Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3261982)   #51
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I confess that Froiggy's is a new one to me, but looks worth a visit.

I take it you wouldn't have a problem staying overnight at the Chateau? I've only done it once, but would happily do it again if I could afford it. Dinner, B&B there would cost more than I spend on the annual visit to LM!
Staying overnight at the Chateau, or indeed in any of the other remarkably nice hotels (even the fairly anonymous Best Western has its moments) would in no way be a hardship, but I suspect would rather delay my arrival at Le Mans on the Thursday.

Froggy's well worth a visit, nice ambience and as it's the bistro for La Grennouillere has Alexandre Gauthier imprimatur on it, and thus the food is remarkably good - the bone marrow starter is a complete revelation...

One of the compromises of coming to Le Mans is putting Mrs Isynge up in a nice hotel on the way down and back, and dining accordingly. It tends to put the price of the trip up, but I don't see any grounds for complaint at all!
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3261990)   #52
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good restaurant

if you want to have Ã* good meal when you'll be in le mans you can go at 'les matfeux'
i really like to go there. I tried lots of restaurant in le mans and for me it is one of the best.

there is a huge card of wines and the people there is sweet
Old 13 Jun 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3261993)   #53
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
if you want to have Ã* good meal when you'll be in le mans you can go at 'les matfeux'
i really like to go there. I tried lots of restaurant in le mans and for me it is one of the best.

there is a huge card of wines and the people there is sweet
Agreed, even if I haven't been there since 1985. L'Auberge des Matfeux is on the left as you leave Arnage on the main road south.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3262220)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's it. Work done......
Old 13 Jun 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3262223)   #55
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
For me tomorrow until 12.30pm to work . We will started round 9 pm
Old 13 Jun 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3262266)   #56
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Me too, not back in the office till the 26th.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3262267)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2nd July.......
Old 13 Jun 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3262332)   #58
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This evening I packed the car and lucky me, it all fitted, including my bigger tent. Now two more days of hard work and early sundaymorning I'm off.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 04:34 (Ref:3262429)   #59
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Me too, not back in the office till the 26th.

Office?

Oh yes, I remember one of those - I think?
Being ancient has some advantages!
Old 14 Jun 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3262440)   #60
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
This time last year I was still working in the office, but I can just about remember what it was like, and not sad that the bank decided to let me retire early
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3262549)   #61
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I still have 3.5 days of work left! I thought we were all in this together. Come on guys!
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3262554)   #62
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2,5 days of work for me!
Old 14 Jun 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3262557)   #63
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I still have 3.5 days of work left! I thought we were all in this together. Come on guys!
I'll be thinking of all you guys still at work. See you in LM
Old 14 Jun 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3262591)   #64
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Simmi, I feel for you.
On now until 5pm Monday, then Tuesday to recover & pack - 0430 departure for 1300 arrival. Praying for a quiet weekend. Tho a couple of overnight jobs would get my body clock set to 24 race pace.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 11:47 (Ref:3262611)   #65
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Work is done .A few hours Sleep , we will started at 9 pm . Wishing everybody a save Journey and see you in a few Days .
Old 14 Jun 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3262647)   #66
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
c u

yes !
see you !
Old 14 Jun 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3262656)   #67
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Couple more hours work today, then just Monday and Tuesday in the office before an early start to get to the Channel Tunnel by 0730 on Weds.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3262657)   #68
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Set off Monday for Portsmouth, overnight ferry to Caen and down to Bleu Sud via Poste 106 to say hello! Back on the Monday late.
Old 14 Jun 2013, 14:13 (Ref:3262660)   #69
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Couple more hours work today, then just Monday and Tuesday in the office before an early start to get to the Channel Tunnel by 0730 on Weds.
Might see you there we are on the 7.50 shuttle look our for us silver jag estate
Old 14 Jun 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3262681)   #70
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very good, we're the 0820 train. (Orange Volvo)
Old 14 Jun 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3262718)   #71
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if you get on the earlier shuttle might see you, we are meetinf a few others so will pick the 7.50 crossing at the automatic barrier even if offered the earlier one, (usually get three choices)
Old 14 Jun 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3262727)   #72
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No trip for me. Waiting for you impatiently. Take care on the roads
Old 14 Jun 2013, 21:50 (Ref:3262838)   #73
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I am jealous - my weekend will be flatout helping organise this: http://www.thesupercarevent.com/ then 2 more days at work before fianlly settng off on Wednesday morning
Old 14 Jun 2013, 23:28 (Ref:3262858)   #74
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The 'free' days have started for me now. Tomorrow we'll visit a millitary airshow(Red Arrows and Patrouille de France included ), dinerparty afterwards, then Sunday is for serious packing, Monday I might try to get meself A large Toyota flag of one of the local Toyota dealers, Teusday last details,

And then Wednesdaymornin', we're oFF !

Old 15 Jun 2013, 07:03 (Ref:3262916)   #75
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It seems to me that Wednesday morning there will be a mass emigration from the far corners of he world to the mecca of la sarthe, by this time on wednesday we will be somewhere beneath the english channel