Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2022, 12:54 (Ref:4104347)   #251
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The i30 and Veloster are no longer available.

It's just the Elantra going forward.
Old 26 Mar 2022, 15:25 (Ref:4104362)   #252
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I know.

Based on promotion (not motorsport related) here in the Netherlands I would say Kia is nowadays the more present of the two. Kia is big in electric cars, Hyundai is still more an ICE(-hybrid) brand. Also the motorsport part of Hyundai is the N brand. Probably these two reasons is why they don't race with Kia.
Old 13 Apr 2022, 00:42 (Ref:4106595)   #253
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
TCR returns to Bathurst over the Easter Weekend.

Tony D'Alberto leads the championship, but Bathurst is unforgiving and a single mistake can result in being parked for the weekend with a damaged car.
Old 13 Apr 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4106662)   #254
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 13 Apr 2022, 23:44 (Ref:4106750)   #255
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Coulthard to miss Bathurst TCR with Covid.
So, another one who picked it up at Albert Park where he was with WAU.
Slade will take Fab's place in the Stan Sport car.
Allegations that several non driving V8SC personnel who were at Albert Park have also tested positive this week.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/14...-bathurst-tcr/
Old 15 Apr 2022, 01:32 (Ref:4106902)   #256
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jay Hansen walled the brand new Audi first lap out, beyond trackside repair, ouch.

Into spare car

https://tcraustralia.com/2022/04/15/...ractice-crash/

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2022, 01:35 (Ref:4106903)   #257
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Jay Hansen walled the brand new Audi first lap out, beyond trackside repair, ouch.

Into spare car

https://tcraustralia.com/2022/04/15/...ractice-crash/

Another race meeting, another binned car by Mr Hanson..
The patron behind him must truly believe in the vision..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Apr 2022, 01:41 (Ref:4106906)   #258
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Also comical the TCR fans who wanna say they are cheaper to run than bespoke chassis

Old 15 Apr 2022, 01:47 (Ref:4106907)   #259
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You'd rather have to slow 'em down than speed 'em up.
Old 15 Apr 2022, 01:54 (Ref:4106908)   #260
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
You'd rather have to slow 'em down than speed 'em up.
People said that about Courtney.

Oh wait he won one championship while crashing, never won much since, and is still crashing and blaming other people, nevermind

Old 15 Apr 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4106921)   #261
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So no coverage of practice today. Maybe I'll take my $29 back from Stan. I guess we've been spoiled by Fox Sports coverage of SC.
Old 15 Apr 2022, 17:13 (Ref:4106954)   #262
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also comical the TCR fans who wanna say they are cheaper to run than bespoke chassis
How come we never hear such complaints about the substantially similar Porsche 911 Carrera Cup cars?

[Or Improved Production, or Series Production, or Toyota 86s, or Mazda RX8 Cup, or BMW E30s, or Hyundai Excels etc etc etc...]

Where is the sniping at the headline Bathurst 6 Series Production category, just because they might need the odd chassis rail repair from time to time?

eTCR does use a silhoutte chassis for those who prefer that. The range is still a problem though.
Old 16 Apr 2022, 00:30 (Ref:4106966)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
People said that about Courtney.

Oh wait he won one championship while crashing, never won much since, and is still crashing and blaming other people, nevermind

On Mr Noonan’s latest podcast, he recounts that was Mr Johnson’s EXACT assessment of Mr Courtney when he was signed to the team..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 Apr 2022, 03:04 (Ref:4106973)   #264
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Still pushing this boring barrow?

Touring cars aren’t sports cars, they should be built how they are to remain true to what they are.

