Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jul 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3100612)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fair enough Simon, no you don't need them, as such. Best way though for individuals to test whether they want a seat or not is to use the GS's during practice on Wed and Thurs when they're completely free.....
Old 1 Jul 2012, 20:13 (Ref:3100613)   #27
spectre200
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedford, UK
spectre200 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't had a GS ticket since '99, so I'm a bit out of touch. I hear that you can still move around within your grandstand once they empty out, but back in the old days you could use your GS ticket in other grandstands too, at quieter times. This was well before barcode readers (remember the contre-marques?) but is it still possible? If so, I could see myself getting one next year.

Last edited by spectre200; 1 Jul 2012 at 20:15. Reason: I hate typos
Old 1 Jul 2012, 20:15 (Ref:3100614)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Fair enough Simon, no you don't need them, as such. Best way though for individuals to test whether they want a seat or not is to use the GS's during practice on Wed and Thurs when they're completely free.....
Precisely!
Old 1 Jul 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3100641)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200 View Post
I haven't had a GS ticket since '99, so I'm a bit out of touch. I hear that you can still move around within your grandstand once they empty out, but back in the old days you could use your GS ticket in other grandstands too, at quieter times. This was well before barcode readers (remember the contre-marques?) but is it still possible? If so, I could see myself getting one next year.
Generally not. Although you may be able to sneak in another stand. Contremarques are still used.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 21:29 (Ref:3100642)   #30
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Generally not. Although you may be able to sneak in another stand. Contremarques are still used.
It wouldn't be hard to gain access to the Stand next to the ACO (to the right, when seated). You just had to go to the toilet, and forget to make a left turn when going back
Old 2 Jul 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3100982)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Our group is about 50/50 split on whether to get Grandstand tickets or not. We have tried Lagache - but most of the time we go to T34 and nearly always we are at the bottom end near the start / finish line which gives a great view of the podium.

It is a shame you dont get paddock access anymore, but it does giver some decent loos and sometime member of the group have blagged their way into the hospitality areas for free food and wine!

I was wondering about trying Maison Blanche as it is closest to our campsite and therefore I may find we use it more.

Has anyone had experience of this stand and does anyone know if it has a view of a big screen - I think it did this year?
Old 2 Jul 2012, 19:33 (Ref:3101018)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a great view from there Mal. I sat in there in 92 and during qualifying the last 3 years. I can't remember seeing a screen there though.....
Old 2 Jul 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3101045)   #33
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look at this plan, there is one: http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/..._situation.pdf
Old 2 Jul 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3101053)   #34
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've sat in "La Sarthe" or Maison blanche as you know it, T19 Lagache and T13 Wimille, All have their pluses and minuses. I liked Wimille due to the big screen opposite and the fact you are opposite the pit exit as they accelerate away up towards the Dunlop Bridge. T19 was great for watching the pit action, but its somewhat restricted due to the glass and pit wall boxes all the teams use now, unless you climb higher later on when its quiet. La Sarthe or Maison Blanche gives a great view as they power off up the start finish after the slow chicanes, I last sat there in 2007 so I cant remember if there was a screen then but I dont think so. But I see from batmobiles map there is now. I still love to walk round to Tertre Rouge and the Curves when I can but its nice to sit and rest up a while.
Old 3 Jul 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3101191)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Nice of them to put in a big screen solely for the VIP stands along Raccordement and not one where the public could use one like the Esses.
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3102401)   #36
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Well I have taken the plunge and booked T23 La Sarthe (Ford Chicane), seats for 2013
Old 5 Jul 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3102403)   #37
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Well I have taken the plunge and booked T23 La Sarthe (Ford Chicane), seats for 2013
Way to go Mal!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3104330)   #38
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Nice of them to put in a big screen solely for the VIP stands along Raccordement and not one where the public could use one like the Esses.
This anger is going to sustain you all year.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3168604)   #39
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Just revisited the thread. We'll be in La Sarthe somewhere too Mal come the race. Seems great to me given the largely unobstructed view of the track for photos, and a big screen across the way.

Views of the pit-in for the early stops and a view of a pretty deceptive/underrated section of track in terms of its toughness.

Will be a lot more relaxing not having to worry about getting back to the track in really good time for the finish. The last two we've arrived back from the far side of the circuit and just hoped for the best somewhere towards the end of the pit straight.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3168732)   #40
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Just revisited the thread. We'll be in La Sarthe somewhere too Mal come the race. Seems great to me given the largely unobstructed view of the track for photos, and a big screen across the way.

Views of the pit-in for the early stops and a view of a pretty deceptive/underrated section of track in terms of its toughness.

Will be a lot more relaxing not having to worry about getting back to the track in really good time for the finish. The last two we've arrived back from the far side of the circuit and just hoped for the best somewhere towards the end of the pit straight.
Whats the price for those seats?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3168740)   #41
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Whats the price for those seats?
We booked through an agent so probably paid a bit over the odds. Would be interesting to know how much so. They are invoiced as £109 each.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3168781)   #42
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We booked through an agent so probably paid a bit over the odds. Would be interesting to know how much so. They are invoiced as £109 each.
Face value is 90 euros. There is still availability if anyone wants to book direct through the ACO ticket office.

The view is excellent, but be aware that the seats are bench style with no seat backs.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3168783)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What's that, about 20% mark-up?

Edit - You beat me to it James - but I was pretty well spot on.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 06:22 (Ref:3168917)   #44
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Face value is 90 euros. There is still availability if anyone wants to book direct through the ACO ticket office.

The view is excellent, but be aware that the seats are bench style with no seat backs.
That's pretty good value!
Although I think Kpy ruined me with the ACO seats .
I'm in doubt wether i should by a seat above the pits (and miss the view into the pit and big screens) or buy a seat at the "good" site of the track
Old 20 Nov 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3168918)   #45
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What's that, about 20% mark-up?

Edit - You beat me to it James - but I was pretty well spot on.
My maths isn't the best, but by the time you've converted into GBP and added enough to get to approx £109, I reckon the mark up is more like 45%.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3168930)   #46
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
...I'm in doubt wether i should by a seat above the pits (and miss the view into the pit and big screens) or buy a seat at the "good" site of the track
If you look closely at the grandstand map, there is a screen next to T22 which is only viewable from the pits grandstand. It may be difficult to see from the far end, but the start/finish-line end should be no problem.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3169069)   #47
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's going to be interesting to discover how big a difference having a base for night/race start makes to the weekend.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3169171)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
My maths isn't the best, but by the time you've converted into GBP and added enough to get to approx £109, I reckon the mark up is more like 45%.

In all that self-congratulation, I forgot one was Euros and the other was pounds.......
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3169173)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
If you look closely at the grandstand map, there is a screen next to T22 which is only viewable from the pits grandstand. It may be difficult to see from the far end, but the start/finish-line end should be no problem.

Yep, I can confirm that.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3169186)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like T23 (Ford Chicane) is now officially called Raccordement.

Am I right in thinking you could order a tribune ticket and then pick it up from outside the circuit upon arrival? Same as a GE ticket?