Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2001, 15:42 (Ref:78122)   #1
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have a mpg cl;ip of the schumacher-Hill incident of 94.I want to see what the fuss is all about.Please make suer its an mpg,mov or a avi clip and not a wmf,asf or even an avi using audio/video codecs.
Old 6 Apr 2001, 15:50 (Ref:78123)   #2
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.f-1.ru/video/index_e.html
Old 6 Apr 2001, 18:37 (Ref:78180)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do you make it load?
Old 6 Apr 2001, 18:55 (Ref:78185)   #4
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
By clicking on the screenshot.

This link should take you there:
http://f-1.sovintel.ru:8101/94/adela...um_hill_94.mpg
Old 6 Apr 2001, 19:27 (Ref:78194)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This russian fellow is getting popular day by day !, Do you know him, RussianFriend ? or does he post here ?
Old 7 Apr 2001, 21:20 (Ref:78456)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the fuss is that Schumacher turned in on Hill because he know he was already out. If you get an on-board shot and watch Schumachers hands you'll see what I mean...
Old 7 Apr 2001, 22:09 (Ref:78469)   #7
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
All the fuss is that Schumacher turned in on Hill because he know he was already out. If you get an on-board shot and watch Schumachers hands you'll see what I mean...
Yeah, but if you look from the OUTSIDE, it WOULD appear that he was trying to negotiate the turn, driving an admittedly damaged vehicle.

Was his "intention" to cut Hill off OR hit him? From the available far angle shots, it would appear to be the former rather than the latter.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 02:02 (Ref:78523)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely it must have been Hill's fault. TGF never makes any mistakes and nothing has ever or will ever be his fault.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 10:22 (Ref:78598)   #9
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hi ttc, I agree with your point in part but does it really matter whether Schumacher was trying to drive into Hill or cut him up? His basic aim was to take Damon Hill out of the race...
Old 8 Apr 2001, 12:12 (Ref:78615)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speed,

I got impressed by this guy two, about 1 month ago.
He has a huge movie archive, mainly Formula One, and that includes the 70's. I've downloaded the fatal crash of R. Peterson, wich unfortunately I saw live on TV.
I don't think he posts around here (unless he is RussianFriend !!). All I know is that he is living in Pain now !
Old 8 Apr 2001, 12:17 (Ref:78616)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry ! I must be missing some keystrokes at my keyboard...

He's living in SPAIN now !

Old 8 Apr 2001, 13:31 (Ref:78627)   #12
ttc
Racer

ttc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi ttc, I agree with your point in part but does it really matter whether Schumacher was trying to drive into Hill or cut him up? His basic aim was to take Damon Hill out of the race...
No. If you concede the point that it's possible that Schumacher might be having difficulties handling his car with a damaged front suspension, then it could just have easily been Hill whose pushing it too hard, a la RB on RS in Sepang.

And even if you believe that MS should have given way, it is a very likely scenario that his car was giving him enough problem.

BUT, if you believe that MS intentionally turn into Hill, taking the huge risk of manuevering a damaged car and risking flopping over and killing himself, then you have to admit that not only is he one of the most brilliant racers/tacticians, he has to be the most gutsy of them all.

I'm NOT drawing a conclusion. Just pointing to a possibilities of what had really happened.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 18:58 (Ref:78671)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
TTc, there is no way that Schumcher would have died had his car turned over at that speed, look at his crash in Melbourne during practice. 'Gutsy', I'd say stupid and desperate. Schumacher knew his car was too heavily damaged to be able to continue so he took his only remaining means of winning the title.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 19:16 (Ref:78678)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Agree with Damon. Same as he did to Jacques in Jerez - knew he couldn't beat him legally, so tried the only desperate illegal move he thought would work. Once it worked, once it didn't. The third time ... we'll see.
Old 8 Apr 2001, 21:52 (Ref:78731)   #15
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I have to disagree (why do we NEVER agree on ANYTHING, Liz!!). How was TGF meant to do a "damage" assesment in the ten seconds or so it took Hill to catch him up, exactly?? If the car WAS damaged on the right front (probably was), how much control would he have had on the turn in to avoid an over anxious Damon?? Why was damon even ATTEMPTING to pass at such a ludicrous point on the track?? Why not wait a couple of coners?? See what the damge was like on the Schumimobile. In on S-bend and a right it's the Brabham straght and, if you take those corners right, even if TGF was not damaged you'd be all over him like a rash and slipstream past.

