Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 May 2013, 16:58 (Ref:3247344)   #1
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2013 When do you start your Trip ??

Would be nice to know when everybody started to Le Mans

For the Test Day we go by Train , started June 7th late Afternoon and go back Monday 10th . For the Race Week we started on Friday 14th late Evening and going home Monday 24th late Evening
Old 14 May 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3247347)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Early-morning flight to France on June 20, arriving at Le Mans around 12:00 or 1:00 pm depending on how early I make it into Paris. Trip home starts on Sunday (June 23) about 2 hours after the race finishes, spending a night in Paris before flying back home on another early-morning flight on Monday (June 24).
Old 14 May 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3247352)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Depart tuesday morning the 18th of June. Arrive 14ish at Tertre Rouge.
Leave again monday morning 24th.
Old 14 May 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3247363)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Leave home early on wednesday 19th leave immediately after the race to get the 22.20 shuttle back to the UK
Old 14 May 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3247382)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well be off on Saturday 15th June - ferry at 2.45 pm from Pompey.

Returning late afternoon on Monday 24th June.
Old 14 May 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3247387)   #6
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Flying out of Dublin first thing on the morning of the 19th and flying home the Monday evening
Old 14 May 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3247433)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
test day : friday early morning (5:30) return sunday evening
race week : wednesday morning (around 8:00) back on sunday evening
my chance: less than 4 hours to the goal
Old 14 May 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3247460)   #8
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
In theory we start every year for next year, after returning home from Le Mans.
In reallity we set of on tuesday evening, arrival on wednesday morning!
Old 14 May 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3247472)   #9
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monday to Monday.

Overnight stop in Birmingham then burn down to Dover and hop over to Calais. Should be there in time to just miss the autograph session with wewantourdarbyback on Tuesday evening.

Drive back after a good night's sleep on Monday.
Old 14 May 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3247508)   #10
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Driving down on sunday 16 th. arriving round 15.00, back on monday 24th.
Old 14 May 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3247520)   #11
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As Simmi said, depart my flat in Brum around 7am on the 18th, lunchtimish ferry then a blast to Houx before picking up supplies at the yearly trip to Carrefour.

No doubt a late night explore of the village will follow again as it has the previous two years.

We will leave some time around 8am on Monday 24 after watching the queues to depart post race and having a good sleep.
Old 14 May 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3247525)   #12
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I started my trip in June 1984..... Been on it ever since ..
Old 14 May 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3247536)   #13
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I started my trip in June 1984..... Been on it ever since ..
I was waiting for someone to say this. Awesome.
Old 14 May 2013, 23:32 (Ref:3247591)   #14
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Departing from Utrecht, Holland in the early Wednesdaymorning, hoping to arrive around 3 o' clock in the afternoon.
Leaving Le Mans on the Mondaymorning again.
Old 15 May 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3247634)   #15
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Departing from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport at 21:30 GMT on June 9. Will be arriving in London Heathrow Airport 7:00 GMT the next morning, June 10. I'll be staying at a pleasant Hilton Airport hotel for a few days to get over jetlag. Then a flight from London Heathrow to Zurich Airport. Then a nice week or so in the Swiss Alps, enjoying the scenery and Swiss cheese. Then a leisurely tour from Geneva to Tours, where I will stay from approximately the 17th-18th. Finally, I head to Le Mans on Wednesday (or maybe Thursday - I'll have to check the reservations). After watching the race, I'll be heading down to Paul Ricard for the Blancpain Endurance Series race. Then I'll go back to Zurich on the 2nd of July. Fly from Zurich to London on the 3rd, then a layover, and finally London to Dallas. Then, I will wallow in my misery and longing once again!
Old 15 May 2013, 06:17 (Ref:3247696)   #16
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Usually I try to make a holiday of it and marshal another event before or after Le Mans, but my current work obligations have made it impossible this year. As in, yes, I'm obligated to be at work and if I don't I won't have any money to go anywhere next year because I will be unemployed. Sigh. (Probably because I will have been at work a total of three and a half weeks between Long Beach in April and Le Mans in June. I don't understand why this is a problem, but apparently it is.)

So doing the "rock star" trip -- leave Vancouver the Monday night, arrive at CDG Tuesday morning. Train to Le Mans, then tram to Antares. Sunday night, find a cheap hotel somewhere within an hour of CDG, and then home Monday.

My husband says he worked out the numbers, and this is cheaper than him listening to me whine and ***** about not being there. Or so he says.
keke
Old 15 May 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3247698)   #17
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year, we're travelling over early on Wednesday morning, via the Chunnel.

Leaving on Sunday, not too long after the race.

Next year I think we'll be back to Tuesday --> Monday. But as I'm going to the Monaco GP this year (first and possibly only time) I can't quite justify taking more time off for LM.

Let's just hope the weather picks up!!!
Old 15 May 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3247699)   #18
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Departing from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport at 21:30 GMT on June 9. Will be arriving in London Heathrow Airport 7:00 GMT the next morning, June 10. I'll be staying at a pleasant Hilton Airport hotel for a few days to get over jetlag. Then a flight from London Heathrow to Zurich Airport. Then a nice week or so in the Swiss Alps, enjoying the scenery and Swiss cheese. Then a leisurely tour from Geneva to Tours, where I will stay from approximately the 17th-18th. Finally, I head to Le Mans on Wednesday (or maybe Thursday - I'll have to check the reservations). After watching the race, I'll be heading down to Paul Ricard for the Blancpain Endurance Series race. Then I'll go back to Zurich on the 2nd of July. Fly from Zurich to London on the 3rd, then a layover, and finally London to Dallas. Then, I will wallow in my misery and longing once again!
Sounds like hell.

I will be leaving Leeds on the Tuesday, stopping over with my brother in London, then we head for Dover early Wednesday morning. Returning to reality on the Monday morning. Close now!
Old 15 May 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3247745)   #19
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will be leaving home (aarhus) on Sunday/Monday to visit my parents (on the way). I will then leave their place around wednesday to Flensburg, where I meet up with the rest of my travel group, and away for Le Mans we go.
I arrive at Le Mans thursday morning.
Old 15 May 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3247851)   #20
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 2013

How about:

06:10 Flight Manchester - Paris on race day, 12:00 TGV from Paris to Le Mans.
17:00 TGV direct to Airport on the Sunday, evening flight back to Manchester!!

It was that or miss this years race, and we all know that isn't an option!
Old 15 May 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3247857)   #21
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
That is some dedication! Good one!
Old 15 May 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3247933)   #22
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving home Sunday 16th of June in the morning, arrive at Houx Sunday afternoon. Just in time for Scruteneering day 1.
Leaving Le Mans Monday morning 24th of June and start making plans for 2014
Old 15 May 2013, 16:38 (Ref:3247947)   #23
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iucrmh View Post
How about:

06:10 Flight Manchester - Paris on race day, 12:00 TGV from Paris to Le Mans.
17:00 TGV direct to Airport on the Sunday, evening flight back to Manchester!!

It was that or miss this years race, and we all know that isn't an option!
Totally Adicted, Love it, high respect for you.
Old 15 May 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3248086)   #24
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrive wednesday morning. Time to get settled before practice at 1600! Less than 5 weeks from now!
Old 15 May 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3248098)   #25
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Blymey ! That sounds like a very, very nice trip alltogether ! I guess you could see the Blancpain series at Ricard as sort of a 'dessert' then.