Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 17 Feb 2002, 00:30 (Ref:217462)   #1
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly is Formula Honda?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I'd like to know some more about Formula Honda, and I know there are a few people on here who are involved in the formula.

I saw them race at Oulton last year. There was quite a small field and they had wings.

I also know that in testing at Donington one of these things managed to keep up with a couple of Formula Renaults in the wet, and as a Formula Renault can do a similar thing to an F3 car, these must be quite good racing cars.

What engine size are they? Is there a web site about them? What is the chassis made out of? What's this year's calendar?

Many thanks for any information.

Paul.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 10:27 (Ref:217580)   #2
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Honda run the Honda CBR600 bike engine. They run Jedi chassis, steel spaceframe chassis. They are a Slicks and Wings series. They are run by the BRSCC so check that site ( www.brscc.co.uk ) I think this year they are running in the BRSCC/BARC single seater championship, as they have had poor grids.

They are quick little cars, faster than Formla Ford. It is a shame that the series has not took off as much, as they are quicker than Formula Ford, but at a fraction of the cost, I think the first season (including buying the car, overalls, etc) is less than £25,000, compared with FF at £100,000+.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 14:33 (Ref:217760)   #3
Aussie 05
Rookie

Aussie 05 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thats pretty good, price wise i mean.

So check out my homepage for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:36 (Ref:217785)   #4
UMBOP
Rookie

UMBOP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the formula honda grids in the past have been poor due to mis management now it is being run properly the grids are looking good for this season. the reason they are so quick is because they are basic not much to go wrong and they r extremely light weight with the minimum weight limit bein about 380 kilos with driver
Old 17 Feb 2002, 21:28 (Ref:218103)   #5
louis
Rookie

louis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Honda will be running as Formula Honda Single seater, next year and will the backbone of the class, as the single seater series struggled last year, sometimes they didn't even get to race as the grids were so small. I would be suprised if the class can even get any cars out this year at all.

Formula Honda has backing from Honda and a title sponsor, so the class is going in the right direction. The cars look and sound good and is a far better category than Zipford and is far cheaper to run.

To compete in the championship Competitively, is as little as £5000. The category teachers young drivers the art of driving a car and the driver gets to learn all the major National Circuits at a cheap price.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 21:34 (Ref:218118)   #6
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the forum Louis.
Old 19 Feb 2002, 22:14 (Ref:219183)   #7
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll echo the same as Louis. Formula Honda is a fantastic series and for the cost, your simply not going to get any better value for money!

If you want to have a look at this years calendar you can find it online at my site at http://www.andyroberts.uk.com/calendar.htm

Can't wait for the season to start!