We don’t want them to be like Supercars after all, masquerading as touring cars…

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
So no coverage of practice today. Maybe I'll take my $29 back from Stan. I guess we've been spoiled by Fox Sports coverage of SC.
How many fans really want to watch practice?
Old 16 Apr 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4106980)   #265
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Really enjoyed Saturdays coverage.
Jordan Cox is a real talent and great to watch.
And I love Trans Am. (go Tim Brook)

Maybe they could have swapped in some better supports than Qs and Pulsars. ( I didnt know there were that many HQs still existing in Australia)
Historics or improved production or production cars.
But good racing and entertaining

Last edited by bathurst77; 16 Apr 2022 at 07:45.
Old 16 Apr 2022, 09:04 (Ref:4106986)   #266
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
Totally agree..... especially if its Front wheel drive.
Shame race 2 in the TCR is not looking too positive for him due to engine issues in race 1.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/16...2-at-bathurst/
Old 16 Apr 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4106990)   #267
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe they could have swapped in some better supports than Qs and Pulsars. ( I didnt know there were that many HQs still existing in Australia)
It’s all to do with entry numbers and hence the amount of money they can pay the organisers.
Off to Bathurst in the early morning.Will be a bit of a contrast with being at Albert Park last week.
Old 16 Apr 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4106991)   #268
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Totally agree..... especially if its Front wheel drive.
Shame race 2 in the TCR is not looking too positive for him due to engine issues in race 1.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/16...2-at-bathurst/
A great save in Race 3..
Old 17 Apr 2022, 03:24 (Ref:4107024)   #269
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

They're incredibly cheap to run when you don't soley rely on the local agents of their constructors for parts or prep. GRM, MPC, Wall Racing and HMO are making a nice profit off parts sales and labour... Frankly, they're taking the pi$$.

The issue with Mr Hansen's shunt was that the rail couldn't be straightened, and that being the only one of it's type in this hemisphere, parts are a bit scarce.
Old 17 Apr 2022, 03:27 (Ref:4107025)   #270
Mixer
Veteran

Also the bigger issue is that outside of VW & Audi it seems less than 2/3 of the field is reliable enough to finish a 20 lap race. Who were they kidding with a 500km enduro?

Old 17 Apr 2022, 06:13 (Ref:4107027)   #271
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

What do you think the 6 hour is?
Old 17 Apr 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4107042)   #272
Umai Naa
Veteran

Depends who you speak to; the top end of town in proddies might as well be GT4 on 'roids.
Old 17 Apr 2022, 23:33 (Ref:4107097)   #273
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Also the bigger issue is that outside of VW & Audi it seems less than 2/3 of the field is reliable enough to finish a 20 lap race. Who were they kidding with a 500km enduro?
TCR vehicles compete in the Nurburgring 24 hour. I think the problem could just be that many of the vehicles in the Australian series aren't checked and maintained all that carefully.

The vast majority of the parts on the actual engines are made to OEM production car standards, so should be very reliable in theory given they are typically only running at +50hp compared to the bog-standard road car.

As to the durability of the racing parts like suspension or fuel system that would vary car by car, but you'd expect the seasoned touring car builders like JAS Motorsport or Audi Sport to be building very durable parts.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 17 Apr 2022 at 23:41.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 03:00 (Ref:4107109)   #274
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
TCR vehicles compete in the Nurburgring 24 hour. I think the problem could just be that many of the vehicles in the Australian series aren't checked and maintained all that carefully.
WHICH vehicles?

I keep hearing this, and other than VAG brands which I called out before, nobody is interested in running TCR cars any distance because they do not last. The laptime they do at Bathurst considering what they cost is very fast, but they are clearly too fragile to run in endurance races. It would seem to be that Hyundai might also have a robust enough car, but the rest don't seem to be up to it.

If you are primarily going to use a vehicle for endurance then it is worth upgrading to endurance spec but it seems nobody here has the appetite. I suspect the local 400 or 500km single race that as mooted will quietly never be spoken of again.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 03:28 (Ref:4107111)   #275
Umai Naa
Veteran

Honda, Hyundai and Opel all compete regularly in the Nurburgring endurance races, and others.

Peugeot also offers an endurance kit for the 308, which also competes in these kinds of events from time to time.

Smashing over kerbs and running off track, is murderous on FWD CVs. Not following the constructor's guidelines for component and service lifing doesn't help either.