Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Apr 2003, 06:27 (Ref:557965)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tuning manuals available - free

I have the following available if anyone wants them - free - but you have to arrange to pick them up from the outer eastern Melbourne Subrurbs.

Email me at racenews@racenews.com.au if interested:

Tuning the Mini 3rd ed by Clive Trickey
More Mini tuning 2nd ed by Clive Trickey
Weber Carburettors by John Passini - 1. Theory
Weber Carburettors by John Passini - 2. Tuning & Maintenance
Old 4 Apr 2003, 08:34 (Ref:558067)   #2
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Tuning manuals available - free

Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
I have the following available if anyone wants them - free - but you have to arrange to pick them up from the outer eastern Melbourne Subrurbs.

Email me at racenews@racenews.com.au if interested:

Tuning the Mini 3rd ed by Clive Trickey
More Mini tuning 2nd ed by Clive Trickey
Weber Carburettors by John Passini - 1. Theory
Weber Carburettors by John Passini - 2. Tuning & Maintenance
Awwwww, you teaser, I would have grabbed the Trickeys for sure!!
Can't I interest you in coming up to the Eastern Creek V8s please, please, pretty please Race (sorry I missed meeting you at the F1GP - but hey, i was ta the after race party!!!)
Old 5 Apr 2003, 00:32 (Ref:558931)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Bugger - because I'm no longer receiving email notifications of replies to this forum I missed this before someone else had already asked me about them - if they decide not to pick them up will let you know. I will be at Wakefield over Easter however...

Was too stuffed for the after race party - btw - what were you doing at the GP?
Old 5 Apr 2003, 04:57 (Ref:559045)   #4
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will be at Wakefield over Easter however...

So will i, any timing "assistance" that can be given to improved production car No 53, red Rx7 would be greatly appreciated . Yes, i am having a drive after 10 years break

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 5 Apr 2003, 07:57 (Ref:559097)   #5
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flagging at Turn 5

Quote:
Bugger - because I'm no longer receiving email notifications of replies to this forum I missed this before someone else had already asked me about them - if they decide not to pick them up will let you know. I will be at Wakefield over Easter however...

Was too stuffed for the after race party - btw - what were you doing at the GP?
Race, I was Flagging at Turn 5 in Melbourne and had a ball - quite an interesting race from the F1 Dentist Drills for a change (Webber is injecting a great amount of interest for Aussies)

At the after race party I was hugely surprised when we won "The Best Sector" on the track award (just the icing on the cake for me!)

I have asked about Eastern Creek V8s in May so may not be at Wakefield for Easter (brownie point gathering, money saving etc etc )

So maybe just keep me in mind in the future when the A Series engines giveaways come around next time!!
Old 5 Apr 2003, 11:35 (Ref:559201)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

275 GTB-4 - so must have been there when I came around taking photos during the day...hmm turn 5 - was that inside or outside? (Imanaged to walk around the track - both inside and outside) on Fri and Sat and made it as far as, so I believe, Turn 5 on Sunday (where did the Jaguar stop about 7-8 laps from the finish - near turn 5 wasn't it? If so I was there as well taking pics...

BTW - the books got picked up this afternoon unfortunately....
Old 5 Apr 2003, 11:36 (Ref:559202)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by mtpanorama
So will i, any timing "assistance" that can be given to improved production car No 53, red Rx7 would be greatly appreciated . Yes, i am having a drive after 10 years break
Make sure you come and introduce youerself then...I shouldbe there from Thursday morning..
Old 5 Apr 2003, 23:18 (Ref:559625)   #8
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Turn Five, Drivers Left!

Quote:
275 GTB-4 - so must have been there when I came around taking photos during the day...hmm
[yep, I vaguely remember someone doin that - think you took a pi of the Commyoonicators??]
turn 5 - was that inside or outside? (I managed to walk around the track - both inside and outside) on Fri and Sat and made it as far as, so I believe, Turn 5 on Sunday (where did the Jaguar stop about 7-8 laps from the finish - near turn 5 wasn't it? If so I was there as well taking pics...

The Jag-war stopped between Turns 4 and 5 (drivers right). Unfortunately, the best efforts of the Trackies and a firey to try and push it more off line resulted in the thing being "beached" on a kerb. That was the end of that, there was smoke coming from the engine cowling and the brave little fire fighter (a Nedderlander I am tinkin) had to make several more trips out to get a closer look with extinguisher in hand.

BTW - the books got picked up this afternoon unfortunately.... So sad, promise not to slash my wrists!! :confused:
Old 6 Apr 2003, 18:17 (Ref:560237)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

Re: Turn Five, Drivers Left!

Quote:
Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
The Jag-war stopped between Turns 4 and 5 (drivers right). Unfortunately, the best efforts of the Trackies and a firey to try and push it more off line resulted in the thing being "beached" on a kerb. That was the end of that, there was smoke coming from the engine cowling and the brave little fire fighter (a Nedderlander I am tinkin) had to make several more trips out to get a closer look with extinguisher in hand.
Yep - managed to get a series of pics of this happening - have to place them on the web site for you to see...