50:50, racing incident. Blah blah.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 00:54 (Ref:78781)   #16
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
'Gutsy', I'd say stupid and desperate. Schumacher knew his car was too heavily damaged to be able to continue so he took his only remaining means of winning the title.
Damon, I couldn't agree with you more.

Last edited by Raoul Duke; 9 Apr 2001 at 00:54.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 07:52 (Ref:78832)   #17
JoMiSaP
Rookie

JoMiSaP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Michael simply took Damon off because he was going to pass him. TGF wouls have done EXACTLY the same had the situation been anywhere else.

Schumacher is ready to do ANYTHING to win.

Do I have to remind you that at the begining of the season Senna expressed his concern that the Benetton had some sort of traction control?

The FIA should not have allowed TGF to take part in the first three races of 1995. An at the end of 1997 they should have done the same.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 18:04 (Ref:79001)   #18
Liz
Veteran

And yet absolutely everyone who is ready to crucify Rubens for the same kind of stupid behaviour still maintains that this is "Michael's Brilliance."

Tristan, I think if you were old enough to watch F1 when Senna and Prost were rivals, you would have supported Senna. We are fated to disagree.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 18:13 (Ref:79005)   #19
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Liz

Tristan, I think if you were old enough to watch F1 when Senna and Prost were rivals, you would have supported Senna. We are fated to disagree.
[/QUOTE

Be fair, senna only ever took out Prost, that was a personal greivance between those two. Schmuacher will take out anyone who's a threat.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 18:20 (Ref:79008)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeahgrrrrrrrrrdontpartronisemeyouschmoegrumblegrumblesulk.........
Old 9 Apr 2001, 18:35 (Ref:79015)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Erm, that turns out not to be the case. I personally have a FIA 1993 Highlights reel that shows Senna taking out TGF - and TGF in his pits screaming at a pair of his pit crew (who are stifling smiles) that Senna should be banned for doing it.

And to be REALLY fair, the grudge was solely Senna's, as he was convinced that there was a French conspiracy against him due to the fact they wouldn't let him have the side of the track he wanted (i.e. change the start order to suit him) and wouldn't let him get away with making an illegal restart after he and Prost went off. Prost had no grudge against him that caused him to misbehave.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 20:29 (Ref:79029)   #22
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Picky, picky!! You have one example, gimme a break.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 21:21 (Ref:79045)   #23
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prost also took out Senna. In hindsight I don't think it can be said that any of those were worse than the other (but personal preference of course colours one's opinion).

Last edited by R; 9 Apr 2001 at 21:22.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 22:50 (Ref:79100)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Well, whether Prost took out Senna (in 1989?) or whether he simply did not allow Senna past when Senna expected him to let him by ("But I am Senna!") is a matter of heated debate and of course depends on which pilot you favour. But Senna certainly TRIED to take Prost out more often than vice versa. (On the other hand, Senna never threatened Prost with death during a TV broadcast.)

But the fact remains that more people believe TGF stole the 1994 WDC than believe he "won" it fairly.
Old 9 Apr 2001, 23:10 (Ref:79104)   #25
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Agree with Damon. Same as he did to Jacques in Jerez - knew he couldn't beat him legally, so tried the only desperate illegal move he thought would work. Once it worked, once it didn't. The third time ... we'll see.
I'm very sorry, Liz, and I mean this sincerely, but I have to contradict you here. Jerez wasn't the same as Adelaide. I have posted this once before. I watched the Jerez incident many times, several times using freeze frame on my video, and TGF did not just try to bang wheels with Jacques to put him off the track. There were two movements, after the first move towards Jacques, TGF saw the wheels would simply bang side by side and he jerked the steering wheel away from Jacques to aviod the wheel banging, waited till there was an overlap of wheels and then pulled his steering wheel towards the Williams a second time to try to launch the Williams into a roll. That's what made me so mad.
Rubens move was simply a bonehead move, an error of judgement, perhaps tinged with a small degree of stupidity. I didn't see any real malice in it. No, I'm not mad at Rubens anymore, and I only wish he would drive with a little more care.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 9 Apr 2001 at 23:14.