Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will be first to greet the chequer in the SCA 1000?
#2 Tander/Davison 19 11.80%
#3 Noske/Bargwanna 1 0.62%
#4 Gaunt/McIntyre 0 0%
#5 Canto/Youlden 0 0%
#6 Richards/Winterbottom 8 4.97%
#7 Kelly/Kelly 5 3.11%
#8 Richards/McConville 5 3.11%
#9 Davison/Van Gisbergen 3 1.86%
#10 Owen/Price 1 0.62%
#12 Fiore/Bayliss 2 1.24%
#13 Fisher/Sieders 0 0%
#14 Jones/Jones 0 0%
#15 Pretty/Collins 1 0.62%
#16 McNally/Ricciardello 0 0%
#17 Johnson/Courtney 42 26.09%
#18 Luff/Webb 1 0.62%
#21 Lowe/Assaillit 0 0%
#22 Baird/Dumbrell 2 1.24%
#23 Walter/Douglas 0 0%
#24 Priaulx/Reynolds 1 0.62%
#25 Bright/Reindler 5 3.11%
#34 Caruso/Holdsworth 3 1.86%
#33 Ritter/Besnard 1 0.62%
#39 Kelly/Ingall 2 1.24%
#51 Skaife/Murphy 15 9.32%
#55 D'Alberto/Thompson 0 0%
#67 Slade/Morris 1 0.62%
#88 Simonsen/Thompson 1 0.62%
#111 Patrizi/Coulthard 2 1.24%
#247 Wood/Perkins 0 0%
#333 Wall/Tander 1 0.62%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes 39 24.22%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Oct 2009, 22:36 (Ref:2559254)   #626
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
If he doesn't get in trouble, I think it'll be because Bargs kept moving left to squeeze out Jamie, and eventually Jamie would have had to have taken to the grass as he was already committed. Bargs could have avoided the accident if he didn't have a do-or-die approach to trying to maintain a position he was struggling to keep.
Absotively. Bargs initially drove down the inside, then thought he had Whincup covered so moved back to the outside, then saw Whincup making his move so drove back towards the inside.

You're supposed to pick a line and stick to it, not change it twice by weaving around in the braking zone.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 22:42 (Ref:2559258)   #627
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Perhaps this is the case, however isnt the usual overtaking rule, and it would have been overtaking, that it has to be done cleanly? If you are visibly closing on a car at 100km/h more than them, surely you would notice this and back off??
Other thing to note is that Winterbottom let the previous car, #25, go through on the inside... why on Earth would he then move to the inside to let the next car through on the outside...!?
Old 11 Oct 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2559271)   #628
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac View Post
Absotively. Bargs initially drove down the inside, then thought he had Whincup covered so moved back to the outside, then saw Whincup making his move so drove back towards the inside.

You're supposed to pick a line and stick to it, not change it twice by weaving around in the braking zone.
you are allso not supposed to push a car sideway for that many meters

you know the funny part
this may be the same group of marshals that told mark webber to let alonso back through in singapore
Old 11 Oct 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2559295)   #629
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some comments, without reviewing the video...

Tander/R. Kelly (1) funny loss of speed mid-corner combined with Tander trying to get a run on him resulted in a std Lowndes passing manoeuvre. Doesn't get penalised usually, so no need to start now.

Tander/R.Kelly... (2) you drive off the road (RK) trying to pass, you deserve to be ran off further.

Bargs/Whincup... Whincup punted him while changing sides, then nailed his rear door (at best). Since Bargs was blocking I'd call that a racing incident and no penalty.

Winterbottom still denigning his incident in practice was his fault (interview before the race) Hasn't he looked at the video! Tim 'CYA' Edwards... haha, yeah right, "Winterbottom was watching him in the mirrors, blah, blah" what to make sure he got in the way! Nope, don't believe 'ya!

