Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Nov 2012, 06:43 (Ref:3169325)   #51
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks like T23 (Ford Chicane) is now officially called Raccordement.

Am I right in thinking you could order a tribune ticket and then pick it up from outside the circuit upon arrival? Same as a GE ticket?
On the ACO ticket site, it is Raccordement for the French version and La Sarthe for the English. They're clearly breaking the name change to us gently.

And yes, you can order online and pick up locally if you wish.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 06:45 (Ref:3169326)   #52
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In all that self-congratulation, I forgot one was Euros and the other was pounds.......
I was still full of self doubt when I posted the 45%, such is my inaptitude in the maths department.
Old 12 May 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3246397)   #53
Alex Toropov
Racer

Alex Toropov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try to buy the T22 tickets on lemans.org and get this choice: TRIBUNE 22 WOLLEK - Rang A Place 51
Is there any way to change the rang (A is the lowest, correct?) and the place number? Can't find anything to adjust these details on the website...
Old 13 May 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3246654)   #54
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Toropov View Post
I try to buy the T22 tickets on lemans.org and get this choice: TRIBUNE 22 WOLLEK - Rang A Place 51
Is there any way to change the rang (A is the lowest, correct?) and the place number? Can't find anything to adjust these details on the website...
No, I don't think so Alex. You could try calling the ACO ticket office, they will have access to the full availability of seats.

Alex, can I just check you are aware that Tribune 22 (Wollek) is not a covered grandstand (no roof to protect you from sun or rain). Also, it is bench seating, so no backs to the seats, only the knees of the person sitting behind you().
Old 13 May 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3246679)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
No, I don't think so Alex. You could try calling the ACO ticket office, they will have access to the full availability of seats.

Alex, can I just check you are aware that Tribune 22 (Wollek) is not a covered grandstand (no roof to protect you from sun or rain). Also, it is bench seating, so no backs to the seats, only the knees of the person sitting behind you().
I think what he is saying is do not waste your money on that stand.
Old 13 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3246691)   #56
Alex Toropov
Racer

My eyesight is pretty bad, so lowest row, closest to the track, is usually very good for me.... And yes, I understand that T22 has no roof and no proper seat, but, for example, T23 seats aren't proper seats too (without the back, judging by the 360-degree photo view). Main advantage for me is the cost (55 euros on ACO ticket website)... I don't really care about the seats and the lack of roof, because we won't seat there for entire race for sure and we'll have some rain protection anyway (raincoats); I wanna buy GS seats mainly for start and finish hours (so maybe 2-3 hours out of 24), in order to have the reserved seats with decent view. To stand in front of the grandstands for many hours is not really a good option for our legs, I think.
Old 13 May 2013, 12:21 (Ref:3246701)   #57
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
My eyesight is pretty bad, so lowest row, closest to the track, is usually very good for me.... And yes, I understand that T22 has no roof and no proper seat, but, for example, T23 seats aren't proper seats too (without the back, judging by the 360-degree photo view). Main advantage for me is the cost (55 euros on ACO ticket website)... I don't really care about the seats and the lack of roof, because we won't seat there for entire race for sure and we'll have some rain protection anyway (raincoats); I wanna buy GS seats mainly for start and finish hours (so maybe 2-3 hours out of 24), in order to have the reserved seats with decent view. To stand in front of the grandstands for many hours is not really a good option for our legs, I think.
Raincoats? What for?
Old 13 May 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3246712)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Raincoats? What for?
Nope.

Does not compute.

I've bought a new bottle of suncream.

Old 13 May 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3246715)   #59
Alex Toropov
Racer

Raincoats to protect from the rain, no?
Old 13 May 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3246717)   #60
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's a running joke on the forum that it never rains (and will therefore be sunny) at Le Mans Alex. History has often told us differently mind you!
Old 13 May 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3246761)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
In which case, front row in Wollek will be just perfect for you....so don't delay, reserve those seats before they go!
Old 13 May 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3246794)   #62
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Oh yes and if it does not remain dry (no use of the dreaded word please) then we already have people allocated to take the blame.
The T22 seats appear to give you a great deal then, and with reserved seats you can head over there with a few minutes to go if it is to hot
Old 13 May 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3246844)   #63
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

Old 13 May 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3246910)   #64
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

Would you like a live weather forecast? hihihihi
Old 13 May 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3246914)   #65
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
As long as it does not include the dreaded r word
Old 14 May 2013, 05:18 (Ref:3247110)   #66
Alex Toropov
Racer

Thank you for all your help and suggestions! Decided to buy tickets for T22 in the end... Rang A Place 56 and Rang A Place 57 for me and Natalia; Andrey is still undecided. Bought them now, as well as 2 "ENCEINTE GENERALE SEMAINE" tickets. See you there!
Old 14 May 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3247141)   #67
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Thank you for all your help and suggestions! Decided to buy tickets for T22 in the end... Rang A Place 56 and Rang A Place 57 for me and Natalia; Andrey is still undecided. Bought them now, as well as 2 "ENCEINTE GENERALE SEMAINE" tickets. See you there!
Excellent....and you will also have the benefit of a giant screen immediately over your right shoulder!
Old 14 May 2013, 07:48 (Ref:3247152)   #68
Alex Toropov
Racer

Yep... only thing I have to do now is to catch up with LM24 TV coverage, I'm still watching 2010 race in full, so 2011 and 2012 are waiting too Still have 4 weeks to watch them all, though!

Also preparing some flags to wave... French, Russian (to support R.Rusinov) and some sort of "Aussie national colours" flag (to support J.Bright)

Is it allowed to wave the flags, while on grandstand, or is it not? It may hinder the view for other spectators on the grandstand, I guess...
Old 14 May 2013, 08:02 (Ref:3247157)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
People do wave flags but try to respect the people behind you, the other thing is remember you will be there a long time and it will be very hot so caryy as little as possible around otherwise you will regret it
Old 14 May 2013, 08:11 (Ref:3247163)   #70
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
People do wave flags but try to respect the people behind you, the other thing is remember you will be there a long time and it will be very hot so caryy as little as possible around otherwise you will regret it
Yes and as it will be hot some short of sun shade and sunscreen is a must
Old 14 May 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3247186)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, absolutely flaming hot!!! Suncream and hats will be essential!
Old 14 May 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3247199)   #72
Alex Toropov
Racer

I saw a lot of rain falling during previous "24 Heures du Mans" editions on TV, or was I watching the wrong race? Anyway, thank you for advices, we'll try to be really prepared for any weather (rain or shine), while trying to carry as little as possible on the track, as GT6 said. 4 more weeks to read everything on TT and other LM sites and prepare Can't wait
Old 14 May 2013, 10:23 (Ref:3247225)   #73
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This never happened!

Old 14 May 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3247227)   #74
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This never happened!

No, of course not, it was early morning during the Test Day and it was dry ever since.
Old 14 May 2013, 11:03 (Ref:3247237)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is amazing how modern computers can be used to change things in pictures it actually looks like precipitation in that picture and we all know that it is not allowed to happen while we are at le mans.