Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 May 2000, 19:37 (Ref:5670)   #1
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

are we getting our thoughts gathered for motegi? will it be a gil and tags whitewash? or will that nasty mr franchitti get his evil way with the top step?

whatever happens, my personal bad luck dictates that anyone i cheer for will not do well at all. well, that's gil and andretti on my list, then.

will ford finally get their butts in gear and make an engine that doesn't go for a fag every 5 minutes? or will honda rule the world?

paul tracy's plans for world domination seem to be working. he's got it all sorted, and we're only a few races into the season.

any thoughts? in childrens story book language please - i refuse to be a grown up this week, and i'd like to think you lot support my strik against thinking.

sorry. the shrink gave me new pills, and they're taking a few days to work. nurse!
Old 8 May 2000, 23:39 (Ref:5672)   #2
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who knows it is CART and not F1 much less un predictable all though all Motorsport is really unpredictable but you can predict the f1 championship.
Old 9 May 2000, 04:07 (Ref:5671)   #3
craigmanning
Rookie

United Kingdom
Toronto Canada
craigmanning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...I think we need to consider Fernandez. He's won both previous races at Motegi and has momentum from Rio. Last weekend Mika won the Spanish for the third consecutive time so who knows? (...Mika is Michael in children's story book language, and now I'm Finnished) good night children!
Old 9 May 2000, 16:11 (Ref:5673)   #4
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Piggly Wiggly will make a bid for the pole but Pooh takes it and prompty gets head stuck in a honey jar. Hinky Dinky will probably win the race unless Cat's Meow makes a banzai move on the last lap almost wasting his last life. Tubbsy Wubbsy would have had third all sewn up but loses the roller-derby antics with Piggly Wiggly and they both end up voodooing the wall and pointing pig's feet at each other. This opens the door and Uncle Remus steps through. Goodbye yellow brick road...
Old 9 May 2000, 18:21 (Ref:5674)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

and what about eeyore? i think he stands a fair chance of winning the thing.
Old 9 May 2000, 18:50 (Ref:5675)   #6
slicktoast
Veteran

Sorry, he was taken out earlier by Piggly Wiggly even though he clearly had the line and nobody in their right mind would have tried that pass.
Old 10 May 2000, 00:50 (Ref:5676)   #7
Lizzerd
Rookie

Lizzerd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once upon a time (to come), on an island far far away (from most of us), many brave men with bright shiny racing machines came together for a friendly speed contest. Well, it wasn't so friendly, actually. All the men thought their shiny machines were the fastest, and they all thought they could make them go faster than all the other men. A silly Canuck, Paul something is his name, had one of the fastest racing machines in the entire world, and he is very very talented at making his machine go as fast as it could possibly go. Late in this particular speed contest, on the far away island, Crazy Paul was playfully and gleefully piloting his shiny machine right beside Mad Max (not to be confused with the Mad Hatter). Mad Max was in first place, and Crazy Paul wanted to be in first place. He is not happy being in second place. Well, Crazy Paul tried to drive his shiny machine just a little bit too fast, and sadly, Crazy Paul's machine ran into Mad Max's machine, and both of their machines were suddenly broken. The little man from Mexico won the race. Now, you may have heard this story before, but it will happen again this weekend on the little far away island. The little man from Mexico (I don't mean Jourdain) will win.
Old 10 May 2000, 08:04 (Ref:5677)   #8
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LoL
Old 10 May 2000, 10:57 (Ref:5678)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once upon another time -

There was a very fast Brazilian who had a new red and white car and he took it to an island far far away. Last year in his old blue and white car he had a lot of fun at this island and was the fastest of all until race day when it really counted. On that day he tried to be even faster and made his hopeless blue car go round in circles when everyone else was just getting ready to go straight ahead. Despite his statement to his friends in Blue Car Pitland that "I know what I am doing", he did not quite, and at the end of the day he was only the second fastest of all the cars. He thought to himself, "If I can just get out of this blue car, my problems will be solved." This year his red and white car runs into things, but with discipline and patience he will rule the day, and on the island he will be the fastest of all. Because if he is not, the king who bought him that nice car will kickhis backside all the way back to the mainland.
Old 10 May 2000, 18:20 (Ref:5679)   #10
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
Old 10 May 2000, 18:51 (Ref:5680)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France

ahh, nice to know i'm not the only one bored stiff round here. you guys should write storybooks, you know. it's not that difficult....

still haven't figured out what time the race is here. last time i even tried to work it out (ie rio), i got it wrong by an hour, and missed a huge majority of the race, damnit!

gather round children. it's story time.
there once was another brazilian, who was friends with the one liz described to you all earlier. until he put him in the wall at x hundred miles an hour, that is. anyway, this brazilian was more unlucky than jean alesi. anything that was to be crashed into, he crashed into it. any possible motor racing injury, he had it. been there done that. he drives a black mean batmobile, that isn't going very well. now, but the 4th race of the season, this brazilian was obviously getting a bit cross at the complete incompetance of his team to do anything useful, like, oh, at a stab, a decent setup. the next exciting race was at motegi, and it was imperative that one of the nice boys driving the black mean machines did something spectacular, like, for example, win. well, i'll be (censored) if my boys are going to win, thought big mean carl haas, whilst muching on his latest cigar. so he did his usual pre race routine, and cursed the lot of them.

and needless to say, they won't do very much. because little mr honda, our friend gil (who has recently lost the who ate all the pies title to paul tracy - jeez, he's massive), is going to have a rocket up the gearbox of his car this weekend. and no amount of blessing is going to do anything for the newman haas boys (andretti, my friend, the only think i wish upon you is retirement). so, you'd better got on with some naughty business, cause you ain't gonna win by any means legal.

and if this brazilian doesn't win this year, mr haas will cover it all up by telling him to go back to where he came from. and take that (censored) car with you. this won't have anything to do with our hero, but they will still spin it so it looks like it is. conspiracy! get out of that team, my frined, before it all disintigrates and decides on an even sillier colour scheme. which i, as aesthetic consultant, will not be having.

got that out of my system in a round about way. thank you for ignoring me.

as you were.

**winner will be montoya**
Old 10 May 2000, 18:59 (Ref:5681)   #12
slicktoast
Veteran

Isn't that ** montoyota** ??
Old 10 May 2000, 19:02 (Ref:5682)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
good point.
they're not going to give him anything but a rocket, are they?