Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Aug 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3567567)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oak Tree Grand Prix at VIR Aug 21-23

http://www.imsa.com/races/virginia-i...tional-raceway

Didn't see a thread, so I'll go. joeb, add in the rest of my links.

Unfortunately, i'll be flying during the race, so I'll catch it on replay.

VIR is getting really close to my favorite American Circuit, if not my favorite, period.

Schedule

Entry List

Weather

Spotters Guide

Track Map

IMSA Radio/Streaming

Fantasy Racing

Last edited by joeb; 22 Aug 2015 at 00:50.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 00:52 (Ref:3567604)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Didn't see a thread, so I'll go. joeb, add in the rest of my links.
Here's what I think about that
Old 22 Aug 2015, 00:56 (Ref:3567605)   #3
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the Viper team should withdraw. The BoP on them is a disgrace.

As far as GTLM goes, do you think Corvette is off the pace again? Although I am certainly cheering for Risi this week as they have not won yet this year.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 02:15 (Ref:3567615)   #4
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fully expect this race to be a full green flag run from start to finish. For sure no more than one FCY.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 03:02 (Ref:3567620)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no idea why I'm not at this race. I didn't realize they moved it to August. ****.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3567672)   #6
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I think the Viper team should withdraw. The BoP on them is a disgrace.

As far as GTLM goes, do you think Corvette is off the pace again? Although I am certainly cheering for Risi this week as they have not won yet this year.
Risi whom here last year and they have been given bop breaks, so it is likely their race to lose.

I don't know what will be up with the corvettes, some people here think they are sandbagging but I don't think they can afford that unless they have given up on the season.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3567673)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I have no idea why I'm not at this race. I didn't realize they moved it to August. ****.
PP Planning on our part; slightly worse than last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Here's what I think about that
Thanks, BigGuy!
Old 22 Aug 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3567680)   #8
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
It was this same weekend last year too.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3567694)   #9
jasonjessica09
Veteran

I always like to compare performances between classes. With no prototypes here is something interesting: Look at the qualifying times from VIR the last time prototypes were here in 2013. Particularly LMP2 and LMPC

http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...013-10-05.html

As of this mornings practice session the BMW Z4's cracked the 1 min 41 range. Pretty darn impressive. I think the prototype cars today are slower than the ALMS LMP2 cars from 2013 and LMPC for sure is not as quick as it was in 2013 as well. If the prototype class was running at VIR this weekend, I think GTLM would be very very close to them.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3567707)   #10
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I always like to compare performances between classes. With no prototypes here is something interesting: Look at the qualifying times from VIR the last time prototypes were here in 2013. Particularly LMP2 and LMPC

http://www.racingsportscars.com/resu...013-10-05.html

As of this mornings practice session the BMW Z4's cracked the 1 min 41 range. Pretty darn impressive. I think the prototype cars today are slower than the ALMS LMP2 cars from 2013 and LMPC for sure is not as quick as it was in 2013 as well. If the prototype class was running at VIR this weekend, I think GTLM would be very very close to them.
Comparison for 2012 and 2013 VIR is unfair because the track was entirely resurfaced for 2014. GTEs as whole are also allowed to run bigger air restrictors and stuff than they used to so it's not all due to natural evolution
Old 22 Aug 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3567714)   #11
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
CTSCC race has kicked off, this should be another good one.

Edit - No Nick, that sort of overtake doesn't work in real life.

Last edited by J Jay; 22 Aug 2015 at 17:34.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3567715)   #12
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Giovanis was ploughed into the tyres then! Thankfully he seems okay and has managed to get the car to the pits, even though it is certainly out of the race.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 18:36 (Ref:3567723)   #13
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Not been Hammann's best race, he's out after losing it only to be collected by Buford (?) who spun trying to avoid him. It might benefit Rum Bum somewhat, with fewer cars to race it Plumb might be able to consolidate second and get a decent points haul.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3567729)   #14
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I heard the GT4 Porsche Caymans will be in the GS class, that's good I hope, that class needs a boost. It's good manufacturers are upping their game in Conti.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3567734)   #15
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Hahaha! Both the leading Nissan & Aston have been caught out with stretching their tanks (albeit Sandberg pitted while Zacharias didn't) and that let's Plumb in the Rum Bum cruise to victory!

Just for added ignominy the #14 brings out a FCY for stopping on track. And the #18 GS Porsche has lost a front wheel somewhere. And Plumb is on the pit lane speed limiter crawling to the flag! And the #99 has stopped on track now!

That was a topsy-turvy race finish.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3567740)   #16
BullMan
Veteran

The 18 got hit when the FCY came out by the 51 Mustang and it broke the wheel off.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3567745)   #17
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Gutted for Doran again.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3567748)   #18
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Gutted for Doran again.
Stopped feeling bad for them when they didn't bother to get off the track and brought out the FCY at the end.
Old 22 Aug 2015, 20:50 (Ref:3567749)   #19
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Took a gamble, didn't work and then messed with everyone elses race too.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 00:01 (Ref:3567790)   #20
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can we keep the Conti series race talk in the general Conti series thread or something?

It's hard enough to avoid the spoilers from the races pasted all over the SC365 site. I came to this thread to see if there were any updates on the TUSC pre-qualifying/pre-race stuff because I was avoiding the SC365 site for that exact reason.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3567796)   #21
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Corvette isn't sand bagging,it's all bop/Aop.its the same thing as last year,let corvette win every thing at the first of the year and jump the championship.then peg them back and give bop breaks to every one else so they win and the championship tightens up just in time for petit.then they almost even everyone out so its a tight race for the championship in the last race,oh the drama!

They did it last year and the viper won the championship and then jumped the imsa ship.same thing is going on this year,gtlm is cool and used to be my favorite in alms but now these bop shenanigans it all just a contrived show!
Old 23 Aug 2015, 01:54 (Ref:3567806)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Can we keep the Conti series race talk in the general Conti series thread or something?

It's hard enough to avoid the spoilers from the races pasted all over the SC365 site. I came to this thread to see if there were any updates on the TUSC pre-qualifying/pre-race stuff because I was avoiding the SC365 site for that exact reason.
I do see what you are saying, but I think talking about support races in the race thread for the main event is actually a good move.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3567886)   #23
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Every comment on VIR's qualifying articles over at S365 and Racer + Reddit threads involves people fighting over BoP, love it
Old 23 Aug 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3567938)   #24
jasonjessica09
Veteran

I won't be able to follow the race live due to going out of the house and all on a summer Sunday.

My thoughts is that it could be similar to Road America a battle between Porsche N.A. and the Risi Ferrari. BMW might mix it up but will end up no higher than second. I fear that Falken and Corvette will battle for 6th, 7th, 8th, I hope my last prediction is wrong.

Should be a good one. Expect no more than one safety car. Perhaps none at all. Would be great if that is the case and it would help encourage future all GT events. If so then maybe it will encourage IMSA to take LMPC out of Lime Rock and split up Laguna next year.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3567960)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
good race through the first set of pit stops. I love watching cars go around VIR, all grass runoff works for me.