Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 12 Jan 2003, 12:24 (Ref:471971)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WoO !!!! on Motors TV

Motors TV now has World of Outlaws sprint car racing on. Its repeated fairly often too so nobody has any excuse for missing this fantastic series.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 00:03 (Ref:472545)   #2
gofastturnleft
Rookie

gofastturnleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is Motors TV broadcast ghinzani? The Outlaws are supposed to be on Speed here in the states next year along with USAC and dirt Late Models all in one night each week. Any station that runs these guys is OK in my book!

Dan
Old 13 Jan 2003, 09:31 (Ref:472814)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only in Europe Dan! But I don't understand this,it IS the speed channel coverage with original US comentators and the word SPEED keeps flashing on the screen!
Also ex SPEED and just arrived here months late,via SKY WMS is the Barber Pro Series,saw Lime Rock yesterday.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:06 (Ref:473089)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Motors TV is shown as a free channel on Sky Digital in the UK if that helps.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:54 (Ref:473137)   #5
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV has been the best thing to happen to motorsport TV in the UK, particularly with their imported US coverage (Outlaws, ASA, Transam, Toyota Atlantic etc etc). If they could also get hold of Speed Channel's USAC programming during the coming season (Silver Crown, Sprints and Midgets)that would be really unmissable. As spectacular as the Outlaws, but with plenty of overtaking too.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 15:59 (Ref:473144)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JP
Motors TV has been the best thing to happen to motorsport TV in the UK,
your right there !....when it first came on to our screens i thought it was going to be a cheap little channel that shows year old repeats of drag racing or something.........but it has proved me so wrong..........it is the best channel now for sure.
Old 13 Jan 2003, 17:51 (Ref:473258)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only they had CART live!
Old 13 Jan 2003, 23:16 (Ref:473439)   #8
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gofastturnleft
Where is Motors TV broadcast ghinzani? The Outlaws are supposed to be on Speed here in the states next year along with USAC and dirt Late Models all in one night each week. Any station that runs these guys is OK in my book!

Dan
Sorry friend missed your post - unfortunately its a European station only, however you might be able to re-point a satellite dish at it? Its actually come out of France, which is quite amazing in itself!
Old 14 Jan 2003, 09:28 (Ref:473711)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone know exactly how much of the season they'll be broadcasting? To me (novice ) - it looks like they're joining the season from when SPEED took over which is well into the season. Reckon they'll just be doing the rounds that SPEED covered, missing out [American please insert number here] rounds?
Old 14 Jan 2003, 12:28 (Ref:473819)   #10
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As it is the SPEED coverage they are showing, that makes sense! Both programmes I have seen were at somewhere called Red River Raceway.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 12:43 (Ref:473834)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

they do tend to repeat them quite a bit - but then again Icant get enough of that throttle wide open mayhem!!

I hear from American friends there is a PS2 game called World of Outlaws which is apparently brilliant - just praying they release it here, preferably for the PC.
Old 14 Jan 2003, 13:57 (Ref:473899)   #12
gofastturnleft
Rookie

Wow, you guys are in from some great coverage of they continue that feed.

In regard to the Outlaws schedule, not even Speed TV here covers the whole deal. They run between sixty and seventy feature events per year. I think they will have 18-20 of them on Speed next year. The programming will broadcast here on Thursday evenings for the most part although they will be covering a number of special shows on the weekends that are can't miss shows.

USAC will get about an equal amount of playing time to the Outlaws next year. Neat part about the USAC coverage is that you'll likely see three differetn classes on both dirt and pavement throughout the year. Everything from 1/5th of a mile pavement to one mile dirt tracks. Great racing.

They have also added UDTRA Late Model racing on dirt. This can be some pretty wild racing. An occasional dog in the mix but most shows are a blast. Beats the heck out of anything else with fenders.

Speed will have some great CART coverage again. I hope you are lucky enough to get that as well. While I do favor the IRL, I still enjoy CART and the coverage they get on Speed is enough to make any diehard IRL fan envious.

As far as that Outlaws computer game, there are two on the market so be careful. You want the one from Ratbag called DirtTrack Racing Sprint Cars. They also make one for dirt stock cars but it isn't quite as cool. You can find this game easily on eBay. I think you can order it new still by checking around at www.hoseheads.com which is a website that covers short track open wheel racing. There always seemed to be a link at his website to buy a copy. If you need any help tracking a copy down drop me an e-mail. I'm sure I can find the info for you.

Dan
Old 14 Jan 2003, 20:41 (Ref:474342)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Motors TV owned by Eurosport ?......only i think i read it was somewhere.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 11:22 (Ref:474919)   #14
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Don't think so - even though I have heard though - why would they launch it when it goes into direct competition wiht events like CART.

For gofast, last year MotorsTV brought us CART (hour higlights), NASCAR BGN, Transam, F. Atlantic, ALMS plus loads of bikes from the states. We also got IRL on a different channel. Nice set
Old 15 Jan 2003, 12:56 (Ref:475001)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
It seems to be French based,but does not show any current French racing. There used to be be a programme called 'Motors' on Eurosport,which did show French F3 ,etc.

Last edited by Rob29; 15 Jan 2003 at 12:59.
Old 15 Jan 2003, 16:00 (Ref:475126)   #16
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
But many of the commentators are the same ?
Old 15 Jan 2003, 18:35 (Ref:475397)   #17
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
two commentators. Including MArtin Haven who also in the past has worked for Channel 4. Ben Edwards (ex-Eurosport) also worked for Sky, Channel 5 and Channel 4 whilst workin for Eurosport.

Commentators take as many jobs as they can - they need money like you and me! :-D
Old 16 Jan 2003, 03:53 (Ref:475899)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by gofastturnleft

As far as that Outlaws computer game, there are two on the market so be careful. You want the one from Ratbag called DirtTrack Racing Sprint Cars. They also make one for dirt stock cars but it isn't quite as cool. You can find this game easily on eBay. I think you can order it new still by checking around at www.hoseheads.com which is a website that covers short track open wheel racing. There always seemed to be a link at his website to buy a copy. If you need any help tracking a copy down drop me an e-mail. I'm sure I can find the info for you.

Dan
Is that Ratbag game "Dirt Track Racing Sprint Cars" the same as the PS2 game "World of Outlaws Sprint Car Racing 2002 " do you know? I am holding back on buying a PS2 until the PS3 arrives but this game is whats testing my patience... if I can get something to fill my time on the PC it would be good. Ive always loved Oval games, from Papyrus's original Indy500 for the Amiga, thru Milwaukee on Newman-Haas racing for the PS1 and onto Nascar 2000. But I wanna get my boots dirty!!
Old 16 Jan 2003, 14:28 (Ref:476245)   #19
gofastturnleft
Rookie

I did a little digging and from what I've been told this new PS2 game is a little different than the computer version. That was word of mouth though, not first hand experience so take it for what it is worth.

I wouldn't think twice about buying the PC version though. Lot's of fun if not a little frustrating at times. There are many outlets to race online with others too. Some of those guys spend waaaaaayyyyy too much time on the computer though I think. Either that or Lasoski and Kinser found something to do to kill time when on the road. <G>

Dan
Old 16 Jan 2003, 14:54 (Ref:476265)   #20
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

I just downloaded the Ratbag demo - and I thinbk I might already have this game but have never played it! I'l go check.....