Ford teams and calling for blocking penalties. Is this a case of everyone does it but only the Ford ones are reported/commented on? Whenever (not just this race... this has been happening for years) a Ford comes up behind another car (even after a restart) we hear the 'ford team' whinging so-and-so is blocking... Same thing yesterday (Whincup. just after restart) yet 1/2 lap later the car in front had driven away from him.

FPR battery 'maintenance'. Didn't see them remove a battery so looks like they have an extra Anderson plug on the boot to plug the extra battery into quickly. Good idea! Pity (for them) they didn't think about tieing it down properly.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2559304)   #630
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
this may be the same group of marshals that told mark webber to let alonso back through in singapore
One day people will understand the difference between marshals (the people around the track waving flags and clearing up) and the race director/stewards up in race control. Marshals do not make decisions like this, stewards do. Since F1 has permanent race stewards, there's probably no connection anyway.
Old 11 Oct 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2559317)   #631
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But the race director has a LOT of pull in making penalty decisions, and sometimes doesn't need to notify the stewards (despite what the rule books say.) Plus a certain race director at Bathurst was the assistant race director at Singapore (or was he the assistant Clerk of Course over there?) Not saying there might be a link though.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2559341)   #632
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Oct 2009, 00:39 (Ref:2559348)   #633
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
saw elsewhere... amusing to some

1. Holden
2. Holden
3. Holden
4. Holden
5. Holden drivers
6. Holden
7. Holden
8. Holden
9. Holden
10. Holden
Old 12 Oct 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2559398)   #634
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't lucky enough to watch the whole race but I did get a chance to see the last 5 laps...

The commentators set the scenario up for me perfectly to know exactly what was going on when I turned on the TeeV.

Bargwanna was clearly blocking. There is no way you could lay blame on Whincup for his move because Bargwanna changed lines. It was quite desperate and dangerous because Whincup clearly had his nose alongside.

Bargwanna actually ended up penalising himself... but he could also have nearly ended Whincup's charge. Racing incident, definitely.

As for the other controversies... I can't comment because I didn't see any of it. Sounds like I missed a great race.

Oh, early in the race, Lowndes' pit lane penalty was technically correct as he impacted on Steven Richards' exit from pit lane.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2559421)   #635
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
It's just a lottery these days ...

(a) I thought Murf and Nose were VERY stiff ... just crap luck with the Bunch Up Field Car.
(b) The drive through rule is the most ridiculous blight on motor sport ever seen for light offences. Why not just tell Lowndes to let Richards through? Seconds later a guy almost reverses into a car doing 200 and ... not even a slap on the wrist! Bargs blocks for 3 laps and is not shown a bad sportsmanship flag. All a joke - just like it is every year.
(c) Deserved win, of course, anyway by Davo and Silly. Made no mistakes, got the SC breaks
(d) Looked like a re-run of AU days ... the Fords knocking each other off, bad strategies, mechanical gremlins.

I wish they'd go back to Series Production!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 04:01 (Ref:2559426)   #636
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
It's just a lottery these days ...

(a) I thought Murf and Nose were VERY stiff ... just crap luck with the Bunch Up Field Car.
(b) The drive through rule is the most ridiculous blight on motor sport ever seen for light offences. Why not just tell Lowndes to let Richards through? Seconds later a guy almost reverses into a car doing 200 and ... not even a slap on the wrist! Bargs blocks for 3 laps and is not shown a bad sportsmanship flag. All a joke - just like it is every year.
(c) Deserved win, of course, anyway by Davo and Silly. Made no mistakes, got the SC breaks
(d) Looked like a re-run of AU days ... the Fords knocking each other off, bad strategies, mechanical gremlins.

