Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Aug 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3441377)   #201
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Proudly bought to you by.....me

It is odd to see those logos and cap before any announcement is it not? Or have coke just sponsored Betty cos she gets a bonkers amount of air time?
Its a very nice render Biggy G

I wonder at the link to Coca Cola too.

Its not impossible to consider that as CCA, thru its major 3PL partner Linfox, is a large customer of MBAuP Commercial Vehicles in their distribution network... that perhaps it is another of those attempted 'pull thrus' to get the end customer (CCA) on board the Erebus team.

If Erebus followed tradition of other teams struggling for backing, normally its about the right time to put some name, any name, on board to at least give the illusion of strength...

Remember a few years ago when BJR lost the backing of OzEmail... the backing ran out well before the signage came off the cars... better to run a car with something on it than a blank canvas that just raises questions.. with the very same impact on the bank balance...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Aug 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3441387)   #202
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many teams that have come and gone over the years have had all sorts of theories on running sans backing.

Does running a seemingly sponsored car prompt potential backers to look elsewhere or even reduce their spend to come on board, believing that on-car real estate may be restricted?
Old 4 Aug 2014, 23:09 (Ref:3441488)   #203
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh the Coke you drink, not the one that you snort!
Old 4 Aug 2014, 23:12 (Ref:3441489)   #204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Oh the Coke you drink, not the one that you snort!
I tried to snort Coke once.. I got the ice cubes stuck up my nose...
Old 4 Aug 2014, 23:16 (Ref:3441490)   #205
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Many teams that have come and gone over the years have had all sorts of theories on running sans backing.

Does running a seemingly sponsored car prompt potential backers to look elsewhere or even reduce their spend to come on board, believing that on-car real estate may be restricted?
Does having a whopping AMG logo on the side make that any better in this case? Or indeed what are said to be very cheap deals for bonnet sponsors or support sponsors?

That the commercial team at Erebus is out in the wider world seeking backing should suggest to whoever is looking that there is space available on the car, not that this is actually the benefit being sold to them... the B2B connection, presuming they can find one, would prick the ears of the beancounters, along with seeing the brand name up in lights...

A premium brand such as MB should have premium brand sponsors aboard...
Old 5 Aug 2014, 00:40 (Ref:3441506)   #206
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betty also said she wanted to take the two SLS's to the Spa24H next year. So maybe the budget is not so bad....
Old 5 Aug 2014, 03:45 (Ref:3441530)   #207
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A premium brand such as MB should have premium brand sponsors aboard...
This is exactly right, if you wanted to enter V8Supercars and wanted to make a splash, why not be on the AMG racing the others...

Volvo of course is the other one in this position I think of being unique.
Old 5 Aug 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3441533)   #208
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
At least Erebus never openly courted the Bitcoin option..

Old 5 Aug 2014, 06:44 (Ref:3441552)   #209
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I saw bowman had just under $4k, needing $100k to get the car wrapped...
Old 7 Aug 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3442193)   #210
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...with an audience of upwards of half a million people in Sydney alone buying the Telegraph, let alone in other states, who would eat this up as fact...
But it is a fact. It's a fact that Lee Holdsworth said it.

I'm no fan of Phelps, but he's got on-the-record quotes from the driver of the team saying that he thinks they're going to get manufacturer backing.

That's a real, legitimate news story that any journalist would publish.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3442207)   #211
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its a very nice render Biggy G

I wonder at the link to Coca Cola too.

Its not impossible to consider that as CCA, thru its major 3PL partner Linfox, is a large customer of MBAuP Commercial Vehicles in their distribution network... that perhaps it is another of those attempted 'pull thrus' to get the end customer (CCA) on board the Erebus team.
Bloody near impossible though. Linfox started re-equipping their fleet last year to MB's and MAN's and Coke didn't have a lot to do with it. In the big scheme of things Coke would not keep more than a couple of B Doubles busy and yes I had some knowledge of the LF operation as I used to load their trucks every night for another company which utilised more of the LF fleet than Coke could dream about. I think conjecture like this is less than helpful.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3442221)   #212
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And your contribution to this thread has been......?
Old 7 Aug 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3442238)   #213
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And your contribution to this thread has been......?
Helping you out! Seriously, I have seen you draw some long bows but that is a winner.
Old 8 Aug 2014, 04:29 (Ref:3442372)   #214
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow GTR...seen you warn people for less than your little tantrum just there at Casper.
Old 8 Aug 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3442373)   #215
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
Wow GTR...seen you warn people for less than your little tantrum just there at Casper.
He knows I am right, my job was in the transport industry working mostly with Linfox for a national corporation.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3444104)   #216
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Clearly not all of MBAuP hates Erebus...

Old 14 Aug 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3444117)   #217
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Clearly not all of MBAuP hates Erebus...
I kind of get the “we don’t think our luxury car brand fits in V8SC”… But it does kind of make you wonder why the love appears to consist of a couple of loaners, but no bucks from the likes of Detroit Diesel/SelecTrucks….
Old 14 Aug 2014, 08:17 (Ref:3444159)   #218
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
I kind of get the “we don’t think our luxury car brand fits in V8SC”… But it does kind of make you wonder why the love appears to consist of a couple of loaners, but no bucks from the likes of Detroit Diesel/SelecTrucks….
A lot of the Erebus sponsorship portfolio revolves around contra deals.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3444443)   #219
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Erebus seems to be reaching out to other sports with the same potential customer base...

Wonder what the take up will be?
Old 15 Aug 2014, 23:00 (Ref:3444578)   #220
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Titans have one of the smaller crowd attendances and memberships in the league so not exactly the best partnership for Erebus.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3444587)   #221
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm sure they've put a lot of thought into it, but whether it'll reap any sort of dividend remains to be seen.

I for one, can't see if there is anything quantifiable to be gained from it, from Erebus' perspective.

Maybe they'll sell a bit of signage, or a bit of merch or some memberships?

It might attract a few more bodies into the stadium too, but that'd be about it.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3444591)   #222
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
If the target market for the Gold Coast Indy race overlaps with the customers who are attending the Titan's game, the synergy is in there somewhere... hopefully with an increased crowd at the V8 event, and maybe a new team for the punters to cheer for in Erebus...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3448804)   #223
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Doesnt quite look Coca Cola red...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 12:16 (Ref:3448825)   #224
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Coke Zero has some black. Just not blue...
Old 29 Aug 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3448951)   #225
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wilson Security raising their budget ?