Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Sep 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1104931)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Konrad V's Konrad ?

Whats the differance between the 2 Konrad run cars ? The yellow car and the Vitaphone cars seem a world apart . Both very quick but the Vitaphone car much more reliable .

Are they run differantly meaning the Vitaphone car has more wedge throw at it or what . Any ideas ? :confused:
Old 23 Sep 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1104962)   #2
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
vitaphone is more upgraded than the yellow car. also note that the yellow car has pay drivers in it half the time.
they have also had more mechincal failures, i really dont know why.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 13:25 (Ref:1104967)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, Im not 100% sure, but I know Vitaphone has a ex top engineer from the Jaguar F1 team, and has developed the car over this year, but Id assume that the Konrad car also gets his help too as they are basically the same operation. I think also that the Vitaphone car is more reliable due to the drivers, guys like Seiler and Konrad are good drivers dont get me wrong, but they are gentleman drivers, not top line professionals like Bartels and Alzen, Im guessing that Alzen and Bartels know how to stroke the car along a bit better.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1105060)   #4
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vitaphone = faster = gets the better parts. I feel so sorry for Walter Lechner, I'm praying that they'll put him in the 2nd Vitaphone Saleen next year (if it'll be there) with a fast codriver. Because currently he can't use his talent the way he should be able to.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 17:42 (Ref:1105197)   #5
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree Bramzel - WL JNr is indecently quick. Remember how Gounon also pedalled this car in 2003?

Saleen "Alzen - knows how to stroke the car" never ever thought I'd hear such words in the same sentence!!!

There's even hope then for "Everton, Premier League Champions 2004-05"!!!
Old 23 Sep 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1105334)   #6
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Konrad and Seiler are the endurance-pro's within Konrad, Bartelds and Alzen both have a sprint-race touringcar background wich shows in their style from time to time. They really push that car to the limits, while Konrad and Seiler (and Lechner who's a good learner) aren't really taking risks.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1105353)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon c

There's even hope then for "Everton, Premier League Champions 2004-05"!!!

Not that much hope, surely?
Old 23 Sep 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1105388)   #8
19dodge
Veteran

Chris Crawford is the engineer on the Vitaphone car. was he previously at Jaguar?

Yeah, Franz and Toni are good endurance drivers. they can preserve the car. Michael is similar. But Uwe goes 110% all the time and that wears down the car, and can cause these failures in the car. same thing happens in VLN with his Brother's Porsche. Realibility sucks. Uwe drives both. not trying to say he is a bad driver. hes not. but he pushes the cars to its limits, and that may be a reason why they break so often.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1105389)   #9
simon c
Racer

Chris Crawford used to runn the ADA team - C2 Champs at le Mans 1986, being most notable success
Old 23 Sep 2004, 21:46 (Ref:1105442)   #10
19dodge
Veteran

maybe im dumb or somethig, but what is ADA?
Old 24 Sep 2004, 04:36 (Ref:1105611)   #11
simon c
Racer

ADA was/is an engineering company and team name - in 1986 it ran a Gebhardt Cosworth chassis. By 1988 the team had reworked the car and christened it ADA. Dont know what ADA stands for though
Old 24 Sep 2004, 07:22 (Ref:1105686)   #12
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A driver doing almost qualiying laps at the beginning of a 24hour race only to have to fuel early in the first hour is hardly a endurance driver...In my eyes Alzen only knows flatout...which might be spectacular but very often leading to nothing but a worn out car .You have to drive fast when you have to not for the hell of it.
Lechner did stick the yellow car on pole several times now
if I remember correctly,so the speed is there.
Old 24 Sep 2004, 12:15 (Ref:1105878)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

Walter has 6 poles in the last 2 seasons with Konrad. that is quite impressive if you ask me. imagine what he would do if he was in the Vitaphone car!
Old 24 Sep 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1105897)   #14
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
here we are.Walter is a very quick driver .
I doubt he is to blame for the reliability issues at his car.
On the other hand my personal opinion is that a race car should be able to take all the punishment a driver has to offer.
Off course,constant abuse of the machine will eventually lead to parts failing,but driving at the limit and abuse are two different matters.
Old 24 Sep 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1105934)   #15
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon c
ADA was/is an engineering company and team name - in 1986 it ran a Gebhardt Cosworth chassis. By 1988 the team had reworked the car and christened it ADA. Dont know what ADA stands for though
ADA apparently ='Anglo-Dutch-American Engineering'

Chris Crawford has got a lot of experience of sportscars- ADA ran a number of different cars in Group C, but had been around a while before that, with projects like the infamous Triumph TR7 Turbo-

http://www.triumphtr7.com/documents/...ies/lemans.asp

From memory their first Group C project ADA 01 was based on a DeCadenet Lola, then they moved onto Gebhardts (including the Le Mans C2 win you mentioned), and then ADA 02 etc which, as you said were Gebhardt-derived. I think they also ran a 962 at Le Mans towards the end of the Group C period. Later they ran a De Tomaso Pantera, including a couple of attempts at Le Mans

http://www.detomasouk.co.uk/pages/lemans.htm