Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:56 (Ref:1185801)   #1
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RALLYE Sunseeker

Had a request for marshals from Rallye Sunseekers and thoght I could post it here:
"First round of ANCRO National Rally Championship - when top class national rallying returns to the forests of South Dorset and Bournmouth....."

This is on 25/26 Feb 2005 and they are looking for marshals to phone the Chief Marshal on 01273 551145 or email "chief.marshal@rallyesunseeker.co.uk"
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1185879)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I've made this a hot topic for you Peter. Good luck with getting a few new faces on board.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1186203)   #3
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Historic RAF Tangmere, West Sussex
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good event well worth the effort.
Last year was interesting when we got up in the morning to see snow!
Always a good entry list over 100 cars.
See you there.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1186290)   #4
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Health warning to marshals. This year ensure any hired private security muscle is under YOUR direct management at any location you agree to marshal.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1186303)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blimey, the 1st meeting of the year & already it's a date clash! I'd like to do the Sunseeker but the Pomeroy Trophy @ Silverstone is my traditional season opener.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1186314)   #6
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Circuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCircuitmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone in the snow!!
If there is snow then you can do the rally, I'm sure you will be welcome on the day.
As it says in your signature........... Always expect the unexpected!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 23:49 (Ref:1186375)   #7
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Bournemouth sea front stages of this are usually run by BARC and availabity forms should be available early in the New Year.
Ian
Old 23 Dec 2004, 00:18 (Ref:1186400)   #8
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would love to come to this event, although goings on from last year have put me off and also the 25th is my bro's 18th birthday!!!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 00:47 (Ref:1186413)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I enjoyed it last year but then I'm on the media list so get very well treated! any ten tenths lot in FYEO on sat night get a dance on me!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1186499)   #10
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
I would love to come to this event, although goings on from last year have put me off and also the 25th is my bro's 18th birthday!!!
Was it that bad or are you using that as a reason for Bro's party?
Must admit all the years I've been doing it, it's always been well run and up front with the little thank you goodies ie lunch pack, radio etc.
You could take your Bro to FYEO then on to the rally!!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 09:05 (Ref:1186546)   #11
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh I'd forgotten about FYEO!
Yes it was that bad, a friend of mine got punched.
Think I'll leave this one to Sam! And no you can't take my bro with you.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1186739)   #12
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan and I will probably be there but not marshalling. This is one event where we stay with my Mum and Dad. They drop us off to watch a stage, we then go to the pub for lunch, and watch another stage in the afternoon, and are then finally collected from the pub (after one more drink, or two).
Old 23 Dec 2004, 19:53 (Ref:1187005)   #13
Anuauto
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
any ten tenths lot in FYEO on sat night get a dance on me!
Whilst the thought of dancing on ss_c is not an appealing one, the prospect of him paying for an FYEO lady to demonstrate the technique has much more to commend it......
Old 26 Dec 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1188089)   #14
sjw75
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
sjw75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent days motorsport, good marshals always needed. See you there.

Si

Team circuitmarshal "In-out round and round"
Old 27 Dec 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1188425)   #15
sinex
Rookie

United Kingdom
Eastleigh
sinex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have helped out at the sunseeker for the last 8 years and never had any problems!!!

I would like to know what my learned collegue's friend did to get punched!!!

May i suggest that he comes along and helps at the scruitineering on the friday, that way he will be working with a very friendly crew who would welcome him with open arms rather tham submit him to Bournemouths answer to Wrestlemania!!!

Old 27 Dec 2004, 14:50 (Ref:1188436)   #16
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England

Sinex, Good to see your going to be taking it easy in Bournmouth, at least you be with the rest of the OLDIES!! It's their town.
See you again at Gurston a few times this year, enjoyed it so much the last time even you didn't put me off.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 12:14 (Ref:1189325)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
IIRC he asked the said security guard to move as he was in a dangerous place, or the guard had moved spectators to a dangerous place and he asked them to move them back again. My friend is a very experienced rally driver and as he was out of action at the time he decided to put his experience to use and marshal, this is not the way volunteers should be treated. I can't remember the exact details, as it was a while ago.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 19:51 (Ref:1189494)   #18
Anuauto
Racer

It was way more serious than that. He was pushed and punched in a control area when taking up position to receive the first car and wearing reflective tabard etc by a thug working for a "security" company (contracted by the organisers) who had not previously made himself known to marshals at the control. He apppeared to have been selected for this violent assault solely because he was nearest marshal to the thug concerned. The assailant was eventually ejected from the control without physical force by other marshals and proceeded to "phone friends" (including managers of the company concerned) who arrived and were abusive to the marshals to the extent that the marshals feared for their safety then and later (and feared retalliation if they had called the police). An official incident report was handed to the Chief Judge of Fact. It has been alledged that the CofC later denied being aware of it (and claimed to be "too busy" on the night to speak to the victim.People will know only a fatality or serious injury should have taken precedence in officials time - and there were none).
The warning above was not an idle one. Any marshals are very strongly cautioned to obtain written confirmation that any hired muscle at their location is placed clearly under their direct management control. The victims too had "never had any trouble before".
Old 30 Dec 2004, 14:03 (Ref:1189905)   #19
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Thank you Anuauto, I was unsure of the complete details, although knew that the marshal concerned was set upon unfairly.

Lets hope that nothing of this sort happens again.
Old 30 Dec 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1189909)   #20
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In my opinion - Seafront stages, boring - no communication from event organisers, first and last time I'll do that!

Oh yeh free food voucher no use after event finished as they had packed up!!
Old 30 Dec 2004, 20:18 (Ref:1190077)   #21
Circuitmarshal
Veteran

England

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprescott
Oh yeh free food voucher no use after event finished as they had packed up!!
Not the first time I've heard this about the food thing, if you were at the stop line area you had no chance of getting back.
Old 31 Dec 2004, 19:31 (Ref:1190724)   #22
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
An answer to that would be to join ss_collins in the pub that overlooks the stage.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1191671)   #23
Avalarf
Rookie

United Kingdom
S W Surrey
Avalarf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pub overlooking stage, how much of the stage can you see, and can we get the radio cars in????
We done radio on the stop line last year and had a food ticket, but as has been said, it closed before the end so we couldn't get back in time.
We are back this year, so will try and get closer to the start!
Dave.

Chief Marshal
Farnborough District Motor Club.
Old 2 Jan 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1191676)   #24
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
I'm not entirely sure how much of the stage you can see, I remember him phoning me from the balcony of they pub and hearing the cars go past fairly close to them.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1192432)   #25
telfire
Rookie

United Kingdom
Winchester hants
telfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did finnish line again last year on the Seafront. Had a meal ticket and got a free meal. We didn't leave the finnish line until it was packed up. Will be doing to same this year. If the weather is good we might have the Aston out for a run.