Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Aug 2014, 22:42 (Ref:3448960)   #226
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adidas ?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 05:24 (Ref:3448994)   #227
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Wilson Security raising their budget ?

How much money does Wilson have? They sponsor numerous cars in numerous categories. Didn't know the security industry was that lucrative. Hope they do better then Sargent did.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 05:39 (Ref:3448998)   #228
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
How much money does Wilson have? They sponsor numerous cars in numerous categories. Didn't know the security industry was that lucrative. Hope they do better then Sargent did.
The Sargent Security Racing fb page is kinda interesting.. recalling all linds of activity with courts, police and other friends..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Aug 2014, 11:29 (Ref:3449267)   #229
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
If you've parked in any of Wilson's facilities you'll realise why they have more money than god....
Old 1 Sep 2014, 00:24 (Ref:3449366)   #230
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erebus signs Major Sponsor for 1 car..

But wont say who it might be
Old 1 Sep 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3449368)   #231
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has been strange with Miss Betty wearing Coca-Cola gear but no signage on the cars. Unless the sponsor is possibly Powerade with their blue/black/silver colours? (As they are part of CCA)
Old 1 Sep 2014, 01:05 (Ref:3449371)   #232
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

That's not part of a Wilson Security logo is it? It looks familiar from somewhere in motorsport/V8 Supercars, but I just can't place it.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 02:46 (Ref:3449384)   #233
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mount Franklin?
Old 1 Sep 2014, 03:27 (Ref:3449390)   #234
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And they're also exceptionally good signing up what venture capitalists might refer to as 'distressed assets'. They find teams that desperately need cash to keep going and pick up naming rights (or as good as) deals at bargain basement prices.

Their entire motorsport expenditure wouldn't cover one Triple Eight car.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 05:53 (Ref:3449400)   #235
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coke recently took 16.7% share in Monster, Lee was in the Coke corporate suite at QR, Lee also has past links with Monster. Betty was supporting Coca-cola at QR. Hmmmmm
Old 1 Sep 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3449413)   #236
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Well whoever it is that's great news that they've secured sponsorship for next season next year even if it's only for one of their cars as yet. It's a good step. Let's hope they find another car sponsor soon.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3449424)   #237
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed Holdsworth's car carried Neil Buckby Motors(Northern Tas MB dealer) on the windscreen for the Eastern Creek round.

Perhaps a way of bypassing Mercedes Aus?

Neil Buckby hosted a big contingent of their customers in the corporate area at the Symmons Plains round this year.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3449604)   #238
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beko Livery

Last edited by kittle; 1 Sep 2014 at 23:50.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3449605)   #239
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

If you notice the branding on the wall, the 3 little 'fingers' seem to be an 'Erebus' thing as opposed to a 'sponsor' thing.

It wouldnt be a surprise to see Beko upweight their support to take full title sponsorship of one of the cars...

....certainly the verbage in recent times from the team has made lots of noise about existing partners getting massive benefits from the association, encouraging to tip more dollars in...

Good to see the partner staying in V8Supercar. Hope the contribution is significant financially, and represents the true cost of the space
Old 2 Sep 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3449627)   #240
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering Betty's popularity with female fans, this might be a smart move from Beko...
Old 2 Sep 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3449658)   #241
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looks better from the LHS..

Old 3 Oct 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3459701)   #242
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Same Old Deal At AMG

Wonder if Erebus will sign, or if there is a different brand in the offing

The talk of a Volvo involvement not being a 'works' deal is a bit odd. The story went that Volvo/Polestar would provide an engine supply in return for car signage.. which seems more than is forthcoming from AMG or MBAuP

Old 3 Oct 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3459704)   #243
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Continuing to rely on contra deals does not do much for cashflow.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3459720)   #244
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More new colours, no new brands

Old 3 Oct 2014, 10:08 (Ref:3459775)   #245
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
More new colours, no new brands

Betty throwing the yellow in there as a tribute to their 2013 Bathurst 12 hour winning livery
Old 3 Oct 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3460000)   #246
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much for HRT to choose from there - they might have to poach from elsewhere for next year.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 23:13 (Ref:3460008)   #247
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Not much for HRT to choose from there - they might have to poach from elsewhere for next year.

touche
Old 4 Oct 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3460051)   #248
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 4 Oct 2014, 03:13 (Ref:3460059)   #249
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
You'd think Rosenberg might have had more to do with HHA than HRT themselves.

Apart from minor sponsorships from Red Rooster (Kellys) and Dodo (Tasman) who else have they pinched? Their SPTools relationship goes back at least as far as SBR's.

You can't ignore the fact that Erebus lost all 3 of its sponsors in one year, so I am not sure it is fair to point the bone at someone for taking up a sponsorship that was going somewhere else.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3460093)   #250
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Same Old Deal At AMG

Wonder if Erebus will sign, or if there is a different brand in the offing
Fair play by AMG and MBA.

I wonder how much the COTF regulations have to do this or if at all?