Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Feb 2004, 21:33 (Ref:887746)   #1
PolarisDriver
Rookie

PolarisDriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
US GP - best view

...of the grid will probably be from a minardi but..

any suggestions as to the best grandstand?

cheers
AD
Old 27 Feb 2004, 21:56 (Ref:887759)   #2
pshoe001
Rookie

pshoe001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
J Stand.
Old 27 Feb 2004, 22:09 (Ref:887771)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my one time expierience, anything with a decent view of turn 1 is great. Grandstands H & J are the ones, as high as possible. Thats where I've got my seats this year. Alot of great out-braking action, and passing, as they slow down from the long Indy straight. Man can those cars slow in a hurry, when your watching them up-close! Great stuff!

Upper deck in the Paddock Grandstand is also good. It gives you a great shot of the cars coming off of the banked turn and start down the longest straight in F1.

Better reserve some hotel rooms now though, as they fill up fast! Good seats go for 85-105 American Dollars, not bad really. Thursday, if your there, will be a pit walk-about. Its the only one in F1, I understand.

Enjoy the race, and don't miss the Indy museum, its very good!

Danica Patrick
Old 27 Feb 2004, 22:46 (Ref:887800)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
85-105$ for good seats at Indy??
Whow, a ticket for the Belgian GP costs 3 times that amount (for a 'Gold' grandstand ticket)!!
Old 27 Feb 2004, 23:06 (Ref:887815)   #5
fordtc87
Rookie

United States
Indianapolis, IN
fordtc87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The walk about was great last year and totally packed. Hopefully they spread it out and give everyone a good chance to see the cars and crews. As far as seats go, depends on what you want to see. I love the standing start and seeing the pit action, so I have seats by the start/finish line. Section J is great for the technical part of the track and they have added some good seating in the infield.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 01:19 (Ref:887892)   #6
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ASCII Man
85-105$ for good seats at Indy??
Whow, a ticket for the Belgian GP costs 3 times that amount (for a 'Gold' grandstand ticket)!!
Geez, ASC, you could practically fly to Indy, and get good seats, for less than you can get a Belgian GP ticket!

So you coming, or what?
Old 19 Jun 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1008664)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moved to trackside.

A place for you to plan your trips to the circuit - arrange meet-ups with old friends, or seek advice on the best place to watch from, the best bar to drink at, etc.