Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 May 2004, 14:40 (Ref:981395)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok chaps-this is just a thought...(and I know they don't happen that often before MP says so 1st!). The M7RC (Mini 7 Racing Club) produce there own superb all colourmagazine...which I understand MN' have done a tie-up with so some of you may see soon. It has a very detailed race coverage from each round, social things and excellent race pictures (Ok then, I do help a little in this area!). It is by far the best club magazine there is for quality and it all comes out of the club funds (I'm 99% sure it does anyway). Would Britcar/Sports entrants mind paying a little extra to have their own magazine(maybe come straight of club funds as they are?)...perhaps have another race championship to join-in to help with costs (Ford Saloons/Fiesta's/XR Challenge as a thought) Just a an idea chaps...maybe James could give his two-bobs worth on the subject as well? Steve and all-what do you think??
Old 24 May 2004, 17:44 (Ref:981591)   #2
Steve Wood
Racer

Steve Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baz, If the EERC would have to fund a large part of the magazine costs, I can tell you now, without even consulting JT, that the answer would be negative. Collecting a surcharge on the entry, and chanelling that into a seperate magazine account, or allocating a monthly budget from EERC central funds (such as they are), is a further administrative task that the very small management/clerical team would not find time for.

Of course, anybody could start a magazine that concentrated on the EERC series, and even get official blessing, but it would have to be self-funded. For every driver that is interested in reports, news, and banter, there are two that don't give a tinker's cuss, and just want to drive racing cars.

I think the Minis, or any one-make series, are a different kettle of fish to Britcar. Possibly all of the Mini brigade race against each-other at some time, and are all Mini enthusiasts, whereas, with 4 classes, the front and back end of the grid are strangers, with totally disparate machinery, and often little in common.

I, personally, am totally without ambition or aspiration, and have no desire to be involved in the publication of magazine. I'll write reports and features, but I'll leave all the clever stuff and hard work to people that know what they're doing, and want to do it.

Thats not to say, Baz, that it's not a good idea, just that chances of official EERC involvement are remote, as is enough driver interest to make it viable.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
Old 24 May 2004, 18:07 (Ref:981623)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair comment Steve-one comment however is I personally don't think a full length race report should be posted on here. A pointer to the link of the EERC web site would be just as effective. Maybe "we" should also think about starting a new link ie: "Britcar-Part 2" as this one is getting a bit long a may cause problems for some people when downloading?
Old 24 May 2004, 18:12 (Ref:981630)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Baz, I think you're right 30 pages is big enough (so I'll just add to it shall I? )
Old 24 May 2004, 19:42 (Ref:981765)   #5
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To anyone who may be intrested,I was Speaking to Fiona Leggate at Rockingham yesterday and found out she is going for a world record.She is attempting to do 7or8 races in a weekend.She will be at Brands doing the Britcar Round on 24 th July.Then She will be at the MG 80th at Silverstone racing in 6 of 7 races on Sunday 25th.
I am sure I speak for all the people involved with the EERC in wishing her the very best for the attempt.
Old 24 May 2004, 19:44 (Ref:981771)   #6
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Opps Forgot to add She will be in a different car for the each of the races.All the best Fiona and MG.