
Old 9 Mar 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2647991)   #2518
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
My comment was very much to be taken with a pinch of salt

Selby
Old 9 Mar 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2648275)   #2519
nea
Racer

England
Saltaire, UK
nea should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

That enough salt?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 02:27 (Ref:2648656)   #2520
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
That looks about right...
Old 12 Mar 2010, 03:34 (Ref:2650039)   #2521
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Since I started this thread I never imagined it would generate so many views but why don't I close it since the season will start tomorrow. Sounds good?
Old 12 Mar 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2650208)   #2522
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Except for the fact you can't close it
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 13 Mar 2010, 02:52 (Ref:2650771)   #2523
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I can...

THREAD CLOSED