I wish they'd go back to Series Production!
Even though you decided to throw "deserved win" in there amongst your list of excuses, your first line tells the full story of your true thoughts.... It's just a lottery eh......... HRT wins PI and Bathurst, so get over it !!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2559452)   #637
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

It looks bare still..
Old 12 Oct 2009, 05:57 (Ref:2559482)   #638
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto View Post
Even though you decided to throw "deserved win" in there amongst your list of excuses, your first line tells the full story of your true thoughts.... It's just a lottery eh......... HRT wins PI and Bathurst, so get over it !!
Comprehension was'nt your strong suit, was it? R-E-A-D (and the missing letters)
Old 12 Oct 2009, 09:21 (Ref:2559570)   #639
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brights car/engine was running at 150deg and the radiator was full of debris.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2559623)   #640
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read the #10 car developed a problem on lap 5 that left them down 10km/h at the end of conrod. Which may explain there horrible performance. The high level of safety cars enabled many to stay on the lead lap, most cars were probably both advantaged and disadvantaged at some point. Tander and Davidson did deserve the win, they were quick and consistent all day and didn't really make any errors. You would have to say well done to the Kelly's to fight for so long considering the damage that they sustained.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2559643)   #641
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricko love him or hate him he did well to hold those faster cars behind him for so long without blocking illegally add to that those boys drove well with a car chewing tyres.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2559820)   #642
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Attendance...

Last year...187,157

This year...179,492

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2560203)   #643
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sh1thouse weather might have had something to do with that.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:44 (Ref:2560209)   #644
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a great weekend at the chase, despite the weather most punters had a good time....

My observations.....get to the track, in front of a big screen and get yourself a radio!!! No ads to deal with!!

888 should have let CL stay in the car, battling with a slipping clutch but still effective, may not have won but he was clearly getting his head around the issue and could have made the podium. Also, I think the car may have faired better if he didnt have to charge from 20th after the drive through, to lose one spot early was better than trying to make up 20 over 150 odd laps!

Car 2 didnt put a foot wrong really, and #8 was solid all day, so well done.

Pity Alex Davo and the Giz had their issue in pit lane, were doing really well till then and also could have pushed for a podium spot...

As one of my mates said after the race about the remaining ford teams "which one of you ****'s is going to stand up now???
Old 12 Oct 2009, 22:55 (Ref:2560216)   #645
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Attendance...

Last year...187,157

This year...179,492
I heard from a couple of people who work for large companies that usually take corporate space and have a large number of free tickets to hand out that they had cut right back this year to spend the money at Homebush instead.
One of them told me that his company really didnt want to go to Homebush, but their major competitor was going so they had to to keep their customers happy.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:02 (Ref:2560220)   #646
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
I heard from a couple of people who work for large companies that usually take corporate space and have a large number of free tickets to hand out that they had cut right back this year to spend the money at Homebush instead.
One of them told me that his company really didnt want to go to Homebush, but their major competitor was going so they had to to keep their customers happy.
Homebush is sold out... there were only 1 or 2 spaces free in the Paddock Club @ Bathurst...

There were a couple of tents not around this year that had been there previously..
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2560225)   #647
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the crowd looked pretty healthy on saturday, and I can only guess that my nephew wasn't the only "11 Year old" in the place.

Good to see a return to the family friendly atmosphere at the top, at least during the daylight hours

I did see a few dopes being removed by the plod on Saturday evening with bloody noses and shirts, from the approximate area of Murrays, No reports of the riot squad being required as yet?
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2560226)   #648
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
of the B1000, with some last year(s) thrown in too!
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2560230)   #649
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went in each day using a ticket that was valid for Thursday only, and we had 6 of those. So we only counted on thursday, not the rest of the week. And it wasnt hard to do so I expect there were a few more doing the same.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Oct 2009, 23:31 (Ref:2560234)   #650
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post

Pity Alex Davo and the Giz had their issue in pit lane, were doing really well till then and also could have pushed for a podium spot...
Yeah they had great car speed, fuel mileage and Strategy. What happened to them after the car would'nt start? Brake issues or engine, went backwards real fast.

Felt sorry for Ritter and Besnard when the safety car came out, Ritter almost had another chance to steal a win like in 07 when he went out on wets in the closing laps.

The right car won but, #2 were the class of the field all day.